Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Fever Returns

Mixed messages ?

Firstly, not my first post & not a binner, but just an old chap who has not posted for a while & forgot his log in details so I''ll admit this is a "second identity".

Feel free to hurl abuse though, wouldn''t be right otherwise !!

Anyway, may be going a bit senile, but when Neil got the job did he not say that he had spoken to all the players at the end of the season & to a man they said they wanted to stay & fight ?

Now, he says that he had spoken to the players at the end of the season & "the players have let me know whether they want to be here or not & that will remain confidential"

Not naive enough to think everyone is happy to play in the Championship, but why give us the bull in the first place saying everyone is happy to stay ?

For the record, this is not a Neil bashing session, I am fully behind him & looking forward to the new season.

OTBC

[quote user="Just Dan"]I think, if memory serves me right, he actually said "almost to a man".[/quote]

Ah, I think you may well be right.

Thanks for confirming I am going senile :-)

Apologies Mr Adams

[quote user="foxruels"]Yeh - it was "virtually to a man" here''s the quote http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11709/9358964/transfer-news-norwich-city-boss-neil-adams-remains-realistic-over-potential-losses[/quote]

Thanks foxy, did a search but couldn''t find the article.

Not only am I senile, I''m computer illiterate too. Oh dear

Apologies again Neil

Surely since May many players will have had their heads turned, will have evaluated their own position and changed their mind???

Also, do we really think a Manager is going to go, ''Well, Pilks wants out, Hooper was ok but now wants to go, Bassong did but now wants to give it a go for 6 months?''

Although its good to have some inside info on the club, we will never really know and have to expect to be fed certain media savvy lines form the management, think we all have a clear picture on who wants in, and who doesn''t, lets leave them to solve it and get behind the 11 that cross the line at Molineux on August 11th.

Well now, that is interesting. I say that because I doubt it includes Fox or Nash. And we have lost one player since who essentially said he wanted to go back to the premier league."Virtually to a man" suggests more than one. Two or three maybe.Snodgrass, Hooper and Bassong?I can''t see how Bassong will stay, I know people are saying that the squad numbers don''t mean anything but to leave a defensive number higher up the order open whilst putting your previous Captain and almost certain starter at squad number 30 does sort of throw up questions.

Just went and read the front page article. http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/no_outcasts_in_neil_adams_norwich_city_squad_1_3667013Neil Adams says: “I did that with all of them at the end of last season when I didn’t

know if I was going to get the permanent position or not,” he said. “I

felt even then you had to have a contingency plan. The players have let

me know whether they want to be here or not and that will remain

confidential but in terms of a clean slate everyone has an opportunity

to impress"So it may have changed since he asked them as they did not know whether he would be the manager or not.

If they don''t want to be here, hang the buggers out to dry, or drive them to some poor war torn nation so they appreciate the job they ''don''t want'' to do anymore.

Bunch of p**s-quicks