Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Kyle Lafferty To Sign

Rumours in Italy hes to join. Former Burnley, Rangers player. Target man. Says a sky sports journalist, normally very reliable source.

First impression was not keen. Although it looks like he has done well at Palermo and Italy is not an easy league to get goals in. Surely spells the end for Becchio if he does join though.

Just the signing we need. Get back to 4-4-2 with him as a target man. We''ve badly missed one since Holt left. Good thing about Lafferty is he can play a bit too. That means the purists can be kept happy yet we should still be able to win ugly when needed with hopeful punts into the box when the tiki taka (or our version of it) fails. I''m suprised we can attract him in all honesty given his record last season and his international record.

Maybe his partner in crime Abel Hernandez fancies a move too ;-D

Looks like he got in some bother in Scotland. Pretending to be nutted, getting into a fight in training. Wow, the list looks impressive! Perhaps we''ve missed having a bit of a c**t on the pitch since Holt and Martin left!

Here is the original source of the story from Italy;

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/palermos-lafferty-will-take-the-medical-for-norwich-tomorrow/

Lafferty has done well at Palermo, but it is worth noting they are in Serie B so he''s been playing against teams such as Trapani, Ternana and Cittadella. The Championship is certainly a step up from that.

[quote user="Bor Bor Boycott"]I don''t see what the author of ''Baker Street'' is going to offer us that Hooper can''t.[/quote]You have to be of "a certain age" to get that BBB!

[quote user="Bor Bor Boycott"]I don''t see what the author of ''Baker Street'' is going to offer us that Hooper can''t.[/quote]

He''s gonna give up the booze and the one night stands.........

Jimmy Smith wrote the following post at 23/06/2014 10:07 AM:

""he will play a year" sounds like it might be on loan... hmm... "

I read it as he will play a season in the championship with the aim of getting promoted to the P.L.

Here is a bit more info - looks like its on the cards - could be the target man we need but no mention of any fee ?

Sources in Italy are claiming Norwich City are set to sign former Burnley and Rangers striker Kyle Lafferty from Italian side Palermo, reports Sky Sports

Palermo were considering selling the Northern Ireland international so they could fund a deal for Jasmin Kurtic.

Kyle Lafferty is reported to be signing for Norwich City

Kyle Lafferty is reported to be signing for Norwich City

Cardiff City, Crystal Palace and Queens Park Rangers were all rumoured to be interested in the 26-year-old who only joined the Italian club last summer.

Lafferty started his career at Burnley where he made his debut in August 2005 and scored ten goals in 87 appearances in three years at Turf Moor.

He left for Rangers in the summer of 2008 for £3.25 million, scoring 38 times in 138 appearances in a four year spell at Ibrox but left the club in June 2012 following the club’s financial difficulties.

The striker then moved on to Swiss club FC Sion signing a three-year contract but only lasted a season scoring eight goals in 28 appearances.

Lafferty was purchased by Palermo in June 2013 and scored 12 times in 35 appearances last season.

He has 37 caps for Northern Ireland, scoring nine times for his country.

Lafferty has done well at Palermo, but it is worth noting they are in Serie B so he''s been playing against teams such as Trapani, Ternana and Cittadella. The Championship is certainly a step up from that.

Trapani <-> Rotherham

Ternana <-> Millwall

Cittadella <-> Brentford

There''s also some decent teams that have just come down. Looks like they have real money problems in that league though.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Lafferty has done well at Palermo, but it is worth noting they are in Serie B so he''s been playing against teams such as Trapani, Ternana and Cittadella. The Championship is certainly a step up from that. Trapani <-> Rotherham Ternana <-> Millwall Cittadella <-> Brentford There''s also some decent teams that have just come down. Looks like they have real money problems in that league though.[/quote]

Trapani, Ternana and Cittadella are midtable clubs though - Trapani were even pushing for promotion at one point. Serie B is a very weak league (the bottom third of Serie A isn''t all that either). Not saying Lafferty won''t do well if he does come to Norwich, but hard to judge on what he has been doing at Palermo - at least he has been prepared to go abroad to Switzerland and Italy though to seek new opportunities.

He''s big, but not the strongest so will be interesting to see if he can play as a target man and hold the ball up.

praying this isn''t true, not good enough....well good enough for mid table. Hoping its a loan, or perhaps we can get him on the cheap, would 500k be enough does anyone reckon?

Lafferty & Grabban, this relegation is depressing me more than i thought it would do. Maybe im being harsh just an expectation i had.

Sussexyellow wrote the following post at 23/06/2014 10:34 AM:

Goal scoring record is OK but not earth shattering.

-----------------------------

His goal scoring record is worse than any of out other strikers...by quite a long way

It would speak volumes of our club''s ambitions. [:S]

I was being polite Mrs M!

Back up for Grabban at best! As has been mentioned earlier, this means Becchio will go - or worse take his wages and sit on the bench.

[quote user="Kathy "]

[quote user="Bor Bor Boycott"]I don''t see what the author of ''Baker Street'' is going to offer us that Hooper can''t.[/quote]

He''s gonna give up the booze and the one night stands.........

[/quote]

If that had been a Tweet I would have favourite it!

It''s not that bad a goalscoring record. At 26 years old he has a ratio of 1 goal every 4 games and involved in one goal every 3 (including assists) Which really isn''t bad as your target man. Especially bearing in mind he should be approaching his best years now.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Sussexyellow wrote the following post at 23/06/2014 10:34 AM:

Goal scoring record is OK but not earth shattering.

-----------------------------

His goal scoring record is worse than any of out other strikers...by quite a long way[/quote]

How do you come to that conclusion. I suggest you look at his stats for the last four seasons. In three of them he averaged a goal in just over two games, which makes our strikers no better, not as your apparently biased statement suggests.

Decent scoring record. Exactly the type of player we''ve been missing. Out to impress. Still time to develop as a player. Nah, would much rather have that Pachinko lad back from Liverpool.

Used to quite like him when he was at Burnley but not really seen him play since then, apart from a couple of games for Rangers.

We definitely need someone with a bit of "presence" upfront and he''d offer that. Scores a few goals too.

At first glance I thought - Perhaps a decent target man but an average of one assist every 15 games would seem to suggest otherwise

A total of 20 assists over a 10 year career is extremely low for any front man!