Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Can't you see the obvious ?

The dribble that is posted on here never fails to astound me, you could drown in it

People saying keep everyone, even though they are on high wages for this division because for a couple of years we will get large parachute payments.

If they don''t like it let them rot in the reserves rather than move them on

Wolf will come good, learn how to sprint, control, & pass the ball etc

Get real people, the policy is not to spunk all the money on high roller hangeroners, We have a plan to move on the high earners & will accept large bids for anyone else, replacing them with hungry quality alternatives

Adams to his credit is building a new team, with a much lower wage base, which will ensure that we remain competitive and financial viable for years to come even if we do not go straight back up next season

[quote user="Newton"]The dribble that is posted on here never fails to astound me, you could drown in it

People saying keep everyone, even though they are on high wages for this division because for a couple of years we will get large parachute payments.

If they don''t like it let them rot in the reserves rather than move them on

Wolf will come good, learn how to sprint, control, & pass the ball etc

Get real people, the policy is not to spunk all the money on high roller hangeroners, We have a plan to move on the high earners & will accept large bids for anyone else, replacing them with hungry quality alternatives

Adams to his credit is building a new team, with a much lower wage base, which will ensure that we remain competitive and financial viable for years to come even if we do not go straight back up next season[/quote]who''s saying let players rot? or that Wolf can''t fuvking sprint? players are not hugely overpaid right now as all players who had signed/resigned in the premier league had relegation clauses that lowered their wages...

Javier you are another one living in dream world, your brains are in the wrong end of your body

The average wage for the champs is £10K per week (Burnley average £8Kpw & they were promoted

Bassong & Wolf were rumoured to be on £40K pw week in Prem, that now is down to £20K pw

Even with the reduction, they are still earning well above the division average. The majority of our Prem squad would be earning more than £10Kpw now even after the reduction. Remember Holts last contract was over £30Kpw

Why do you think Adams trying to manage out Wolf & Bassong, club policy to reduce the wage bill, they did not forget to buy Delia a birthday card

Thats why clubs are paid the parachute payments on a reducing basis over 4 years to help clubs manage out high earners even after relegation reductions in wages

Before you all go on about how do I know what the wages are specifically I don''t , but just look at our last set of accounts and work it out for yourself

well 1 reason to get rid of bassong is because he''s highly unreliable? throughout his career he has a history of having a good 1st season, and then just becoming extremely inconsistent.

if the average for the league is 10k per week, I would be interested in the average of those who got promoted in the last two seasons, I would think that Burnley would be the exception.the simple idea of it all is if you want to go up you have to be prepared to stake some money, which the club seem willing to do. that''s not me living in a dream world, that''s me thinking of things from a business point of view. you have to spend money to make money.

Javier the club will take no financial risks, even though we are debt free

Delia has no more money to invest and she will not allow any form of investment if it means diluting her majority shareholding and we are stuck with her for sat least another 10 years

Many people on here rejoice in this fact ???

You are correct a high percentage of the teams that are promoted to the Prem each year are substantially funded by the owners

Last season both QPR & Leicester had substantial support financially and the year before the same could be said for Hull & Cardiff even though the latter was relegated due to poor internal management

It is a tough call to go back up without additional owner investment, the next 2 seasons when the parachute payments are at the highest is our best chance

Where does the 10k average come from? How deep into a squad do you go? You''ve got some huge outliers be it the likes of loza and the Murphy''s or Rhodes and zigic. Is an average really a fair representation?

Newton, how do we know that Holt''s last contract was over £30k per week?

I agree with your point, our turnover has halved and therefore the club need to cut their cloth.

But that sounds a bit on the high side and never heard that before.

Average championship wage was £4059 a week in 2011, doubt it has increased by 150% in three years, unless a few very wealthy clubs have pushed up the average.

Holts first contract when we were promoted was widely stated in the press to be in excess of £25Kpw and he was the highest paid player on our books

Lambert left and his agent asked for a transfer that summer, we said no and the only way he was prepared to stay was if we gave him a new 3 year contract.

Again no specific quotes bit wifely stated in press to be Norwich Citys most expensive contact in the region of £30 / £35K pw