Sign in to follow this  
bloodwagon

Looks like snoddys going

[quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]wonderful committed player. everyone has his price but we would miss him so much and Leeds are sure to have a sell on clause. It make s me sick to think we are being financially bullied by Hull so avoidable[/quote]

Wow, how out of touch with reality some people are. Snodgrass played well(ish) for the last 15 or so games last year, before that he was complete pants.

£8m for him is the deal of our history.[/quote]

thank god, McNally has told some one the exact figure Hull are payingsaves all the made up speculation

I think at this point it''s more worth talking about what one £8million Snodgrass will be turned into in replacements.

Given the situation we''re in I would suspect a marquee signing is in the offing as those in charge must know that, either way, selling Snodgrass makes our position look weaker to many outside the yellow and green.

I''m gonna dare to hope for Rhodes.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]wonderful committed player. everyone has his price but we would miss him so much and Leeds are sure to have a sell on clause. It make s me sick to think we are being financially bullied by Hull so avoidable[/quote]

Wow, how out of touch with reality some people are. Snodgrass played well(ish) for the last 15 or so games last year, before that he was complete pants.

thank god, McNally has told some one the exact figure Hull are payingsaves all the made up speculation

[/quote]

Well that''s the figure everyone is quoting smartA*se.

Anyway, anything over £2m would be the best deal we''ve ever done so whether it''s £6m, £7m, £8m who cares? I still can''t believe he fooled so many people just by trying hard.

I have a sneaky suspicion this is going to be used to finance a deal for Rhodes so I share your hope!

[quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="City1st"][quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]wonderful committed player. everyone has his price but we would miss him so much and Leeds are sure to have a sell on clause. It make s me sick to think we are being financially bullied by Hull so avoidable[/quote]

[/quote]

Well that''s the figure everyone is quoting smartA*se.

Anyway, anything over £2m would be the best deal we''ve ever done so whether it''s £6m, £7m, £8m who cares? I still can''t believe he fooled so many people just by trying hard.[/quote]So you agree that the figure is not correctwhich, err is my pointas to who cares, apparently you do if your angry little tantrum is anything to go by

bittersweet in many ways.As much as Snoddy was our stand out player he is also a bit of a pain in the arse.To selfish and beligerant so probably for the best he moves on.Although he will become one of these relegation hoppers as will prob get his second relegation in two years at the end of 14/15 season.I think selling Snoddy is probably for the best which will probably generate me some heat !

If we go ahead and purchase Rhodes, which striker would that spell the end for? If it''s just Becchio I wouldn''t care much, but surely it''d be hard to keep Hooper, Grabban and Rhodes all happy and given enough game time, especially considering it isn''t the Prem. You''d want to be playing week in week out if you were them and staying at this level.

I''d prefer to use the money to create the meanest and quickest defense in the entire league - I''m sure we''ll score enough goals.

Goals and goalscorers were more lacking than in any previous season of our club. With the money from Snodgrass, a marquee signing of the profile of Rhodes or, indeed, Deeney is exactly what we need.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Goals and goalscorers were more lacking than in any previous season of our club. With the money from Snodgrass, a marquee signing of the profile of Rhodes or, indeed, Deeney is exactly what we need.[/quote]The odds on Rhodes ending up at CR must be very close to nil.

Is Rhodes actually what we need though? I know that sounds a curious statement given that we scored so few goals last year and ostensibly Rhodes has got goals by the shedload in recent seasons.

But I think we also need strikers who are the full package and have the all round game to compliment the goal scoring ability. I am not convinced Rhodes is necessarily that man. You would think either Grabban or Deeney is much more suited to playing that lone striker role if required.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Unfortunately Ricardo, I''m minded to agree with your view. It does not, however, militate against our need for such a player.[/quote]I can''t see us doing any more business with forwards unless Hooper or RVW head for the exit. In fact until we know who else is leaving it''s almost impossible to predict who will come in. Personally speaking, I''m just waiting upon events.

Sad to see a good player go but now we have 8mil to play with in the transfer market.

Looking forward to seeing what we do with it!

[quote user="Mason 47"]Sad to see a good player go but now we have 8mil to play with in the transfer market.

Looking forward to seeing what we do with it![/quote]I bet that lot down the road would love to have 8 mil to spend!

Very disappointing to have lost our best player to Hull. The natural extension of many of the arguments on here is that we should sell other non-performers (in their eyes) such as Hooper. I can think of no better strategy of ensuring continuing Championship football.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Very disappointing to have lost our best player to Hull. The natural extension of many of the arguments on here is that we should sell other non-performers (in their eyes) such as Hooper. I can think of no better strategy of ensuring continuing Championship football.[/quote]

Agreed. It is absolutely essential we keep Hooper.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]Lincoln and Highland in "cup half full" shocker.[/quote]

I think you mean half empty dumb ass.[/quote]Yes you''re right.Hows the missus btw, tell her I said "Hi"

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="morty"]Lincoln and Highland in "cup half full" shocker.[/quote]

I think you mean half empty dumb ass.[/quote]Yes you''re right.Hows the missus btw, tell her I said "Hi"[/quote]

My god your a sad fcuk! You do realise how unoriginal and predictable you are don''t you? Nobody reads your nonsense and thinks "how funny is he", the truth is the majority think the complete opposite.

I thought it was funny. Anyway back on subject, I think its good we got 7-8 mill for someone in there last year and been reported he was not going to resign.Good on the board !!!!!