Sign in to follow this  
Bob da Canary

Ashton....

ashton only signed a new contract today cos we cudn''t get morrison, cos it was clear that if we got morrison then ashton would have been sold to maybe the likes of west brom, wigan, west ham ..... for around £7million. besides even if we did get morrison, i think he wudnt be as gd as ashton.

[quote]ashton only signed a new contract today cos we cudn''t get morrison, cos it was clear that if we got morrison then ashton would have been sold to maybe the likes of west brom, wigan, west ham ..... for...[/quote]

If you believe that then... Oh Nevermind

Sorry mate, but I think that''s rubbish. You''re just trying to see the most negative side of things you can.

What''s so hard to believe about Worthy trying to keep his best striker and sign another one?

Have to agree with Bob Da Canary - Why else would we give Ashton a new contract after 8 months ? It is obvious that subject to us buying Morrisson , Ashton was on his way - As this didn''t happen we needed to come up with a sweetener for Dean .

well Mate, i''m not looking at the negative sides, all i''m doing is pointing out what was very likely to happen. Why would Worthy sign another striker and keep Ashton when

1. He already has hucks, ashton, mckenzie, thorn and jarvis. why would he sign another striker without really giving Thorne a chance?

2. Everyone knows that Norwich haven''t got lots of money to buy new players so why would we suddenley be able to buy a striker?

3. Why would Worthey buy a new striker when its obvious we need a new defender or possibly midfielder as Fleming isnt getting older and slower. Also, we''ve let go of a couple of midfielders this year so we might need to strengthen in that area too.

[quote]ashton only signed a new contract today cos we cudn''t get morrison, cos it was clear that if we got morrison then ashton would have been sold to maybe the likes of west brom, wigan, west ham ..... for...[/quote]

Absolute twaddle....go boil yer head

go boil my head? haha k... anyway what i''m saying is true and you know it.

Look, basically,worthy only made ashton sign today because he knew morrison deal had fallen through and had knew he had to act swiftly and keep ashton whatever it took, also, ashton was tempted by the premiership clubs with their premiership wages so worthy knew that he had to offer a better contract to ashton because he knew he would''ve been off to the premiership. with this new contract and premiership type wages ashton will be happy to stay.

We were trying to sign morrison cos worthy considered him a better striker than Leon, end of story. Anyway morrison is not even the same type of player as Deano.

That has to be the most hilarious load of rubbish i have read on any forum this season.

Load of rubbish...don''t you realise that new contracts takes days and weeks to beat out? If they''d said to Dean that they would only sign the contract of Morrison came to Norwich, he like anyone would have told them to get stuffed!

Selling Ashton with less than a week to go before the transfer deadline would be of no use to Norwich. Money is no good if you can''t spend it. Morrison''s transfer fee would have come from the sale of Francis.

If we were to lose Ashton because he expressed the desire to move to a big Premiership side, it would be disastrous for the club and the board knows this. Just look at what chaos losing Damien Francis two days before the season started has caused to the team. The board have acted sensibly to ensure that Ashton stays with us, just as Palace have done with Johnson.

Bob da Canary - Do you think Cystal Palace will now sell Johnson for big money now they Morrison?

[quote]go boil my head? haha k... anyway what i''m saying is true and you know it. Look, basically,worthy only made ashton sign today because he knew morrison deal had fallen through and had knew he had to ...[/quote]

Worthington "made" Ashton sign? How did he do that then - hold a gun to his head?

I am not a Worthington fan, never have been, unlikely ever to be one - however, it is clear that the heirachy at the Club were concerned about other Clubs coming in for Deano, so they did the most sensible thing that they could and offerred him a new, improved contract. Thus, at a stroke, thay have sent out a message to any interested parties to forget trying to sign Deano because he is staying here. An astute bit of business I would say.

As for your comment - "Everyone knows that Norwich haven''t got lots of money to buy new players so why would we suddenley be able to buy a striker?" Where does that come from then? We have sold Helveg, Johnson and Francis and spent far less than the fees received. We have saved a considerable amount on wages for these players and the others that we have released. Right now we have both the capital, and the revenue, to sign at least a good CB and a good CM.

I thought the same thing when we went for morrison but after missing out on morrison(thank god) Ashton signing a new contract was not a ploy!!!.

At last it seems that the board are looking in the same direction as the supporters wanting success not just a quick buck!!!!.

I hope now we can put this Ashton story to bed as i for one am sick to death with the whole thing!!!!!.

Well done the board & NW now go out and get the final bits of the puzzle to let us take this league by storm rather then a slight breeze!!!!!!

What is it with some supporters and always having to make the worst out of something good?

No i''m not a ''boo boy'' at all, i was just explaining my thoughts on this ashton topic. i mean some of you arn''t even justifying why you think this post is rubbish, just making negetive comments about it. You''re only kidding yourselfs i mean, why cant you just take in the reality of the situation, why can''t anyone accept the negetive factors, ah well, please yourselves.