Sign in to follow this  
Bill

City Quiz

some firsts

1. Who scored the first City goal of the 21st century

2. What City player received the club''s first yellow card ?

3. Ex Canary Craig Bellamy scored for Cardiff against City, Feb 2014 - name the three firsts connected with that goal

4. The first game of 2009/10 saw City beaten 1-7 at home, what was also significant about that day ?

5. First win in the top flight, when and who against ?

remember it''s a test of your City knowledge, not your Google skillsand so as to allow others to have a go could you please wait till after 6pm Sunday before posting answers, ta

otherwise have fun

1, Wiz wouldn''t know, wasn''t on a stream

2, Wiz wouldn''t know, wasn''t on a stream

3, Wiz may know

4, Wiz wouldn''t know, wasn''t in the Lower Barclay and wasn''t one of those throwing his season ticket at Gunn - he only read about it and then had a biased opinion about. Sorry to ruin the answer though: First Carrow Road game for Waveney following his Messiah.

5, Wiz wouldn''t know, wasn''t on a stream

What do I win?

Oh go on then., here''s 1 and 5 to be going on with...

1. Craig Fleming vs Portsmouth.

5. Very sweet this. The Scum, 2-1 in Aug 1972-and at their place. First home win at that level was against Derby County who were then Champions.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Oh go on then., here''s 1 and 5 to be going on with...

5. Very sweet this. The Scum, 2-1 in Aug 1972-and at their place. First home win at that level was against Derby County who were then Champions.

[/quote]

check your clock, old shuckotherwise .............

[quote user="City1st"]some firsts

2. What City player received the club''s first yellow card ?

3. Ex Canary Craig Bellamy scored for Cardiff against City, Feb 2014 - name the three firsts connected with that goal

4. The first game of 2009/10 saw City beaten 1-7 at home, what was also significant about that day ?

remember it''s a test of your City knowledge, not your Google skills

and so as to allow others to have a go could you please wait till after 6pm Sunday before posting answers, ta

otherwise have fun

[/quote]

I''m pretty sure I was at 4 of those 5 events but for the life of me I don''t know the answers.

Please can we have the answers?

[quote user="City1st"]3. Ex Canary Craig Bellamy scored for Cardiff against City, Feb 2014 - name the three firsts connected with that goal,[/quote]

It was Solskjaer''s first victory as Cardiff''s manager and I think it was Bellamy''s first Premier League goal for Cardiff. No idea what the third first is though, but I will guess at it being the first time Cardiff had come from behind to win a game?

Moo

some firsts

2. Which City player received the club''s first yellow card ?

3. Ex Canary Craig Bellamy scored for Cardiff against City, Feb 2014 - name the three firsts connected with that goal... it was Bellamy''s first Premier League goal for Cardiff.

4. The first game of 2009/10 saw City beaten 1-7 at home, what was also significant (in firsts) about that day ?

5. Very sweet this. The Scum, 2-1 in Aug 1972-and at their place.

First home win at that level was against Derby County who were then

Champions.

(remember it''s a test of your City knowledge, not your Google skills)

some firsts

1. Craig Fleming vs Portsmouth.2. Which City player received the club''s first yellow card ?

3. Ex Canary Craig Bellamy scored for Cardiff against City, Feb 2014 - name the three firsts connected with that goal... it was Bellamy''s first Premier League goal for Cardiff. two more

4. The first game of 2009/10 saw City beaten 1-7 at home, what was also significant (in firsts) about that day ?

5. Very sweet this. The Scum, 2-1 in Aug 1972-and at their place.

First home win at that level was against Derby County who were then

Champions.

remember it''s a test of your City knowledge, not your Google skills so come on wiz, jimbo, * * *..... and anyone else

Wasn''t it Matt Jackson who scored the first goal this century?

Bellamy first player to score for seven(?) different teams in the PL?

Colchester game was also Grant Holt''s debut.

Wasn''t it Matt Jackson who scored the first goal this century?

eh ? Fleming in 2001Forbes in 2000

Bellamy first player to score for seven(?) different teams in the PL? yep, spot on

Colchester game was also Grant Holt''s debut. And curiously (1-7) there were also seven players who were making their City debut that daywithout looking up, can you name them ?(ps give it an hour or so in case others want to have a try, ta)

pps first yellow card ?

We''re doing the "21st century actually started on 1.1.01" are we? OK, fair play, calendar check needed indeed...

[quote user="im spartacus"]theonelsonwhaleygillholtadeyemiowain tudor jones    ?[/quote]spot on, master sparty

7 newbies and we get hit for 7

now we still have the first yellow card for City

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="im spartacus"]theonelsonwhaleygillholtadeyemiowain tudor jones    ?[/quote]spot on, master sparty

7 newbies and we get hit for 7

now we still have the first yellow card for City

[/quote]

Hmmmnnnn...when I was growing up, I was always led to believe this was Big Dunc....or was he just the obvious suspect?

We had plenty of others prone to a card or two at the time - Keelan, Billy Steele or Kevin Bond to name 3 and hedge my bets!

yepDuncan Forbes in Aug 1976 V Arsenal (first season usung red/yellow cards)miraculously he had avoided a yellow at Andfield a few days beforeas the Times stated elsewhere -"''''Forbes got his customary booking, the

referee ought to take his name in the changing room rather than on the

pitch, thus saving time.''''"

[quote user="City1st"]yepDuncan Forbes in Aug 1976 V Arsenal (first season usung red/yellow cards)miraculously he had avoided a yellow at Andfield a few days beforeas the Times stated elsewhere -"''''Forbes got his customary booking, the

referee ought to take his name in the changing room rather than on the

pitch, thus saving time.''''"

[/quote]I didn''t know but would have guessed either Forbes or Keelan.

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Out of interest, why did Kevin Keelan get booked so often?[/quote]I may be wrong but I am not sure he did. He famously got sent off once, in an era (long before red and yellow cards) when sendings off were rare, for left-hooking an annoying Northampton forward. But bookings for keepers were generally for time-wasting and I don''t recall Keelan being particularly guilty of that.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Mr Angry"]Out of interest, why did Kevin Keelan get booked so often?[/quote]I may be wrong but I am not sure he did. He famously got sent off once, in an era (long before red and yellow cards) when sendings off were rare, for left-hooking an annoying Northampton forward. But bookings for keepers were generally for time-wasting and I don''t recall Keelan being particularly guilty of that.[/quote]If you recall, Purple, Keelan always had his foot up and studs showing when he went up to catch a high ball. Purely for his own defence of course[:)] but some forwards took exception to it.A great keeper but he always struck me as the kind of guy you wouldn''t want to get on the wrong side of.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Mr Angry"]Out of interest, why did Kevin Keelan get booked so often?[/quote]I may be wrong but I am not sure he did. He famously got sent off once, in an era (long before red and yellow cards) when sendings off were rare, for left-hooking an annoying Northampton forward. But bookings for keepers were generally for time-wasting and I don''t recall Keelan being particularly guilty of that.[/quote]If you recall, Purple, Keelan always had his foot up and studs showing when he went up to catch a high ball. Purely for his own defence of course[:)] but some forwards took exception to it.A great keeper but he always struck me as the kind of guy you wouldn''t want to get on the wrong side of.[/quote]And I think he had a bit of a temper on him, as with the sending off, but I don''t remember - it is a very long time ago - that translating into many bookings. And it was Sandy Kennon rather than Keelan who worked as a rather imposing bouncer at the Norwich Bowl in the summer so perhaps he was the hard man...