Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Baby Boomers

[quote user="Ice Cold Pineapple Soda"]Today''s poor are wealthy by comparison to previous generations as the definition of "necessities" gets watered down to the point that welfare provides a level of comfort that would seem almost luxurious to generations past. Despite that, people still moan and groan about the supposed plight of the supposed poor. The fact that obesity is now caused by poverty means true poverty is virtually nonexistent. Our society is the wealthiest, most comfortable, most convenience-served, and safest ever. So we create things to fuss about, like global warming and saving polar bears and whales.[/quote]

People haven''t created these things just so they have something to moan about. Global warming, animals on the verge of extinction, deforestation, pollution etc. These things are actually happening.

Certainly the luckiest.50''s childhood, lucky, lucky, lucky.60''s teenage years.  Sex drugs and rock n roll (I never inhaled [:)][;)]) Lucky.70''s / 80''s mortgage rates were high but I was never unemployed so a good time for starting a family and buying a home. Lucky.90''s The kids off our hands, some great holidays. lucky00''s not so good due to redundancy, health probs, early retirement, reduced pension etc, but still far far better than having to go to work. Lucky.Never had to fight in a War like my parents and grand parents generations. In fact the most action I ever saw was at the Grosvenor or Gala on a Saturday night. Lucky.On top of all that I witnessed the 1959 Cup Run, Englands 1966 World Cup win and saw Stanley Matthews play. Also lived through 8 promotions and 7 relegations.Lucky, Lucky, Lucky.But Luckiest of all, I married Mrs Ricardo 50 years ago[:D]Lucky, Lucky, Lucky, Lucky, Lucky, Lucky Lucky.

[quote user="ricardo"]Certainly the luckiest.50''s childhood, lucky, lucky, lucky.60''s teenage years.  Sex drugs and rock n roll (I never inhaled [:)][;)]) Lucky.70''s / 80''s mortgage rates were high but I was never unemployed so a good time for starting a family and buying a home. Lucky.90''s The kids off our hands, some great holidays. lucky00''s not so good due to redundancy, health probs, early retirement, reduced pension etc, but still far far better than having to go to work. Lucky.Never had to fight in a War like my parents and grand parents generations. In fact the most action I ever saw was at the Grosvenor or Gala on a Saturday night. Lucky.On top of all that I witnessed the 1959 Cup Run, Englands 1966 World Cup win and saw Stanley Matthews play. Also lived through 8 promotions and 7 relegations.Lucky, Lucky, Lucky.But Luckiest of all, I married Mrs Ricardo 50 years ago[:D]Lucky, Lucky, Lucky, Lucky, Lucky, Lucky Lucky.[/quote][:D]