Sign in to follow this  
morty

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes.

Surely people accept that there will be changes to the playing squad this season?There has to be fresh blood injected into the team, to try and solve our problems of last season, and also to make Neil''s change of philosophy happen.Yes, there is some logic in saying that we have to keep the bulk of  the team together, but that is the team that got us relegated last season, and came in for a lot of criticism from some people here.Maybe rather than whine and moan because we have got rid of one player, just wait and see how it pans out perhaps?

[quote user="morty"]Surely people accept that there will be changes to the playing squad this season?

There has to be fresh blood injected into the team, to try and solve our problems of last season, and also to make Neil''s change of philosophy happen.

Yes, there is some logic in saying that we have to keep the bulk of  the team together, but that is the team that got us relegated last season, and came in for a lot of criticism from some people here.

Maybe rather than whine and moan because we have got rid of one player, just wait and see how it pans out perhaps?
[/quote]

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]Over 21,100 posts....that is amazing my friend.[/quote]I know, I thought it would have been more after 11 years though.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Blurboy1980"]Over 21,100 posts....that is amazing my friend.[/quote]

I know, I thought it would have been more after 11 years though.
[/quote]

And you call me attention seeker .......oh the irony.[:D]

Spot on. People also moan about the ambition of the signings we''ve made, we''re a championship side now and have to cut our cloth accordingly to budget/revenue etc. fully expect a few more to leave, most likely players people wanted to see and players been listed by people on this forum. Even after the inevitable changes, I think we will still be competitive in this league and I presume most managers in the champ would love to have our squad!!

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Blurboy1980"]Over 21,100 posts....that is amazing my friend.[/quote]I know, I thought it would have been more after 11 years though.[/quote]

[/quote]Eh?Yes, you are a massive attention seeker, whats your point?The guy is obviously trying to make some sort of point about my post count, so I replied with sarcasm. Your count would have been higher had you not flounced off like a massive fanny, so many times.And well done for trying to make another thread all about you[Y]

[quote user="morty"]
Maybe rather than whine and moan because we have got rid of one player, just wait and see how it pans out perhaps?
[/quote]

We sold our ''Starman'' but we''ll get more "Heroes".

To be honest I am amazed how many of the squad are still here, especially after Neil made it quite clear who his chosen players were last season.

Only Snodgrass gone I expected at least half a dozen to a dozen gone by now . I can not quite decide if it is lack of interest or really they are happy to be here, amazed that Ruddy still here but also Fer, Tetty, Pilks , Hools , Bassong , Redmond, RVW, Becchio to name a few!

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="morty"]Maybe rather than whine and moan because we have got rid of one player, just wait and see how it pans out perhaps?[/quote]

[/quote][:D]

[quote user="morty"]Surely people accept that there will be changes to the playing squad this season?

There has to be fresh blood injected into the team, to try and solve our problems of last season, and also to make Neil''s change of philosophy happen.

Yes, there is some logic in saying that we have to keep the bulk of  the team together, but that is the team that got us relegated last season, and came in for a lot of criticism from some people here.

[/quote]

Huzzah !

[quote user="CJ"]To be honest I am amazed how many of the squad are still here, especially after Neil made it quite clear who his chosen players were last season.

Only Snodgrass gone I expected at least half a dozen to a dozen gone by now . I can not quite decide if it is lack of interest or really they are happy to be here, amazed that Ruddy still here but also Fer, Tetty, Pilks , Hools , Bassong , Redmond, RVW, Becchio to name a few![/quote]I think a few more will leave, but no more than a few.Thankfully we seem to have got the contracts about right, and I assume that the reduced wages mean that the bulk of the squad is financially sustainable in the Championship.To be honest, I would blame Ruddy if he left, and it would clear the way for Declan Rudd.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="CJ"]To be honest I am amazed how many of the squad are still here, especially after Neil made it quite clear who his chosen players were last season.

Only Snodgrass gone I expected at least half a dozen to a dozen gone by now . I can not quite decide if it is lack of interest or really they are happy to be here, amazed that Ruddy still here but also Fer, Tetty, Pilks , Hools , Bassong , Redmond, RVW, Becchio to name a few![/quote]I think a few more will leave, but no more than a few.Thankfully we seem to have got the contracts about right, and I assume that the reduced wages mean that the bulk of the squad is financially sustainable in the Championship.To be honest, I would blame Ruddy if he left, and it would clear the way for Declan Rudd.

[/quote]*Wouldn''t[:$]

£8m is a great price for a player of Snodgrass'' ability. Hull will never sell him for more than that price. So I''m ok with that.

Grabban was a good buy, Lafferty - we shall see.

I''m looking forward to the season. I must admit, I think it''s a tough ask to get promoted and I have my doubts as to whether we will do it, but I''m excited to see what happens.

Yes Morty, but I feel unable to blme Hughtonism and the players at the same time.

I have chosen to put all my eggs in one basket, unrealistically, in this respect and therefore blame Hughton''s stifling methods for all the ills last season.

I list the following failed strikers, all disposed of or suddenly performing like a box of damp Swan Vestas under CH, as a back up example of my stance: Vaughan, Martin, Holt, Kamara, Becchio, RVW, Hooper and even ''no-goals'' Elmander.

Carrow Road ...  the antithesis of attacking football and the graveyard of strikers.

Chris Hughton ... no room for strikers in the modern game.

For this reason, I want us to keep hold of EVERYBODY. You never know we might have been sitting on a goldmine of attacking intent.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Snodgrass whilst being our best player was also sometimes one of the worst and setting up the team around him was one of Hughtons biggest mistakes.

i have high hopes for both Grabban and Lafferty the first being a proven goalscorer at this level and the second to ruffle and upset a few opposing feathers Holty style.

It''s funny.At the end of the season I said I could see a good 6-10 players possibly go.One of the players was Snodgrass.I''m with you on this one Morty. It''s bloody pathetic. We were relegated, premier league teams will always pick up one or two players from relegated clubs because normally there are a good one or two stand out players in those teams. We have done the same in the past - and guess what? People moaned about that too.One thing I am surprised people didn''t pick up on was that Snodgrass has said he wanted to leave and was disappointed at the time, that a couple of other bids earlier in the summer were knocked back. Again - does that not show two things? He was always unlikely to stick around if we were relegated, and that the club drew a line, stood it''s ground and batted off valuations they did not feel acceptable.To me £7-8million at this point in time for him is very good business. Even if he was on a longer contract I somewhat doubt how much more teams would be willing to pay for him despite his good record on paper. And that''s another thing, he has been a great player for us, he did carry niggling injuries last season, where at times it was clear he had been rushed back into the side. That said, he scored a good number of goals for a midfielder in what some on here would describe as a ''struggling'' team. He would have been a great asset for us this season but even if we were mega rich, trying to keep a player at any club who doesn''t want to be there is always tough.There will be some that argue that we could have rejected all offers and made him stay and play. We might have got him playing ok up until Christmas but if he refused to sign contract extensions then I think you would probably lose him in January when he started talking to other clubs and we''d be lucky if we got anything for him.There is no doubt there will be others leave as well. But selling Snodgrass perhaps means we are in an even better position to at the very least, get the best possible deal for our club. Which in turn should allow us to bring in some very decent replacements.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="morty"]Maybe rather than whine and moan because we have got rid of one player, just wait and see how it pans out perhaps?[/quote]

[/quote][:D][/quote]not with that "absolute beginner" in charge we won''t

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote][:D][/quote]not with that "absolute beginner" in charge we won''t [/quote][:D][Y]

[quote user="chicken"]With Snodgrass going it''s left us with a bit of a Space Oddity in our squad.

[/quote]we could try and tempt 80s french international bernard genghini out of retirement [:D]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Blurboy1980"]Over 21,100 posts....that is amazing my friend.[/quote]

I know, I thought it would have been more after 11 years though.
[/quote]

[/quote]

well if you carry on with the same post count after 11 years you will be on 26400 so..

Looking forward to next season immensely.

I think it does a club good to have an excursion to the lower league to play the minnows like Leeds and Ipswich. It''s good for their gate and will do wonders for the development of these salt of the earth type clubs.

I like the look of Grabban and I think Lafferteys record is much better than people are giving him credit for.

A few more ins, a few more outs and we will be flying.

And to answer the OP. Norfolk people are renowned for their acceptance of change. Especially the older ones.

"HulLLlloooOO!! NeYulllLLL!!??? AyyYY Dunntt Looikk Chaange NeyULllllLL!"

Norfolk must be the NIMBY capital of Britain.

Most pointless post of the day.......and there was some hot competition.

Still, good to see Hughton''s disciples finding their voice and making a big effort to put their appalling footballing judgement behind them...........

[quote user="unique"]Most pointless post of the day.......and there was some hot competition.

Still, good to see Hughton''s disciples finding their voice and making a big effort to put their appalling footballing judgement behind them...........[/quote]I think you take the biscuit for most pointless post lol.Sorry, where did I mention Hughton?Not sure if you know, but he doesn''t work here anymore.

[quote user="chicken"]With Snodgrass going it''s left us with a bit of a Space Oddity in our squad.

[/quote]It''ll soon be filled by All The Young Dudes, and before you know it we''ll be on a Fantastic Voyage towards some more Golden Years with our Future Legends.Either that or we''ll Look Back In Anger, or indeed Sorrow, that we picked a Dead Man Walking...