Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy God

Ruddy Hell

John Ruddy tipped to be on his way to Arsenal according to Sky Sports:''''Arsenal have emerged as surprise contenders for John Ruddy’s signature. The Gunners are now joint-favourites along with Crystal Palace''''Lets hope we can keep him in the spine of the team!

Wouldn''t be the end of the world if we got good money (which we will) and I wouldn''t mind seeing Declan Rudd between the sticks.

Although I would want him to stay, I dont think the club would or should stand in his way if Arsenal or one of the other top 6 clubs came knocking with an acceptable bid. I would wish him well and thank him for his services and loyalty to the club.

CP can jog on, its not in his best interest to move to a team that will be battling relegation.

[quote user="morty"]Wouldn''t be the end of the world if we got good money (which we will) and I wouldn''t mind seeing Declan Rudd between the sticks.[/quote]Couldn''t gree more! Would happily see him leave for a top 6 club as he deserves a chance at that level, I would however hate to see him leave for a team like palace or become a bench warmer at a bigger club!

People have continually been linking Ruddy to Arsenal, in a rather lazy fashion. Arsenal are linked with 5 or 6 keepers every summer, and never buy any of them.

Ruddy is the complete opposite style of keeper Wenger likes to use, he wants a player with better distribution, not worried about having the ball at his feet and whole can player the ''sweeper keeper'' role than Neuer showed the other night for Germany.

Ruddy has some great qualities as a goalie but his weaknesses are the areas Wenger usually prioritises.

Perhaps a tell tale sign was that we named 4 keepers in our first team squad??

He''s as loyal as they come and he''s given us plenty of years through some amazing moments and not caused us any problems, one of my favourite players.

However, i still don''t rate him as one our best keepers ever (In terms of skill), as an icon of course i do - But technically i think Rudd could do just as well, if not better. He no doubt wasn''t helped last season with the stupid mistakes. And like Green, he always seemed to get a finger to the ball, or really close to it, but it still hits the back of the net.

Love him to bits, but if an offer came in i would let him move on and re-energise his form, he could be England Number 1 if he wasn''t with us.

Ferk it!

I love John...........in a manly way of course.

Its a slow news day. There is nothing new here.   The Crystal Palace link is tenuous at best, eminating from some journo speculation in the East Grinstead Times......

As for Arsenal, its a non starter as Bethnal said.

Can''t understand people would be ok about him going - he is the backbone of the team and kept plenty of clean sheets last season.  Settled by all accounts in the area and seemingly committed to Norwich.  So why would anyone be ok about him going?    The longevity of goalkeepers at Norwich is part of our heritage.  The kind of keeper we should keep.

[quote user="Jeremy God"][quote user="morty"]Wouldn''t be the end of the world if we got good money (which we will) and I wouldn''t mind seeing Declan Rudd between the sticks.[/quote]Couldn''t gree more! Would happily see him leave for a top 6 club as he deserves a chance at that level, I would however hate to see him leave for a team like palace or become a bench warmer at a bigger club! [/quote]Yeah, him going to Palace would irk a bit, he''s better than that.

I''d see Palace as a decent move for him. I mean from our point of view it''s not like he''d be taking a big step up in terms of  the stature of the club but he''d be back in the Premier League and playing for a manager who has shown he can keep teams in the Prem and keep them competitive. He''d also likely be first choice.

[quote user="Ray"]Perhaps a tell tale sign was that we named 4 keepers in our first team squad??[/quote]

Just means there is scope to send one out on loan, so we would still have three goalkeepers and have one available to call on should one get injured.  Ruddy may be in demand - he''s a great keeper, but Bunn may be be more likely to move on.....

[quote user="Jeremy God"]John Ruddy tipped to be on his way to Arsenal according to Sky Sports:

''''Arsenal have emerged as surprise contenders for John Ruddy’s signature. The Gunners are now joint-favourites along with Crystal Palace''''

Lets hope we can keep him in the spine of the team!
[/quote]   

Not according to the Sky Sports I have! [:|]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Jeremy God"]John Ruddy tipped to be on his way to Arsenal according to Sky Sports:''''Arsenal have emerged as surprise contenders for John Ruddy’s signature. The Gunners are now joint-favourites along with Crystal Palace''''Lets hope we can keep him in the spine of the team![/quote]   

[/quote]Sky Sports transfer feed....9:30 a.m in the blue box!

[quote user="Jeremy God"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Jeremy God"]John Ruddy tipped to be on his way to Arsenal according to Sky Sports:

''''Arsenal have emerged as surprise contenders for John Ruddy’s signature. The Gunners are now joint-favourites along with Crystal Palace''''

[/quote]   

[/quote]

Sky Sports transfer feed....9:30 a.m in the blue box!
[/quote]

Ah, sky sources...............so its made up by someone.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Jeremy God"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]   

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not only that, it is a link to go to the Sky Bet website and place a bet on it.

Why would you trust a tip from a bookmaker? Isn''t in their interest you bet on the clubs he won''t be moving too?

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Jeremy God"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Jeremy God"]John Ruddy tipped to be on his way to Arsenal according to Sky Sports:''''Arsenal have emerged as surprise contenders for John Ruddy’s signature. The Gunners are now joint-favourites along with Crystal Palace''''Lets hope we can keep him in the spine of the team![/quote]   

[/quote]Sky Sports transfer feed....9:30 a.m in the blue box![/quote]

[/quote]I don''t suppose you can see the irony in you saying that?

[quote user="lake district canary"]Can''t understand people would be ok about him going - he is the backbone of the team and kept plenty of clean sheets last season.  Settled by all accounts in the area and seemingly committed to Norwich.  So why would anyone be ok about him going?    The longevity of goalkeepers at Norwich is part of our heritage.  The kind of keeper we should keep.[/quote]Agree with this. In addition, goalkeepers have been picked in England squads while playing in the second tier on more than one occasion. If his form is good enough and he''s part of a successful team keeping clean sheets, there''s no reason why he won''t still be in contention. Irrespective of what club he''s at, Hodgson still has an inexplicable boner for Foster anyway...

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Jeremy God"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]   

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t suppose you can see the irony in you saying that?
[/quote]

Yes , but that doesn''t invalidate what I said.

Sky have themselves a nice little thing going with Sky Bet. They put up a rumour on their transfer site, people rush to bet on it (clicking on the conveniently placed Sky Bet link) which has the effect of slashing their odds which can be used as ''proof'' that their rumours are true which means even  more people rush to place bets on any new transfer news. 
And the cycle goes on and on and on.
[:D]

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Sky have themselves a nice little thing going with Sky Bet. They put up a rumour on their transfer site, people rush to bet on it (clicking on the conveniently placed Sky Bet link) which has the effect of slashing their odds which can be used as ''proof'' that their rumours are true which means even  more people rush to place bets on any new transfer news. 

[/quote]

Exactly, and they can create whole new markets for players who aren''t likely to move meaning they don''t have to pay out at all.

I would be gutted to see JR go, one of our more iconic players and a top GK. That said, considering the excellent business the club did with Snoddy''s move, what would be a good bit of business for JR, an England squad regular?

Biggest GK deals to date in the UK...De Gea UKP17.5m, Cech UKP11.5m and Lloris Euro 11m.

So, what''s the value of big John Ruddy? I would be disappointed with anything less than UKP 8 million......with a sell on clause of course.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Sky have themselves a nice little thing going with Sky Bet. They put up a rumour on their transfer site, people rush to bet on it (clicking on the conveniently placed Sky Bet link) which has the effect of slashing their odds which can be used as ''proof'' that their rumours are true which means even  more people rush to place bets on any new transfer news. 
[/quote]Well my mates, uncles, sisters, mates, dads, best friends grandson''s hairdresser informed that it could well happen so it must be true! and rumour has it he was spotted in a near by Asda so watch this space. No reports on Wengers car being parked at a funny angle though so there may still be hope!

we''re gonna need a commanding goalkeeper, imo theres no point in selling John as he''s such a big player for us, integral to our spine. It was different with snodders because many were unsure if it was a good idea to sell him as on one hand he gets a few goals and looks to try hard, on the other he slows the play down, can''t use his right foot and can''t cross with either foot; the price we got for him made it an easy decision for us. With John, he commands his box well, we aren''t going to get a better GK, he knows the squad, he said he staying (i don''t know how much that means though), also declan rudd doesn''t have that presence that John has. If we''re gonna get promoted, you need to have a good spine.

Ruddy

Bassong Turner Bennett (all fantastic CB''s in the championship, perhaps need a bit of pace)

Tettey Fer Howson (great CM in the championship)

Hooper Grabban Becchio (beasts in the championship)

add this to a good LB and some great wingers we have, we should win the league (i say should).

No need to sell. Of course as we''re relegated, some players may not be up for the championship and have asked for a transfer, but we know this isn''t ruddy at this point. I think probably Bassong wants to leave, yet he''s been relegated with every club he''s been at recently so perhaps premier league clubs will learn.

With JR you get the feeling he has sensible priorities, much like Grant Holt.   Family, young kids in school etc etc are more important than anything and will last well beyond any footballer''s playing career.   If he is happy and settled that will be what keeps him at Norwich. We could well get interest in him, but as the club don''t have to sell - and why would they want to - there would seem to be no reason for him to go or be sold on.   He can still play for England and if we are promoted back, in fact that will be more likely as he will have had another very good  - and successful season.    

For once I think Wiz could be right.

[quote user="Wiz"]Ein binner alert maybe?[/quote]

Wiz, do you go on the binners site (or any others) and wind them up at all, if so let us know some so we can add to them?

I think you are deluded, if the money is right then Ruddy will go, professing his love for Norwich City, but citing his England career as the reason.