Sign in to follow this  
GrantsMoustache

Are we a selling club again then?

Hi Guys,

M original post about squad size was based on the fact I was certain I had read somewhere that the regs pretty much replicated the Prem. However I started to doubt myself based on your replies, so have conducted some research which culminated in speaking with the Football League themselves. There are of course all sorts of regs regarding registration, age of eligible players, etc. but none regarding squad size, the only criteria is that clubs can fulfill their fixtures.

So, effectively a club an have 50 registered players if it so wishes.

Thanks for the feedback guys, although my final point sill remains, who cares if we are selling or buying, as long as we have a squad capable of promotion.

[quote user="Ray"]Hi Guys,

M original post about squad size was based on the fact I was certain I had read somewhere that the regs pretty much replicated the Prem. However I started to doubt myself based on your replies, so have conducted some research which culminated in speaking with the Football League themselves. There are of course all sorts of regs regarding registration, age of eligible players, etc. but none regarding squad size, the only criteria is that clubs can fulfill their fixtures.

Thanks for the feedback guys, although my final point sill remains, who cares if we are selling or buying, as long as we have a squad capable of promotion.[/quote]Nice one Ray[Y]

[quote user="Ray"] who cares if we are selling or buying, as long as we have a squad capable of promotion.[/quote]

Spot on with this;   players come and go,  its what left that matters.

And thanks for taking the time to find out for us :-) 

My pleasure Zipper and if I coould work out how to post one of those icons I''d give you a thumbs up!

[quote user="Ray"]Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback guys, although my final point sill remains, who cares if we are selling or buying, as long as we have a squad capable of promotion.[/quote]Ray, thanks for taking the trouble to find out.

Ray - you are a disgrace to this board.

What were you thinking of going to such effort to ensure what you had posted was correct when the proper process is to post any half formed erroneous idea, stick to it as long as you can and then hope everyone forgets about it.

Hats off to you, sir

Hi BigFish,

Appreciate your sentiments - thank you.

In my world it''s called havng a solid and robust Self Image, which in turn allows you to accept you may have been wrong without the need to blame someone else or perform what I call the justificaion dance!

[quote user="Ray"]Hi BigFish,

Appreciate your sentiments - thank you.

In my world it''s called havng a solid and robust Self Image, which in turn allows you to accept you may have been wrong without the need to blame someone else or perform what I call the justificaion dance![/quote]Theres a few here could do with learning about that[:)]

Morty I could have a go at ''learning'' them but can they afford me???

If you can get your head around ''neutral'' that is to say everything and everyone (and what they say) has no meaning, other than that which you choose to give it, then you find you have far greater control over your life and emotions, because you are the only one who created them.

I can often be heard saying, "I sincerely hope you are happy with your life becusae it is the sum of, and merciless reflection of, all your past thoughts and decisions.

It seems to me that the general argument on this board is that it is ''right to sell so long as the price is right''. There''s seems to be little, if any, concern with the opportunity cost of the £100m for promotion forgone should we fail to gain promotion next May, an outcome which increases in probability each time we sell a top player. I had hoped that a manager, such as Lennon, would have had the credibility with our players to encourage stars, such as Snodgrass and Hooper, to stay at least for this critical first season following relegation. However, the likelihood of promotion was always going to be that much more remote once the managerial decision ended up with an inexperienced appointment.

Would have been great to appoint Lennon, but do we know if he was an option or not? If he was maybe he wasn''t interested in us.Too many what ifs at this point. Adams is our manager so we go from there.As for selling players - not to no end. But we were always going to be very, very, very lucky to hold onto ALL of our players. So it''s important that those that do go, go for as much as we can get for them.All people have said about Snodgrass is not good riddance, but that at least we good good value in return for him. Even he stated in the couple of articles he has had comments published in, that we (Norwich) did not want to sell.In my minds, and perhaps slightly skew-iff , logic approach the more we get for a player the less pressure there is to sell the others - especially if committed to long term contracts.