Sign in to follow this  
#

Transfers: now downgraded to............hope!

" but I hope there are more dealings in the transfer market between now and the end" (Adams todays EDP)

Translation: '''' we go with what we''ve got because prudence has returned to the club!"

Contrast this with Adams banging on about being very pro-active regarding transfers a few weeks ago, someone''s had a word with him imo.

Rubbish loans at best then.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

LOL!

[/quote]

I''m glad you find it amusing, sadly, I don''t! [:(]

I''ll see your LOL and raise it to[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/f44314540.gif.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/f44314540.gif[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

LOL!

[/quote]

I''m glad you find it amusing, sadly, I don''t! [:(]

[/quote]

It''s not ''it'' we find amusing it''s ''you''.

[quote user="morty"]I''ll see your LOL and raise it to

[/quote]

Always a follower morty, never a leader.

''Now Norwich have appointed Adams as Manager I''m leaving this forum for good''

translation ''I don''t really have a social life away from this forum and posting on here is the only way I receive any attention in life so I will be back soon''

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]I''ll see your LOL and raise it to[/quote]

Always a follower morty, never a leader.

[/quote]And you''re always a hysterical old woman.[:)]

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

''Now Norwich have appointed Adams as Manager I''m leaving this forum for good''

translation ''I don''t really have a social life away from this forum and posting on here is the only way I receive any attention in life so I will be back soon''

[/quote]

Huzzah lad good work............meanwhile City lag behind in the transfer chase, still, you made a funny remark.[:S]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

[/quote]

Huzzah lad good work............meanwhile City lag behind in the transfer chase, still, you made a funny remark.[:S]

[/quote]Yes it is funny. You are an idiot, a figure of fun.Did you actually leave then, because I honestly must have missed it.

To be honest keeping our best players is far more important now than who we may or may not sign (unless several of those players leave) because they are better than the calibre of players we can hope to attract now as a championship club.

Looking at that squad list yesterday I don;t really think that we need any more new players other than if a few leave. Even then we probably don;t need to replace them all but obviously if 4 or 5 go we would want a couple to come in.

Keeping Ruddy, Fer, Olsson, Redmond and Hooper would make me more optimistic about our prospects next season than any signing we could realistically make.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If we lag behind in the ''transfer chase'' which hasn''t fully started yet there is not a lot I can do about it from behind a keyboard.  I can however continue to spread my comedy via the medium of the pinkun forum so I will concentrate on doing just that.  I appreciate the fact you appreciate my humour.  Did you know you can''t get tablets for a headache in the jungle because the parrots eat em all?!?!?!

Full quote from NA

“We have money to spend and people will assume we have pots and pots.

We haven’t,” he said. “The reality is we were relegated last season and

of course that doesn’t mean you go out and splash silly money about. We

have let Robert go but it doesn’t automatically mean the money we have

received for Robert is available.

“We have to take it into

account moving forward, along with other things like salaries when it

comes to recruiting players, but I hope there are more dealings in the

transfer market between now and the end. It isn’t quite as

straightforward as saying the club has an endless pit but we are

definitely looking to bring in players.”

Translation - Yes we have money for transfers but Im not going to let other clubs think that they can inflate player prices just because we have sold a player for £7 million.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]To be honest keeping our best players is far more important now than who we may or may not sign (unless several of those players leave) because they are better than the calibre of players we can hope to attract now as a championship club.

Looking at that squad list yesterday I don;t really think that we need any more new players other than if a few leave. Even then we probably don;t need to replace them all but obviously if 4 or 5 go we would want a couple to come in.

Keeping Ruddy, Fer, Olsson, Redmond and Hooper would make me more optimistic about our prospects next season than any signing we could realistically make.[/quote]

Spot on Jim, I have been saying for a while now, we have to keep the bulk of the team together what we have already the players brought in are just about all we need right now, All said and done they are Premier league and should be able to over come relegation and come back stronger

[quote user="Molly Windley"]
Full quote from NA

“We have money to spend and people will assume we have pots and pots. We haven’t,” he said. “The reality is we were relegated last season and of course that doesn’t mean you go out and splash silly money about. We have let Robert go but it doesn’t automatically mean the money we have received for Robert is available.

“We have to take it into account moving forward, along with other things like salaries when it comes to recruiting players, but I hope there are more dealings in the transfer market between now and the end. It isn’t quite as straightforward as saying the club has an endless pit but we are definitely looking to bring in players.”

Translation - Yes we have money for transfers but Im not going to let other clubs think that they can inflate player prices just because we have sold a player for £7 million.

[/quote]

Does that mean this mornings ceremonial ''returning the cheque book to the safe'' event has been cancelled?

Just for good measure I see that Wiz has bumped another one of his anti Adams/NCFC threads this morning that nobody has posted on for eight days but of course he is not attention seeking. [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Just for good measure I see that Wiz has bumped another one of his anti Adams/NCFC threads this morning that nobody has posted on for eight days but of course he is not attention seeking. [;)][/quote]

You know me Til.

Relevant:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28124738

Like Eddie Howe at Bournemouth, NA is simply trying to downplay expectations regarding public income from a player sale to avoid prices being inflated for players we want.

[quote user="Dion DublinLegend"]Relevant:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28124738

Like Eddie Howe at Bournemouth, NA is simply trying to downplay expectations regarding public income from a player sale to avoid prices being inflated for players we want.[/quote]Its something we have always done, to be honest.It would be pretty stupid to publicly admit how much money you have to spend.

The hope comes from acceptance that we are no longer a Premiership team, and our means are relatively limited. Good players will not find us as attractive as they did, and other clubs will be able to out-bid us.

Clearly he has other potential signings in mind, and once the World Cup is over, there will be a few weeks of scrimmage as teams try to improve their squads. It will be difficult for the club, but Adams is hopeful. At this stage, when all clubs are looking, no manager can be more than hopeful.

So what have we done with the Premier League money then?

[quote user="Wiz"]So what have we done with the Premier League money then?[/quote]Paid off all our debts?Ooh or maybe someone has nicked it, eh Wiz? [;)]

[quote user="Wiz"]So what have we done with the Premier League money then?[/quote]

That was all spent of the luxury refit of the Board Room and executive hospitality areas, gold leaf and Egyptian cotton doesn''t come cheap.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Wiz"]So what have we done with the Premier League money then?[/quote]

That was all spent of the luxury refit of the Board Room and executive hospitality areas, gold leaf and Egyptian cotton doesn''t come cheap.

[/quote]

Just as I suspected then.    [;)]

Mr Wizard, at least the Puppet Man made local news with his great departure only to return weeks later.

Are you both related by any chance?

Sort of, the puppet man pushes his stuff around on wheels where Wiz is a puppet being pushed around on wheels.

I have a plan.

When you feel like you need some attention Wiz, how about you just post a thread with your little angry face icon but no words. We can then come along and give you a cursory pat on the head. That way you get the attention you so dearly crave and we don''t have to read your bile.

Oh gawd.Wiz is dithering again.There are blue-tits, yellow-tits and then there are troll-tits.Hope = "working on" in transfer speak.We will = deal is already done - in transfer speak.As Adams says, he is working on bringing in targets and hopes to get some of them.Really boring news day confounded by anti-Adams, anti-Hughton, anti-Lambert, anti-Delia, anti-board, anti-club, anti-fans Norwich City supporting troll lord.