Sign in to follow this  
Reggie Strayshun

Expectations

I''m glad to say that our new striker does not share the defeatist attitude of some on here who say we should not have any expectations for this coming season, or that ''expect'' is a dirty word.Lewis Grabban wrote;"Perhaps at Bournemouth we had just come out of League One and the

expectation wasn’t there; that is certainly not the case here but I

think if you strive to be a good footballer you have to handle that side

of it. If not, then there is something wrong with you in my book.”

Good on the guy.It seems that NA is intent on making the squad up with people who really believe Norwich can do something in the next 10 months.

Belief and expectation are two different things. I would hope every player/board member/fan believes we can win the championship. Expecting it though is something different. Depends what you mean by expectations, I suppose..........

Funny how people, especially on here, have certain expectations!! I remember reading many last pre season feeling very positive thinking we would finish in the top 10, now with more or less the same squad at present with a couple of additions, in a lower league, with a manager who clearly gives players more feeedom and players a high tempo positive brand of football, expectations are a lot lower and the club lacks ambition!!

As things stand this could very well be our first team squad come August 10thGK: RuddyRB: WhitakkerCB: MartinCB: TurnerLB: OlssonRM: RedmondCM: TetteyCM: FerLM: PilkingtonCF:GrabbanCF: HooperSubs:BunnGarridoR.BennettJohnsonE.BennettV. WolfswinkelLaffertyThat''s not including the likes of young guns Murphy, Loza or proven championship performers like Becchio or Hoolahan.That''s one hell of a squad for the Championship. Who wouldn''t be confident?

Exactly!! Even if we lose olsson as many people believe we will, Garrido is a decent player!! Even from your list we still have players like surman, bassong and hoolahan as you say!! I don''t think all of those will be here come September but I also believe the squad needs a bit of freshness with a couple of new additions, even if only for morale and to bring that positivity after relegation, but as you say the basis of not only a good team but good squad is there!! Cardiff are one of the only other clubs in terms of depth who could compete with us!!

[quote user="The Saturday Boy"]As things stand this could very well be our first team squad come August 10thGK: RuddyRB: WhitakkerCB: MartinCB: TurnerLB: OlssonRM: RedmondCM: TetteyCM: FerLM: PilkingtonCF:GrabbanCF: HooperSubs:BunnGarridoR.BennettJohnsonE.BennettV. WolfswinkelLaffertyThat''s not including the likes of young guns Murphy, Loza or proven championship performers like Becchio or Hoolahan.That''s one hell of a squad for the Championship. Who wouldn''t be confident?[/quote]Bloody hell I left Howson out. Our squad really is strong

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Turner Olsson

Tettey Howson Johnson

Redmond Hooper Grabban

Bunn

R.Bennett

Pilkington

E.Bennett

Hoolahan

Loza

Lafferty

And thats with taking Bassong, Fer & RVW out which i still think will happen.

Where does that leave Garrido, Surman, Becchio ?