Sign in to follow this  
#

Troy Deeney!

One of the most promising and consistent strikers at that level. And after all, Wiz, that is now our level.

Hopefully just for the one season.

I''d rather Jordan Rhodes though.

I''d love him at Norwich. I think he''s a shoe in to get 20+ goals at this level. It''d no doubt spell the end for one of RvW or Hooper though. We surely won''t go into the season with 6 strikers and Loza and Morris as well! There would be some unhappy benchwarmers if that were the case.

Jimmy I''d much rather Deeney than Hooper.

I''d also much rather Rhodes than Hooper.

Goes without saying that I''d prefer either of them over RVW.

Would be a superb signing if we can get him, powerful and quick with an eye for goal. If we do land him, it must mean that one or two are heading out. I would rather we started looking at other areas of the squad.

[quote user="St Georgey"]One of the most promising and consistent strikers at that level. And after all, Wiz, that is now our level. Hopefully just for the one season. I''d rather Jordan Rhodes though.[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

He was my top choice of all strikers we could realistically sign going into the summer. I''d be very happy if we got him.

I''m somewhat worried that all this focus on strikers is missing the point. Barring departures we''ve got enough firepower now, we need to be spending whats left of our budget on at least one player who can actually play incisive through balls with regularity. We''ll get nowhere if we rely on the stodgy midfield trio of Hughton favourites.

I would guess it means RVW and Hooper are on their way out if this is true.Like has already been said. Who is going to supply these strikers with the ball to score all these goals? We failed miserably on that last year and so far don''t seem to be linked with anyone who will change that.

[quote user="A Gay Schoolboy"]I''m somewhat worried that all this focus on strikers is missing the point. Barring departures we''ve got enough firepower now, we need to be spending whats left of our budget on at least one player who can actually play incisive through balls with regularity.

We''ll get nowhere if we rely on the stodgy midfield trio of Hughton favourites.
[/quote]

If we have Fer, Howson, Surman and Tettey (plus Johnson and maybe Hoolahan) how many better midfields are there going to be in the league?

How many players are out there that can "play incisive through balls with regularity"? And how many of them would come to Norwich?

Just a change of approach would make a difference, I think. Hughton''s fear of being caught out at the back and insistence on sticking to a rigid shape played a big part in stifling our attacking play - more so than the actual personnel involved.

It looks like we''ll be going back to 2 up front and more direct wingers. I think a solid 2 of Tettey and Fer should be our first choice with Howson the main challenger or in there if we go with the 3 man midfield.

I imagine Norwich are looking at a couple of strikers for the senario that Hooper is sold, would be silly of them not to identify targets in advance.

With RVW its more a matter of ''when'' he goes rather than ''if'' - on the slim chance he''s still at Norwich come September it won''t be for the want to trying to get him out. Same probably applies to Becchio.

[quote user="GJP"]If we have Fer, Howson, Surman and Tettey (plus Johnson and maybe Hoolahan) how many better midfields are there going to be in the league?[/quote]Fer won''t be playing Norwich come the start of the season and it remains to be seen if Surman and Hoolahan are going to be reintegrated into the squad, if they are great, we''re sorted, I am unconvinced that they will be. The other 3 are terminally incapable of passing forwards to a yellow shirt.

[quote]How many players are out there that can "play incisive through balls with regularity"? And how many of them would come to Norwich?[/quote]

There are loads, dotted around the myriad of countries in the world that aren''t obsessed with big lads who get stuck in and run around a lot. The ones that would come to Norwich are the ones currently paid less than we can offer. If you want a name I think we should be going all out to get Lansbury back.

[quote]Just a change of approach would make a difference, I think. Hughton''s fear of being caught out at the back and insistence on sticking to a rigid shape played a big part in stifling our attacking play - more so than the actual personnel involved.[/quote]

Agreed, but no amount of tactical change is going to turn Johnson and Tettey into playmakers.

"4, Do we want anyone at the club called Troy?"

The only other famous Troy I can think of is Troy McClure.

I think the Deeney rumour is going back to a bid made before Lafferty was brought in, but maybe not.

It''s possible that Adams is looking to use a 4-4-2, but it''s also possible that he''s thinking of a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1, given that Grabban and Lafferty can play out wide as well. Even Deeney was played out wide much of the time by MacKay.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

"4, Do we want anyone at the club called Troy?"

The only other famous Troy I can think of is Troy McClure.

[/quote]

Troy Tempest!    ....anything can happen in the next half hour

[quote user="First Wazzock"]4, Do we want anyone at the club called Troy?

More to the point...

Do we want anyone on here who thinks he''s a bl00dy Wizard?!?!?[/quote]Lol! Fortunately, the club has said they have never heard of anyone called "Wiz" and they added "anyone seen trying to enter Carrow Rd wearing a long robe, pointy hat and waving a stick, would be arrested and taken away for psychiatric evaluation". [;)]

[quote user="A Gay Schoolboy"]

There are loads, dotted around the myriad of countries in the world that aren''t obsessed with big lads who get stuck in and run around a lot. The ones that would come to Norwich are the ones currently paid less than we can offer. If you want a name I think we should be going all out to get Lansbury back.

[/quote]

Ok, there are "loads". But you''ve only named Lansbury. He played one great ball for us when he first arrived but more often than not he gave the ball away cheaply and couldn''t actually cement himself as a first choice in the team.

I''m not saying I don''t rate Lansbury because I do think he''s a decent sort of player and I''d have him in the squad here. But I wouldn''t say he''s a better player than Surman, Howson or Fer - and hopefully we''ll have Fer here next season, though it might seem unlikely.

Hooper, Grabban, Lafferty and Deeney, now that would be a frighting strikeforce. With Becchio and Wolf always likely to move on it certainly doesn''t feel too farfetched to me.Still early in the summer so I''m not worried about lack of other positions coming in.

Who went to Watford last year in League Cup,

Troy Deeney came on as sub and he was a lazy lump who would chase nothing. A mid-table championship player which is what the club is after.

[quote user="simmo_2"]Who went to Watford last year in League Cup,

Troy Deeney came on as sub and he was a lazy lump who would chase nothing. A mid-table championship player which is what the club is after.[/quote]He is certainly no Gary Hooper , the number of strikers we are being linked with is getting to ridiculous proportions now and makes you question whether the lunatics really are running the asylum .