Sign in to follow this  
bloodwagon

Looks like snoddys going

If he wants to go, and we get 8 million, and the club spends it, I wont be overly unhappy at this.

£8 million?.............rip their bloody hands off!

[quote user="morty"]If he wants to go, and we get 8 million, and the club spends it, I wont be overly unhappy at this.[/quote]If we was to keep him, how do you think he would do in the Championship Morty, after tasting the prem ? 

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="morty"]If he wants to go, and we get 8 million, and the club spends it, I wont be overly unhappy at this.[/quote]If we was to keep him, how do you think he would do in the Championship Morty, after tasting the prem ?  [/quote]
I think he would do very well, but he is in the last year of his contract, and however well off we are 8 million quid is a lot of money. I would love him to stay but 8 million smackers will certainly soften the blow.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="morty"]If he wants to go, and we get 8 million, and the club spends it, I wont be overly unhappy at this.[/quote]If we was to keep him, how do you think he would do in the Championship Morty, after tasting the prem ?  [/quote]
I think he would do very well, but he is in the last year of his contract, and however well off we are 8 million quid is a lot of money. I would love him to stay but 8 million smackers will certainly soften the blow.
[/quote]Myself I dont think he would settle in Champ. I could see his form going downhill as he would always be thinking of the prem. Just my was of thinking.

£8m when he could leave for nothing in 12 months would be a ridiculous deal for us, we''d be fools to turn it down.

That being said, it''s The Mail, so there''s probably more chance of Suarez playing an entire season without being a total c**t than this being true.

Didn''t they spunk a load on Livermore today? Are they that flush to have that sort of money available? Think they spent fairly heavily in January too.

Not buying it.

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="morty"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="morty"]If he wants to go, and we get 8 million, and the club spends it, I wont be overly unhappy at this.[/quote]If we was to keep him, how do you think he would do in the Championship Morty, after tasting the prem ?  [/quote]
[/quote]Myself I dont think he would settle in Champ. I could see his form going downhill as he would always be thinking of the prem. Just my was of thinking.[/quote]
Looks like we''ll probably never know!

Mr Brownstone, dont they have a sugar daddy as an owner, so money is not a problem for them plus the 6o mill for being in the prem.I see they have the money, question is are they willing to spend it. I think yes as Bruce must have told them he needs money this time around.

Not sure about the sugar daddy but a huge chunk of that £60m will be spent on paying the wages of the players already on the books as well as all the other costs associated with the day to day running of a Premier League club, they also broke their transfer record already today.

I''d be sad to see him go but 8 million would be an excellent deal for us, two and a half times what we paid and we''re fairly strong in this position anyway.

8 Million buys a lot of quality in the Championship and we need center and attacking midfielders far more urgently than we need another winger

wonderful committed player. everyone has his price but we would miss him so much and Leeds are sure to have a sell on clause. It make s me sick to think we are being financially bullied by Hull so avoidable

[quote user="Deptford Canary"]It''s all gone quiet on pilkington though. (And he''s the better outside midfielder.)[/quote]
* If he is fit.

I really like Snodgrass, and I really would like to keep him, but 8 million is a lot of money for somebody with one year left on his contract.

Would much prefer he stayed but thats a more than fair price considering his contract situation

[quote user="Wiz"]£8 million?.............rip their bloody hands off![/quote]
OMG. I agree with Wiz. Someone shoot me.
On topic, I LOVE Snodgrass'' passion and heart. One of a very small number who actually looked like he gave a $h1t right until the bitter end last season. However, I''m not sold on him as a player, and as stated by others £8mill for a player with 12 months to go is a silly offer if true. We''d have no choice but to take that realistically. 
If the funds are spent wisely, that could be a hell of a boost to the kitty at this level!!

I fear £8m. may well be far from the true figure, a newspaper can make up their own number but anything over £5.5m. would be a good deal, given our others in that position.

Would like to see Pilkington turned into cash as well but his persistent unavailability problem, coupled with often being anonymous when on the pitch has devalued him from the days when Swansea were said to be knocking.

£8m or near that mark is far too good to turn down for Snodgrass.

His first half of last season wasn''t great and actually he wasn''t great in the second half of the season before - a couple of goals masking a lot of games where generally didn''t contribute too much.

Sometimes I think his commitment/passion/graft is actually bit more of him playing to the crowd than it really is actual hard work from him. However, had it not been for him getting back to his better form around Christmas onwards we''d have been dead and buried long before we were. He was one of very few who gave us any hope on the pitch.

It''s all about balancing risk versus reward. Sell our best players and likelihood of promotion diminishes. Fail to gain promotion next season and we''ll join Bolton, Blackburn etc etc etc behind another three newly relegated teams. I for one would like to maximise our chances of promotion notwithstanding the managerial appointment. Or is Championship football the limit of our ambition now?

He was one of the best players in the Championship and we were very lucky to get him.

It is only speculation that he wants to go but if he does £8m is a fair price.

We either have to sell or get him to agree a new contract, I''d be happy with either eventuality, but not the third alternative (seeing out the remaining year of his current contract) especially if we are being offered anywhere near 8 million for his services.

[quote user="Wiz"]£8 million?.............rip their bloody hands off![/quote]

And how many times have you seen him play pitch side Wiz and not through a stream? I guess you will refuse to answer yet again...

[quote user="Monty13"]We either have to sell or get him to agree a new contract, I''d be happy with either eventuality, but not the third alternative (seeing out the remaining year of his current contract) especially if we are being offered anywhere near 8 million for his services.[/quote]

Agreed. I think it''s very unlikely he would sign a new contract, at least not unless/until we are high up the league and looking in with a chance of promotion.

As a player he''s near enough at his peak, he''s not going to improve and make it to a top 6 club. If he has a chance of European football he''s bound to want to take it.

From our point of view there''s nothing he can do on the field in the Championship to increase his value and as his contract runs down it just falls. So sadly we haven''t much choice but to get what we can for him asap and see who we can find to replace him.

And while we''re at it look for Fer''s replacement, because reality is that there will almost certainly be offers for him too, either from the Premiership or possibly from mainland European teams involved in the UEFA cup.

Looks like all the family silver is going to be sold and we will be amongst the also-rans in the Championship for a few years at least then.If Snodders goes, then i suspect Hooper, RVW, Fer will also be on their way.You don''t get promoted by selling your best players and replacing with players from the lower leagues.

Hardworking player who lacks the final ball too many times. Can''t take corners to save his life, scores the odd free-kick but misses more than he scores. If we get a good fee, I''d drive him to Hull (for 25p per mile).

[quote user="whoareyou"]Looks like all the family silver is going to be sold and we will be amongst the also-rans in the Championship for a few years at least then.

If Snodders goes, then i suspect Hooper, RVW, Fer will also be on their way.

You don''t get promoted by selling your best players and replacing with players from the lower leagues.
[/quote]

My first ''Huzzah'' today.[Y]