Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Quick look at Snoddy's twitter page shows the depressing reality

The number of fellow pros (including many in our own dressing room) who are tweeting Snoddy congratulating him on his move and saying how deserved it is is really winding me up.

This is a player who was an integral part of an underperforming, relegated team and who has sealed a move to Hull sodding City. That any of our players would regard that type of move as a "deserved success" is a worry to me.

I appreciate that the premier league is the be all and end all for some players these days but those tweets really illustrate clearly how this has become the case and perhaps also offer an insight into why some players don;t see relegation as that big a deal. Why would you when you can move to a dump, get a pay rise and be back fighting relegation from the prem again the next season as if nothing has happened. Bit disappointed in Snoddy;s premiership at all costs attitude to be honest He''s not a Norwich fan so i accept no reason why he should have any loyalty to us but thought he was one of the ones with a better attitude. Will just go to show IF Ruddy stays what a top bloke he really is.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]The number of fellow pros (including many in our own dressing room) who are tweeting Snoddy congratulating him on his move and saying how deserved it is is really winding me up.

This is a player who was an integral part of an underperforming, relegated team and who has sealed a move to Hull sodding City. That any of our players would regard that type of move as a "deserved success" is a worry to me.

I appreciate that the premier league is the be all and end all for some players these days but those tweets really illustrate clearly how this has become the case and perhaps also offer an insight into why some players don;t see relegation as that big a deal. Why would you when you can move to a dump, get a pay rise and be back fighting relegation from the prem again the next season as if nothing has happened. Bit disappointed in Snoddy;s premiership at all costs attitude to be honest He''s not a Norwich fan so i accept no reason why he should have any loyalty to us but thought he was one of the ones with a better attitude. Will just go to show IF Ruddy stays what a top bloke he really is.[/quote]

Have you never congratulated a friend on getting a new job, where they are effectively being promoted and getting a pay rise?  Players are just doing what we all do in similar situations.

It''s hard to knock Snoddy. An all-effort, influential player who had some famous moments for us. However, I cannot help but feel that we might see a more direct and open style as a partial result of his loss. I say ''partial'' as I consider the demise of ''Hughtonism'' as being the main factor in this respect.

Whatever way you look at it, it was an excellent piece of business by Norwich City.

Here''s one wot I wrote earlier:-

"There was a young winger called SnodgrassWho spent most of the game on his ar-eSteve Bruce said "I rate,For a million or eight,And went right ahead with the farce."

Good luck Snodgrass.

Sadly you have to realise this is modern day football. We didnt get Fer, snoddy, hooper, olsson because they were desperate to join norwich. They wanted to get in the premier league and thats where we were. Thats where players want to be. Theres no loyalty in football and why should there be. If someone wants to offer me twice as much as money to do my job somewhere else then im going there. Thats life.

What surprises me Jim is not your feelings but that you "expected" loyalty in the first place.

He soon moved to us from Leeds to get "prem" football and wages, why the surprise when he does the same to us.

Personally I think he has done us a favour, removed a bottleneck and added 8milish to the transfer budget.

Good luck and goodbye!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]The number of fellow pros (including many in our own dressing room) who are tweeting Snoddy congratulating him on his move and saying how deserved it is is really winding me up. This is a player who was an integral part of an underperforming, relegated team and who has sealed a move to Hull sodding City. That any of our players would regard that type of move as a "deserved success" is a worry to me. I appreciate that the premier league is the be all and end all for some players these days but those tweets really illustrate clearly how this has become the case and perhaps also offer an insight into why some players don;t see relegation as that big a deal. Why would you when you can move to a dump, get a pay rise and be back fighting relegation from the prem again the next season as if nothing has happened. Bit disappointed in Snoddy;s premiership at all costs attitude to be honest He''s not a Norwich fan so i accept no reason why he should have any loyalty to us but thought he was one of the ones with a better attitude. Will just go to show IF Ruddy stays what a top bloke he really is.[/quote]

A quick look at this post shows the depressing naivety of this poster.

I get that we have signed a number of players in recent years for "premiership football." They did not have any great desire to play for Norwich, they wanted to play in the premiership. We benefitted from that and now we will suffer because of it.

I do realise this is how it is. But the point of my thread really is how depressing/frustrating it is to see the attitude of the players spelt out in black and white on twitter and also i suppose the notion that Snoddy getting a move to a cr*p prem team having underperformed for much of last season is referred to be some as "well deserved." I guess i just (unrealistically) wish that wasn''t the attitude and there was a bit more collective responsibility being taken for our relegation and desire to make amends hence I feel that those players who could try and force a move but do stick with us will really deserve some praise.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]The number of fellow pros (including many in our own dressing room) who are tweeting Snoddy congratulating him on his move and saying how deserved it is is really winding me up. This is a player who was an integral part of an underperforming, relegated team and who has sealed a move to Hull sodding City. That any of our players would regard that type of move as a "deserved success" is a worry to me. I appreciate that the premier league is the be all and end all for some players these days but those tweets really illustrate clearly how this has become the case and perhaps also offer an insight into why some players don;t see relegation as that big a deal. Why would you when you can move to a dump, get a pay rise and be back fighting relegation from the prem again the next season as if nothing has happened. Bit disappointed in Snoddy;s premiership at all costs attitude to be honest He''s not a Norwich fan so i accept no reason why he should have any loyalty to us but thought he was one of the ones with a better attitude. Will just go to show IF Ruddy stays what a top bloke he really is.[/quote]

A quick look at this post shows the depressing naivety of this poster.

[/quote]

Not naive. I think some people on here fail to understand the basic concept that you can still be disappointed/frustrated by something even if you know deep down its likely to happen/how it is.

Snodgrass was our best player in a disappointing season. The club didn''t want to sell him any more than they wanted to sell Ashton after relegation. They did so on both occasions because it was good business (getting £7m for a player we paid £3m for in each case). This is what Snods had to say in the Pink''un:

“Getting relegated was hard to take,” he said. “Last year, I believe that I couldn’t have given any more from a personal point of view. I was struggling with a few niggling injuries but I went out there and put my body on the line to try to save the club from relegation. Obviously, that wasn’t to be. I had a great two years there. I made some great friends and met some great people. I had one year left of my contract and they didn’t offer me anything else when we went down to the Championship. There’s no bad blood at all. I believe I did as well as I possibly could towards the end of last season.”

He can now burn in the pits of hell imo, he is the enemy from today.[6]

Just looking forward to him trying to get the bay from Huddlestone for corners and free kicks!

Oh shut up Wiz.

Snodgrass said himself that the club didn''t offer him a new deal.

He had one year left on his contract. Doesn''t sound like we made much of an effort to keep him.

He has hardly ran down his contract and left on a bosman has he, Snodgrass has done nothing wrong.

He said he wasn''t offered a new deal after relegation - I have no doubt he was offered one earlier.

Howson and a few others who contracts were set to expire at the same time signed extensions. I can''t imagine Norwich failed to offer one to Snodgrass as well - he probably turned Norwich down around Christmas, or even as early as last summer.

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Oh shut up Wiz. Snodgrass said himself that the club didn''t offer him a new deal. He had one year left on his contract. Doesn''t sound like we made much of an effort to keep him. He has hardly ran down his contract and left on a bosman has he, Snodgrass has done nothing wrong.[/quote]

Shut up yourself.

Furthermore, he''s an incubus in waiting.

Snodgrass was obviously very popular amongst the rest of the players, so it''s a shame that he''s gone.I feel some of our demise last season was that players, when asked, ''who has the best banter ?'' the reply, in the past, would always be Marc Tierney or Grant Holt, who both left the club.   

The player who in my mind had the biggest part to play in our relegation has gone and we gained a reported £7-8m.  The best bit of business in the history of NCFC.Mark my words that by Christmas he''ll be on the bench more often than not and most likely back at Leeds within 18 months.

Snodgrass has done nothing wrong, he''s a talented but in many ways very limited player who always gave his all for us. Plus if he was willing to leave Leeds for us he''d obviously have no problem leaving us for Hull.

He often pops up with a goal, contributed excellently defensively and occasionally takes an awesome free kick but is worse than useless on the counter, rarely puts in a decent cross or gets round his man.

He''s a good player, lower Prem definitely and I think he''ll do well at a much less defensive Hull but I''d rather have the 8 Million the club has got to get a couple of decent players that suit Adams'' system

He gave his all for us and nobody can ask for more. Relegation means that ambitious players are likely to be in demand elsewhere. They are not Norwich City fans and we shouldn''t expect them to be.Good luck Snoddy, we will miss you.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Really?

We need a "Pathetic Poster of the Year" Award.[/quote]Edited for you mate

[quote user="Darth Catbeard"]

He''s a good player, lower Prem definitely and I think he''ll do well at a much less defensive Hull but I''d rather have the 8 Million the club has got to get a couple of decent players that suit Adams'' system[/quote]This seems to be the crux of the matter, DC.It would appear that RS was the first name on Hughton''s teamsheet each week; virtually guaranteed a place, presumably because CH felt that Snods'' style  fitted in with his vision of how Norwich should play.If, as we are being led to believe, that NA is going to take a root and branch reform to this, then I suppose it''s by no means certain that RS would necessarily fit in with that all the time. Therefore surely it is better to take the money and buy one or two others who fit into Adams'' way of doing things ?

I fully agree with that Reggie.

I feel it would be very difficult, if not impossible, for Snodgrass to change his style of play.

It will be interesting to see how he fits in at Hull and how they change to accommodate him.

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Oh shut up Wiz.

Snodgrass said himself that the club didn''t offer him a new deal.

He had one year left on his contract. Doesn''t sound like we made much of an effort to keep him.

He has hardly ran down his contract and left on a bosman has he, Snodgrass has done nothing wrong.[/quote]

And ex players are so truthful about their dealings with their former clubs. Santa is looking for recruits for next December.

Just a thought, many of the players congratulating him appear to also be clients of the same agency that manage snodgrass...

So perhaps not so much ''deserved success'' as told to congratulate him and tag the agency in the post for some positive PR?

I wouldn''t take it negatively that players want a way, and that other players think that Hull is such a big ''deservedly'' move.

It''s the fact that a club wanted him enough to warrant spending £7/8 million - That''s why they''re saying he''s deserving of it. And i believe that he gets results in the prem and is deserving of such a fee in todays inflated prices.

So, can''t see the problem the OP has here. The footballing world is very much covered in stats and the most shiny ones have a pound sign sat in front.

Whatever we think about Snodgrass - this thank you message he''s just put on Twitter for Norwich is a nice touch. Don''t recall any player doing that before:

https://twitter.com/robsnodgrass7/status/483956024861540354

Yep, fair play really, to the monares, he can''t win either way but I don''t think there''s any hard feelings on him for making this move. Hull have taken a big gamble but i''m sure if they finish 17th and Snoddy does alright they''ll think it was worth it.

Fair play to him, nice touch.[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zps4ac943b2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zps4ac943b2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

What a silly OP. Do you really think the players are going to say ''WTF Snoddy, why have you moved from Norwich to such a sh*t club''? Of course not, they''re just saying goodbye and wishing him all the best for the future.