Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Kyle Lafferty To Sign

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Wiz"] Not nearly good enough for a promotion push. [:@][/quote]

Didn''t realise you were such a fan of the Swiss Super League and Serie B. You''ve obviously seen a lot of FC Sion and Palermo to be able to make such a confident call before he has even signed for Norwich.

[/quote]

I''m not the only one on here saying this, so go question them, but no, that doesn''t suit your point scoring agenda does it?[:|]

[/quote]

Most of your opinions are copied from people ''on here''

[quote user="Yobocop"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Didn''t realise you were such a fan of the Swiss Super League and Serie B. You''ve obviously seen a lot of FC Sion and Palermo to be able to make such a confident call before he has even signed for Norwich.

[/quote]

I''m not the only one on here saying this, so go question them, but no, that doesn''t suit your point scoring agenda does it?[:|]

[/quote] Most of your opinions are copied from people ''on here''[/quote]

Ditto to another point scorer............sad really. [:(]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s an open thread, they are welcome to speak for themselves.

Are you just basing your opinion on the word of others (who also haven''t seen him play for a few years)? Or do you actually have any original thought on the matter?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you just basing your opinion on the word of others (who also haven''t seen him play for a few years)? Or do you actually have any original thought on the matter?

[/quote]

You''ve had your reply which you dodged like all point scorers do... . . .be gone .

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''ve had your reply which you dodged like all point scorers do... . . .be gone .

[/quote]

So basically you haven''t got a clue about Lafferty, but just felt you would complain anyway as it suits your own agenda?

It''s an open question - anyone who has seen him play in the last few seasons is welcome to answer why he isn''t good enough for Norwich.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So basically you haven''t got a clue about Lafferty, but just felt you would complain anyway as it suits your own agenda?

It''s an open question - anyone who has seen him play in the last few seasons is welcome to answer why he isn''t good enough for Norwich.

[/quote]

Look, we don''t want you fancy London types coming on here with your skinny lattes, pesto, relish and ''facts'' about stuff. My grandfather fought the Hun so that you could express your ''opinions'' so don''t forget your manners.

[quote user="A Gay Schoolboy"]I have no idea if he''s good or not these days but signing him disappoints me a bit because it makes it that much more unlikely that we''ll sign Rhodes.[/quote]Aint that the case , Simon Thomas got us all hoping with his bid about to go in for Rhodes tweet and we end up with Grabban and Lafferty , its enough to make you cry .

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]I saw him twice, albeit a while ago. He came on as a sub in that 4-1 home defeat that did for Worthington in October 2006, and the season after he played (rather well, as I recall) all through our 2-0 win (Dublin and Evans) at Carrow Road. I think he would be an excellent acquisition at somewhere between £3m and £4m. Perhaps even worth it at a bit more.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27995519

It''s not often the BBC splash with a story unless they are 100% certain.

International clearance, which this transfer requires, can often take a while to sort out. Transfers will always happen slower in close season as there is no real pressure to get it sorted out quickly.

I''m not sure Grabban has been signed as an out-and-out striker. He can play in a number of different roles from the wing, AM, in the hole like Wes or as a Striker.What we don''t have is a target man, bar Becchio who may well be on the way out. If this deal was sorted before Snodgrass going then perhaps a move for Rhodes could still be on the cards.If we lost Becchio and Hooper it would only leave us with Grabban and Wolfswinkel.Could be a new striking line up of Grabban, Wolfswinkel, Lafferty and Rhodes.In some ways that inspires me a bit more than last season if I am honest.

Give him a proper striker to partner with instead of utter garbage like Hooper, and it''s a good signing.

Lafferty................Singularly uninspiring, unexiting,uninteresting even.He didnt score many for Rangers, whats he going to be like in a competitive league? I would love to be proved wrong.

Sam Vokes went to Burnley with a pretty uninspiring Championship goalscoring record, but was great last year. Sometimes, a player goes up a level if he fits into a team seamlessly. I don''t expect a player like Lafferty to be brought in as a frontline striker, but a support striker which allows us to have a plan B (i.e. a more direct approach if we can''t break down a side or when we need a physical presence). I think Adams has a plan....let''s see!

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Sorry, don''t like the sound of the guy especially the bit about training (and a little bit about the woman.)

http://therangersreport.com/2014/06/26/palermo-team-president-kyle-lafferty-is-too-busy-hunting-women-to-be-on-his-team/
[/quote]

The quotes have been taken out of context a little, but the main message to take is Zamparini has had to make these statements because the fans are so upset that Lafferty has been sold. His performances have made him a strong fans'' favourite and the actual quote about training was more along the lines that he doesn''t train hard, but gives 120% in games. The more I hear about Lafferty the more he reminds me of Holt (although Holt is much more a family man).

My prediction is that Lafferty will come in, perform very well and leave within a season or two - he''ll piss off a bunch of people and be fairly unlikeable but produce results on the pitch like he has done most of his career.

If a replacement for becchio I would be more than happy. Could prove a very useful option. Don''t know if I would rely on Grabban and Lafferty to get the goals to see us promoted though. We need to keep at least one of Van Wolfswinkel or Hooper. Keeping both would be great and leave us with some formidable striking options.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Here he comes...[/quote]15 minutes....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Here he comes...[/quote]15 minutes....[/quote]Doh! Just started a new thread in my excitement. [:$]

Just hope NA can improve his discipline, I worry we''ve signed someone who is going to be trouble.

[quote user="Ginja"]Just hope NA can improve his discipline, I worry we''ve signed someone who is going to be trouble.[/quote]

Won''t do any harm having a player or two with a bit of edge.   We seemed to lack a bit of that last year.

i feel so deflated at this signing its untrue. No only is he no better as a target man than Becchio who in his last half season in the Champ scored 20 goals before Jan it probably means one or more of our other strikers will leave. Who would actually do a much better job in the Champ than this beanpole.

Anymore like this and the season ticket will be returned faster than those two who threw them at Gunn!