Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Get a Grip

I''ve seen the usual trolls and others on here and Twitter/Facebook moaning that we sold Snodgrass, and that is typical Norwich to sell our best players.Since September 2009 we have had the luxury of not having to sell our best players, can anyone name players we''ve had to sell due to a bigger club coming in?  I can''t think of anyone, and to go 5 years without having to do that is absolutely amazing and probably unheard of in our recent history.We''ve been extremely lucky to have had those 5 years, so for ONE player to be sold and these kind of moans and groans to come out is ridiculous.

5 years and counting for me. It would seem that we held out for a price that we were happy with. We named our price and Hull agreed to pay it.

The others that made offers, didn''t meet that price but thought that we would buckle as they could speak with him in January. The fact that we didn''t suggests that we are not the pushover that we have been in the past.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I''ve seen the usual trolls and others on here and Twitter/Facebook moaning that we sold Snodgrass, and that is typical Norwich to sell our best players.Since September 2009 we have had the luxury of not having to sell our best players, can anyone name players we''ve had to sell due to a bigger club coming in?  I can''t think of anyone, and to go 5 years without having to do that is absolutely amazing and probably unheard of in our recent history.We''ve been extremely lucky to have had those 5 years, so for ONE player to be sold and these kind of moans and groans to come out is ridiculous.[/quote]In fairness we''ve had very few players with any market value.

That''s a bit of a ridiculous comment. All the way up from league 1 we''ve had some big performers who other clubs (not necessarily top prem clubs) would have wanted - but we didn''t have to sell at any point. Granted in the last season, the value of our players will have diminished (except Snodgrass, bizarrely!).

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="ncfcstar"]I''ve seen the usual trolls and others on here and Twitter/Facebook moaning that we sold Snodgrass, and that is typical Norwich to sell our best players.Since September 2009 we have had the luxury of not having to sell our best players, can anyone name players we''ve had to sell due to a bigger club coming in?  I can''t think of anyone, and to go 5 years without having to do that is absolutely amazing and probably unheard of in our recent history.We''ve been extremely lucky to have had those 5 years, so for ONE player to be sold and these kind of moans and groans to come out is ridiculous.[/quote]In fairness we''ve had very few players with any market value.[/quote]Ridiculous statement.

Sa as I am to see Snoddy go, I can see why the club made the deal. 12 months left on his contract, better to cash in now than to let him leave in 6 months or a year for less of a fee/free. We are well covered down the flanks, but I wouldn''t be surprised if we made a big offer for a creative midfield player with some of the Snoddy money.What some of the less intelligent on here (who seem to have some weird vendetta against our board of directors because they aren''t foreign billionaires who care little about our club or community) need to realise is that this doesn''t mean we are going to sell Fer/Olsson/Hooper/Ruddy as all of these players are on longer contracts, we can afford to tell them to stay for a season and see where we are. If the players try and force a move however, Adams may feel its better to move them on, provided the price is right.Snoddy''s sale does not mean we are suddenly going to start accepting bids from all comers for all of our best players.

[quote user="MancCanary"]That''s a bit of a ridiculous comment. All the way up from league 1 we''ve had some big performers who other clubs (not necessarily top prem clubs) would have wanted - but we didn''t have to sell at any point. Granted in the last season, the value of our players will have diminished (except Snodgrass, bizarrely!).[/quote]Not really,Our biggest achievers from League One were Grant Holt and Wes Hoolahan, neither had played at a high level, neither had any real scope for improvement due to their age and neither had any real transfer value.The Championship under Paul Lambert, was a massive team effort.We had no stars at all. Holt, Crofts, Michael Nelson, Jackson, Surman and Fox were all outstanding. But as the previous year, non had scope to really go and play for bigger better clubs. In fact look what they have all done since. So its not because we''ve not needed to sell, its because they weren''t wanted.Lambert s first season in the Premier League was essentially the same squad. Holt was superb as was Ruddy and Pilkington. By now rumors were rife that we would get bids for Ruddy (Arsenal) and Pilkington (Liverpool), neither seemed to materialise.Only Snodgrass and Ruddy stood out the following season. Snodgrass isn''t the kind of player that will attract attention from the top clubs and although a move to Chelsea seemed on the cards. for whatever ever reason, Norwich board pleaded with him, his valuation wasnt met or Ruddy didn''t want to go and play second, again it didn''t materialiseLast year was obviously a disaster and for the first time we have some players who have market value, purely because we have gone down and they want to play in the top division. Snodgrass is a proven ''winger'' for a midtable Premier League club, Ruddy is acomplished and spent some time in the England setup, Fer as value even more so after his goal in the World Cup, even wolf will still retain some of his value for the contiental market. although poor last season Im sure someone will pay for Bassong.Up until now, we''ve had no real players that have been wanted by bigger clubs, had we stayed up the only players we would have had a battle to keep would have been Ruddy and Fer