Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

When did we last have a World Cup goalscorer?

[quote user="City1st"]ur Martin Peters ur

[/quote]Genuine question, as I''m not old enough to know, but did he score while he was a Norwich City player?

[quote user="City1st"]not in the world cup or for England when at City

[/quote]So the question kinda remains then.Is it possible that Leroy Fer is the first actual Norwich City player to score in a World cup?

oh dear Martin Peters was a World Cup goalscorerwe ''had him'' in the sense that he played for usnot too difficult

[quote user="City1st"]oh dear Martin Peters was a World Cup goalscorerwe ''had him'' in the sense that he played for usnot too difficult

[/quote]Try, for once in your life, not to be a d1ck.The OP was trying to make the point about a player, who actually plays for us at the time, scoring in a world cup. Them being a Norwich City player when they actually played and scored in a World cup.But don''t let that get in the way of you trying to be a smart ar$e, as usual.

as you already knew about Martin Peters why bother being silly in the first placeas there is little chance of you not taking yourself so seriously I shall hand you over to LDC (when he next clocks on again)you can rant and rave all you wish to himso nighty night, little angry man

So, just to recap, you tried to be a bit of a smart arse, realised you are actually wrong, and are desperately trying to detract from the subject.I''m not ranting fella, but just admit you got the wrong end of the stick, tried to be condescending, and ended up looking a bit silly.Lol, like that would happen.

Maybe this will help you :-[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/howtonotbeadick_zps943c4484.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/howtonotbeadick_zps943c4484.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

going on city 1sts ''logic'',the last one we had was matias jonsson,although i believe crouch has scored after he had playedfor us. otherwise in answer to the question, i''m pretty sure fer is the first. the only other possible is safri, though while i remember him scoring for morocco in a wc qualifier, i don''t think he ever did at a wc

I dont think that a player has scored in the WC whilst being a Norwich City player, and I dont think the great Martin Peters played for England whilst with us, let alone score.

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]He is the first Norwich city player to score at a World Cup finals while actually contracted to us at the time[/quote]SHHH  you may upset City1st

Bound to increase his transfer value if we end up having to sell him so all good for the club. Dont think this has made him less under the radar, think if he wants to go, there will be clubs that bid. Van Gaal clearly has some faith in him, so he might be interested in taking him to Utd as a squad player

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Bound to increase his transfer value if we end up having to sell him  [/quote]

Will 1 header make that much difference to his value?

[quote user="morty"]So, just to recap, you tried to be a bit of a smart arse, realised you are actually wrong, and are desperately trying to detract from the subject.I''m not ranting fella, but just admit you got the wrong end of the stick, tried to be condescending, and ended up looking a bit silly.Lol, like that would happen.[/quote]oh deartry reading the titleif I was trying to be a smart ar se as you claim then I would have been aware that I was ''actually wrong'' .......... so would not have later realised anythingnow why not lighten up for once and stop over exciting yourself

shame you didn''t take that attitude last night

now, it''s a sunny day so why not get outside and have some fun

it''s not all so important as you imagine it is

[quote user="City1st"]shame you didn''t take that attitude last night

now, it''s a sunny day so why not get outside and have some fun

it''s not all so important as you imagine it is

[/quote]It might be sunny there in Ipswich, but its currently raining in Norwich.

[quote user="star_manic"]A headed goal in the WC fins will be noticed a lot more than one at Rotheram on a wet Wednesday night.[/quote]

Doesn''t really answer my question.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Bound to increase his transfer value if we end up having to sell him  [/quote]

Will 1 header make that much difference to his value?

[/quote]

Probably not,  but if it makes another club or two interested  in signing him it could push up the price.

[quote user="City1st"]try reading the title[/quote]

There''s reading, and there''s reading and understanding.   It involves a modicum of desire to understand what is being said, rather than just reading it. You should try it sometime.

A few more og and he would''ve been in the running for the golden boot.

As a loan player I think he''d count more for the club we got him from especially since there doesn''t seem to be much action towards extending the loan.

With De Jong out of the tournament with a torn ligament I guess there is a chance that Fer could make another goal scoring appearance at the weekend.

Assuming Fers own injury has resolved