Sign in to follow this  
bloodwagon

Looks like snoddys going

£8m for a winger that can''t cross or beat players down the line, tell me when and I''ll drive him there myself.

We would be idiots to turn that down he''s not worth half that.

Paul u are 100% correct

The problem is most of the people who post on this board have never seen a live game and are idiots

Take the cash - dont waste it - lots of Prem loan opportunities in early September, when loan market opens to us

All twats on here want to waste the cash before season starts

Huzzah is all very well Wiz, but whats the alternative?

Make him stay, seriously?

The club can have all the ambition it wants, perceived or otherwise-but it can''t magic up Premier League football for next season. And thats what Snodgrass wants, end of. So its a no brainer. He leaves.

Of course, there will be those that say make him stay, best players, best chance of going straight back up etc. But what, gasp, if we don''t? One year of parachute money gone and we have to let a player go for nothing? Good move, think of the outcry if that happened. Plus, by definition, he doesn''t want to be here.

In other words we keep a player who doesn''t want to be here and who will be worth exactly £0 this time next year incase we get promotion with him. Beyond a gamble. Good luck to Snoddy and yes, he might find us swapping places with his new club at the end of next season. But this is now and you don''t retain a player against their will.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Huzzah is all very well Wiz, but whats the alternative?

Make him stay, seriously?

The club can have all the ambition it wants, perceived or otherwise-but it can''t magic up Premier League football for next season. And thats what Snodgrass wants, end of. So its a no brainer. He leaves.

Of course, there will be those that say make him stay, best players, best chance of going straight back up etc. But what, gasp, if we don''t? One year of parachute money gone and we have to let a player go for nothing? Good move, think of the outcry if that happened. Plus, by definition, he doesn''t want to be here.

In other words we keep a player who doesn''t want to be here and who will be worth exactly £0 this time next year incase we get promotion with him. Beyond a gamble. Good luck to Snoddy and yes, he might find us swapping places with his new club at the end of next season. But this is now and you don''t retain a player against their will.

[/quote]

You speak a lot of truth Shuck, but, if we go up its worth 90 million to City, set that against a £7million deal now, he''s still under contract so make him see it out............and if we go up watch him sign an extension pronto.

We won''t know for sure whether this is a good deal until all the ins and outs are completed and the squad is finalised. But £7m plus, at the moment, really does look like a great bit of business for us.

If the figure is true £8m for a player with a year left on their contract and who,  while happy to stay here,  would rather stay at the top flight is simply too good an offer to turn down,  although £7m reported on sky now.

What we have to do as a club is re-invest all of that cash in strengthening the team,   whether its obinna or home grown,  or preferably some creative central midfield talent to support fer.  

Many think Snodgrass is better than he is. I love his enthusiasm and occasional dead-ball ability, but can''t see much else. He is a borderline Prem player - and for his sake if the opportunity exists to remain in that division he should take it.

For £8m (which I doubt) I''d probably throw Pilkington into the deal too!

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Very happy with this news. All we need is similar money for Ricky and I''m happy.[/quote]

Prepare to be disappointed....

Pretty sure Adams fancies playing with out-and-out oldfashioned wingers, with pace to beat a man.

Not inverted wingers with no pace, and who lacks the final ball.

I am a Snoddy fan for his heart and passion. Never gives up.

I am NOT a Snoddy fan for his knack of moaning, for his knack of making good players in the team look bad (RvW comes to note), for his inability to pick a pass AT THE RIGHT TIME, and for his rather big ego.

So, for me, given he has 1 year left on his deal, dont want to sign a new deal, I think we are better off selling him now. For anything from 5-8 mill.

Actually, I would sell for 5 mill too...but need to know a bit more about Leeds'' apparant sell-on clause first. Likely to be 20% or so, I guess.

Great deal for us, £8m?!

He''s a good player and i''ll have fond memories of him in a Norwich shirt but he only got POTS in my opinion because Ruddy and Fer had injury problems. Put it this way, it was a Lee Croft year as opposed to a Darren Huckerby year for that award.

I admire his attitude and his commitment to the cause (that he said he''d happily stay etc. and never stopped trying when others did) but I think we''ll be better served with plan A being a more traditional 4-4-2 with wingers that can get to the byline and cross primarily. Snodgrass doesn''t fit this mould like someone like Bennett does. Pilks, Benno, Redmond and the Murphys are cracking options for the flanks. Olsson too if we need cover down the left and push Garrido or whoever in at left back.

The £8m won''t really effect much in my opinion, it probably just buys us an extra season further down the line if we are struggling to get promoted. I think our budget this summer far exceeds the calibre of player we can realistically attract. (i.e. I reckon overall we have £20m+ but there just isn''t enough decent interested players out there to spend the money on that would make a difference).

Rhodes will end up in the premiership before anyone says owt.

[quote user="grefstad"]Pretty sure Adams fancies playing with out-and-out oldfashioned wingers, with pace to beat a man.

Not inverted wingers with no pace, and who lacks the final ball.

I am a Snoddy fan for his heart and passion. Never gives up.

I am NOT a Snoddy fan for his knack of moaning, for his knack of making good players in the team look bad (RvW comes to note), for his inability to pick a pass AT THE RIGHT TIME, and for his rather big ego.

So, for me, given he has 1 year left on his deal, dont want to sign a new deal, I think we are better off selling him now. For anything from 5-8 mill.

Actually, I would sell for 5 mill too...but need to know a bit more about Leeds'' apparant sell-on clause first. Likely to be 20% or so, I guess.[/quote]

^^^ This.   Will be interesting to see if he is such a mixed bag in a different set up, or whether he is always going to be such  a frustrating player to have in your team.   Should  mean we have a better "team" next season, not a one horse show of huff and puff and the odd goal at the expense of the rest of the team.  

Hull are in a very strong financial situation.They have a squad mainly made up of Championship players, much like us in our first season. Wages are probably quite minimal.If they are to play by FFP then the owner can pay for any operating costs of the club itself and any expansion in infrastructure but not provide funds for player wages or transfers.So when all is said and done, £60million plus whatever they make in player sales, club sponserships etc and general income as a club.Back to Snoddy. £8million is a good price for him. He cost us a rumoured £2.5million. At the time big Mac said that none of the signings made so far had broken the club record - then Ryan Bennett. So a good guess would be £2.5-3million.We would have more than doubled what we paid for a player who has a year left on his contract and could start talking to other clubs from January onwards. If he wants to go then it''s a good deal for everyone.Ofcourse it would be a risk on his part, no guarantee that Hull will continue to do as well next season. But one thing is for sure, you know Bruce will be respectful to us and not take the piss.Would I like him to stay? Of course - but football these days is so rarely about what the fans want. And I should imagine the fans that berated him in ''that'' game last season probably haven''t helped in the long run.

Their wages are minimal? You think Huddlestone went there for a pittance? Or Livermore? Shane Long was reported to have received a significant rise moving from West Brom (trebled I think). Jelavic? Not for peanuts. Even Curtis Davis, established and experienced, will be getting a decent pay packet.

Steve Bruce has been heavily funded at every club he''s managed and Hull is no exception. The results he achieves compared to the funding he gets are generally pretty average, which is probably why he''s never got anywhere near managing one of the top 6 or 7.

Definate pay rise for him. I reckon he''ll be on £40k plus. It''s a good deal for him, for us and maybe for Hull, we''ll have to wait and see.

If Wolves can get £7.5m rising to £10.75m for Matt Jarvis, then perhaps £8m for Snodgrass with a year left on his deal is about right.But if we could get him to sign a new deal I''d prefer if we kept him, our best player.

If reports from (reputable) websites are correct, stating that NCFC slapped a 10 mill pricetag on Snoddy, and then accepting a deal at around 8 mill, it is astounding business by McNasty.

Likely played poker, since he knew there were lots of interest, so he gambles on one or two of the interested parties becoming a bit shaky, wanting to do their business early, etc. It seems Hull fell in McNasty''s trap.

If this deal goes through, McNasty have redeemed himself a long way after the shambles that was Chrism Hughtons appointment and all-too-late sacking.

All this Snoddy stuff is really starting to get on my tits!

I think he''s been great/very passionate, but I wish he''d just hurray up and go as he obviously doesn''t want to be here and is clearly longing for any move back up north he can get.

All that banging on about wanting to go to Celtic his boyhood club, and then he goes to Hull, who will probably struggle in the prem next season anyway due to the toll of Europa football.

The sooner the deal is done/made offical the better so we can move on and get back to Benno''s pace on the wing!

Happy with this reported fee. Id have rather kept him if the fee was only 3m for example but think this is a very fair fee. I wonder what the extra million is dependant on? Number of times deliveries fail to clear the first man? Number of times he holds his hand up before each set play? Number of times he''s seen moaning? Number of times he throws himself to the floor? Number of times he usurps penalty duties because its his ball and he''s going home if he cant take it?

All jokes aside though, Snodgrass has his qualities, feel he would have been more effective through the middle though - on the wing he unbalanceed the side and slowed down attacks. With him out of the side we would lose the Snodgrass connundrum, in the way we''ve always had the Hoolahan connundrum. Square peg in a round hole. Fantastic commmitment and never went missing, but for a potential 8m, Id say thank you very much

Brilliant business.

Snodgrass was a big disappointment to me. Not as much as some because he did give 100%. But he probably got more of the ball than any other midfield/forward and I believe because of his lack of pace and playing on the wrong side, everything slowed or stopped. We never seemed to have any momentum during his possession.

I believe other players such as Redmond who have greater assets than Snodgrass came produce more ultimately.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]

Happy with this reported fee. Id have rather kept him if the fee was only 3m for example but think this is a very fair fee. I wonder what the extra million is dependant on? Number of times deliveries fail to clear the first man? Number of times he holds his hand up before each set play? Number of times he''s seen moaning? Number of times he throws himself to the floor? Number of times he usurps penalty duties because its his ball and he''s going home if he cant take it?

[/quote]

hahah! that did make me chuckle!

Great business, Snodgrass is a good player but he certainly dominates how our team plays for good or bad. 8M for a player in the last year of his contract, Hull must be mental. Good work McNally.

It will be a good bit of business as long as the fee received is pumped back into the squad!