Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Baby Boomers

Slow as hell on here today so I''m just guna leave this here and are what happens. Question:

"Are the ''baby boomers'' the worst generation ever?"

The definition for baby boomers I am finding is "Born in the post war years, and up to 1964"Or is there another one you are talking about?

[quote user="Buh"]Slow as hell on here today so I''m just guna leave this here and are what happens. Question:

"Are the ''baby boomers'' the worst generation ever?"[/quote]

People born around the mid to late sixties seem to have had a rough deal.   Spending their formative years listening to 70''s cr*p music in a country struggling with unions and social deprivation.  Only to grow up into adulthood in a world of Thatcherism and "me" culture.  Born in the seventies you grew up into a prosperous Britain. Born in the fifties, you at least had the sixties to enjoy.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Buh"]Slow as hell on here today so I''m just guna leave this here and are what happens. Question: "Are the ''baby boomers'' the worst generation ever?"[/quote]

People born around the mid to late sixties seem to have had a rough deal.   Spending their formative years listening to 70''s cr*p music in a country struggling with unions and social deprivation.  Only to grow up into adulthood in a world of Thatcherism and "me" culture.  Born in the seventies you grew up into a prosperous Britain. Born in the fifties, you at least had the sixties to enjoy.

[/quote]

Late forties as well.

Oh Boy didn''t we just![:D][<:o)]

Whoah! Lakey, got to pick you upon what you thought was 70''s cr@p music?

We started off with leftover 60''s protest songs, followed by hard rock, progressive rock, heavy metal, glam rock, punk rock,new wave, disco, electronica and the emergence of hip-hop.

What''s not to like? Best decade for music IMHO.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]Whoah! Lakey, got to pick you upon what you thought was 70''s cr@p music?

We started off with leftover 60''s protest songs, followed by hard rock, progressive rock, heavy metal, glam rock, punk rock,new wave, disco, electronica and the emergence of hip-hop.

What''s not to like? Best decade for music IMHO.[/quote]

My adolescence was half in the sixties, half in the seventies.  Loved sixties music, then it all seemed to go to pot  (literally) with sixties innocence being dragged down into head banging or sad left-overs/has beens from the sixties and failed attempts at originality. 

You mentioned  "hard rock, progressive rock, heavy metal, glam rock, punk rock,new wave, disco, electronica and the emergence of hip-hop".

I rest my case. [:S]

No Lakey, there is no case rested, this is another occasion where someone else has a differing opinion to you, which doesn''t automatically mean they are wrong.

[quote user="morty"]No Lakey, there is no case rested, this is another occasion where someone else has a differing opinion to you, which doesn''t automatically mean they are wrong.[/quote]

Lighten up, you **** ***.  

Wings of a Sparrow wrote the following post at 03/07/2014 11:51 AM:

Whoah! Lakey, got to pick you upon what you thought was 70''s cr@p music?

What''s not to like?

----------------------------------------------------------------

sorry wings, but prog rock, and most of disco after a while...thank god punk came along when it did. I wish I could enjoy those types of bands (e.g. yes) because its better to like basically all/most types of music like yourself because then you don''t become too picky and just enjoy the whole music experience/express, but I think a lot of people, especially young kids started to loathe prog rock and disco, especially once punk came along.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]No Lakey, there is no case rested, this is another occasion where someone else has a differing opinion to you, which doesn''t automatically mean they are wrong.[/quote]

[/quote]Oh dear, you''re a bit sweary today, are you feeling okay?

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Buh"]Slow as hell on here today so I''m just guna leave this here and are what happens. Question: "Are the ''baby boomers'' the worst generation ever?"[/quote]

[/quote]

Late forties as well.

Oh Boy didn''t we just![:D][<:o)]

[/quote]TB, that makes you living disproof of the mantra about the sixties, that if you can remember them then you weren''t really there!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]No Lakey, there is no case rested, this is another occasion where someone else has a differing opinion to you, which doesn''t automatically mean they are wrong.[/quote]Lighten up, you **** ***.   [/quote]Oh dear, you''re a bit sweary today, are you feeling okay?[/quote]

Just repsonding to your spoiling of yet another thread, in this case a light hearted thread, with your usual cynacism.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]No Lakey, there is no case rested, this is another occasion where someone else has a differing opinion to you, which doesn''t automatically mean they are wrong.[/quote]Lighten up, you **** ***.   [/quote]Oh dear, you''re a bit sweary today, are you feeling okay?[/quote]

Just repsonding to your spoiling of yet another thread, in this case a light hearted thread, with your usual cynacism.

[/quote]Perhaps when you learn to discuss things with people, rather than lecturing them, or railroading them towards your opinion, I''ll leave you to play nicely with the other posters[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]No Lakey, there is no case rested, this is another occasion where someone else has a differing opinion to you, which doesn''t automatically mean they are wrong.[/quote]Lighten up, you **** ***.   [/quote]Oh dear, you''re a bit sweary today, are you feeling okay?[/quote]Just repsonding to your spoiling of yet another thread, in this case a light hearted thread, with your usual cynacism.[/quote]Perhaps when you learn to discuss things with people, rather than lecturing them, or railroading them towards your opinion, I''ll leave you to play nicely with the other posters[:)][/quote]

Who''s lecturing now? Irony rocks!lol [Y]

Well I am a baby boomer and when I look over my life to date I actually think it is probably the best generation ever.

Why, because of what we have seen happen during that time...........so much great music right from the 60''s to present day, so many technological and medical advances, we experienced doing most things the hard way and have seen so much happen to improve almost everything etc etc

Oh, and I think that most of us have good manners and respect for the older generation........

[quote user="lake district canary"]Only to grow up into adulthood in a world of Thatcherism and "me" culture........[/quote]You''re a great example of that Lakey, and one who went on to become an expert.......

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]No Lakey, there is no case rested, this is another occasion where someone else has a differing opinion to you, which doesn''t automatically mean they are wrong.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Oh dear, you''re a bit sweary today, are you feeling okay?
[/quote]
[/quote]
Perhaps when you learn to discuss things with people, rather than lecturing them, or railroading them towards your opinion, I''ll leave you to play nicely with the other posters[:)]
[/quote]

Who''s lecturing now?
Irony rocks!
lol [Y]

[/quote]

I wish you two would give it a rest!

If there was a button on my keyboard that said "smack these 2 round the erahole" I would have worn it out by now.

Can we just have the occassional thread without all this PLEASE[:@]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]No Lakey, there is no case rested, this is another occasion where someone else has a differing opinion to you, which doesn''t automatically mean they are wrong.[/quote]Lighten up, you **** ***.   [/quote]Oh dear, you''re a bit sweary today, are you feeling okay?[/quote]Just repsonding to your spoiling of yet another thread, in this case a light hearted thread, with your usual cynacism.[/quote]Perhaps when you learn to discuss things with people, rather than lecturing them, or railroading them towards your opinion, I''ll leave you to play nicely with the other posters[:)][/quote]

[/quote]

If there was a button on my keyboard that said "smack these 2 round the erahole" I would have worn it out by now.

[/quote]You obviously don''t pay much attention as I haven''t posted to Lakey more than a few times in the last 6 months.But rest assured, I have now had my fill for another six months.

Today''s poor are wealthy by comparison to previous generations as the definition of "necessities" gets watered down to the point that welfare provides a level of comfort that would seem almost luxurious to generations past. Despite that, people still moan and groan about the supposed plight of the supposed poor. The fact that obesity is now caused by poverty means true poverty is virtually nonexistent.

Our society is the wealthiest, most comfortable, most convenience-served, and safest ever. So we create things to fuss about, like global warming and saving polar bears and whales.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]No Lakey, there is no case rested, this is another occasion where someone else has a differing opinion to you, which doesn''t automatically mean they are wrong.[/quote]Lighten up, you **** ***.   [/quote]Oh dear, you''re a bit sweary today, are you feeling okay?[/quote]Just repsonding to your spoiling of yet another thread, in this case a light hearted thread, with your usual cynacism.[/quote]Perhaps when you learn to discuss things with people, rather than lecturing them, or railroading them towards your opinion, I''ll leave you to play nicely with the other posters[:)][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]You obviously don''t pay much attention as I haven''t posted to Lakey more than a few times in the last 6 months.But rest assured, I have now had my fill for another six months.[/quote]That is the height of egotism. Of course people have got more sense than to pay attention to who is posting precisely what and who might be in the right, assuming - which is unlikely - that there is a "right". All posters see is another thread derailed by one of these pathetic feuds and stop reading.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]You obviously don''t pay much attention as I haven''t posted to Lakey more than a few times in the last 6 months.But rest assured, I have now had my fill for another six months.[/quote]That is the height of egotism. Of course people have got more sense than to pay attention to who is posting precisely what and who might be in the right, assuming - which is unlikely - that there is a "right". All posters see is another thread derailed by one of these pathetic feuds and stop reading.[/quote]Feel free to ignore it and carry on then. No one is asking you to comment on it. My advice is that if there is something that doesn''t interest you, don''t comment on it.

Ice Cold Pineapple Soda wrote the following post at 03/07/2014 3:28 PM:Today''s poor are wealthy by comparison to previous generations as the definition of "necessities" gets watered down to the point that welfare provides a level of comfort that would seem almost luxurious to generations past. Despite that, people still moan and groan about the supposed plight of the supposed poor. The fact that obesity is now caused by poverty means true poverty is virtually nonexistent.

Our society is the wealthiest, most comfortable, most convenience-served, and safest ever. So we create things to fuss about, like global warming and saving polar bears and whales.

------------------------------------------------------------

wow and people call me offensive....shame on you sir

I apologise for reacting to morty who came in with some board claptrap about me on a light hearted thread, so I reacted by calling him a f*** w**.   He is imo, but I apologise for writing it out loud.  I should have just thought it, like I normally do...

no no-one should be offended by truth, but to say that the poor should stop complaining, as if they''re some sort of nuisance i must admit even i find a bit distasteful.

First off, I said today''s poor in our country are not poor by traditional standards.

When I said "people moan" I meant everyone who think the "poor" are suffering inhumanely if they don''t have cell phones, a car, cable tv and Nike shoes.