Sign in to follow this  
bloodwagon

Looks like snoddys going

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]Lincoln and Highland in "cup half full" shocker.[/quote]

I think you mean half empty dumb ass.[/quote]Yes you''re right.Hows the missus btw, tell her I said "Hi"[/quote]

My god your a sad fcuk! You do realise how unoriginal and predictable you are don''t you? Nobody reads your nonsense and thinks "how funny is he", the truth is the majority think the complete opposite.[/quote][:)]

[quote user="bloodwagon"]I thought it was funny.
Anyway back on subject, I think its good we got 7-8 mill for someone in there last year and been reported he was not going to resign.
Good on the board !!!!!
[/quote]

Agree with this. Very good deal indeed.

Now let''s not waste the fee. Invest wisely.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="bloodwagon"]I thought it was funny. Anyway back on subject, I think its good we got 7-8 mill for someone in there last year and been reported he was not going to resign.Good on the board !!!!![/quote]

Agree with this. Very good deal indeed.

Now let''s not waste the fee. Invest wisely.

[/quote]I really do hope we dont waste the fee, but with the board and the people we have in place I reaqlly cant see it being wasted.

[quote user="morty"]I can only dream of, one day, trolling at Shyster''s level[;)][/quote]Sorry morty, you have no chance, Shyster`s got it down to an art !! lmao

Honestly dont think Snoddy leaving will be that much of an issue. He scored goals but I feel that if he had passed instead of shot we would be +5 at least this season.

lincoln canary wrote the following post at 01/07/2014 7:31 AM:

"So according to snoddy the board didn''t offer him a new contract..... "

Congratulations, you seem to have found a negative to this deal. I wonder how long you and all the rest of the Haters can milk that one?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]So according to snoddy the board didn''t offer him a new contract.....[/quote]

[quote user="Rob Snodgrass"]“They wanted to keep me and I can totally understand that. It’s business for both sides,” he said. “Their business was to try to keep me but the whole point for me was to target the Premier League. Norwich knocked back a couple of offers which I didn’t agree with.[/quote]

Why would they offer him a new contract if he made it clear he wanted to leave? Would be a waste of time and resources really wouldn''t it?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]lincoln canary wrote the following post at 01/07/2014 7:31 AM:

"So according to snoddy the board didn''t offer him a new contract..... "

Congratulations, you seem to have found a negative to this deal. I wonder how long you and all the rest of the Haters can milk that one?[/quote]Why is that ''finding a negative'' Joanna ?  It''s a statement that RS has allegedly made himself, on a public medium. If you take it at face value, then there''s nothing negative about it.  Perhaps they wanted to cash in on RS''s value and use the dosh to strengthen elsewhere. Time will tell. If you choose to sell a car and use the cash to take your wife on holiday, how is that ''a negative ''?

Quality forum software, let''s try again..[quote user="lincoln canary"]So according to snoddy the board didn''t offer him a new contract.....[/quote]

[quote user="Rob Snodgrass"]“They wanted to keep me and I can totally understand that. It’s business for both sides,” he said. “Their business was to try to keep me but the whole point for me was to target the Premier League. Norwich knocked back a couple of offers which I didn’t agree with.[/quote]

Why would they offer him a new contract if he made it clear he wanted to leave - would be a waste of time and resources really wouldn''t it? Or are you suggesting that the club weren''t really that bothered about keeping Snodgrass?

Pretty clear the club never intented to keep Snoddy.

It is just sweet talking in front of the media.

Adams is no fool. He saw that Snodgrass offered little in terms of making other players good.

RvW suffered the most from his egoistic approach, constant slowing down of play, and his one-footedness.

Great heart and energy, but for me, not effective enough when his job is to be a provider for the strikers.

Good sale, well done Mcnasty!

Look at a montage of Snoddy''s work and you will see goals and free-kicks.  Impressive looking stuff.  What montages/highlights don''t show is the amount of times he ran into dead ends, failed to deliver crosses into the danger area early enough, or just fell over.  Leeds fans warned us he would frustrate us and he has.    I''ve said throughout the last two years that he needs to improve his decision making - and he hasn''t.   He will go to Hull, frustrate their fans, score a few, run into dead ends a lot - unless Bruce is stronger than Hughton and can change him for the better.   It will be interesting to see what happens...........

What effect on the other players will the sale of Snodgrass have?

Will they feel that the club''s ambition is waning because they have sold their ''best'' player or will they feel some relief that the main focal point in the team has been removed giving the opportunity to others to take some of the limelight?

Reggie Strayshun wrote the following post at 01/07/2014 8:25 AM:

"Why is that ''finding a negative'' Joanna ? It''s a statement that RS has allegedly made himself, on a public medium. If you take it at face value, then there''s nothing negative about it. Perhaps they wanted to cash in on RS''s value and use the dosh to strengthen elsewhere. Time will tell. If you choose to sell a car and use the cash to take your wife on holiday, how is that ''a negative ''?"

In my mind it''s not but I''m sure that Lincoln and his gang would screw it as to intimate the Board did not do enough to keep him.

From my point of view i think Adams would have liked to have kept him but he would have been used sparingly in maybe a few games. At the end of the day it would not have been cost efficient though, Snoddy wants to play on the big stage and we got good money for him so everybody is happy.

I don''t know what sort of contract extension we could have offered that in any way matched Hull Tigers. We couldn''t pay him Premier wages, only offer him the promise of Premier wages IF we got promoted this season and that, unfortunately, cannot be guaranteed. If he was a Hull Tigers player then how much we we pay to secure his signature this season? I cannot see us paying out the rumoured £7 million plus add ons to buy him. If you get a lot more money for a player (especially one with only 1 year left on his contract) than you would have payed to buy him in the current market then its a good deal.Personally looking forward to seeing the team play in a different styles without Snoddy in the side. If we had kept him then I feel that he would have severely restricted the number of formations and styles that we could/can adopt during games next season. Be great to see some pace back on the right hand side, just need a RB now that can bomb on.