Sign in to follow this  
Canary Willo

Callum Wilson

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]If Wilson picks Bournemouth, I don''t think it would be so much him picking them over us, but Howe over Adams.[/quote]

I''m sure those with a negative frame of mind and a preconceived agenda will see it that way. Without any proof or indication that is the case.

I''m not so sure. If the clubs were on the same level (same division but also same squad) I reckon a player would want to sign for a proper manager rather than take a chance where it could go either incredibly wrong or incredibly right.

@ Bethnal - I don''t have a negative mind or agenda at all. It''s just how I see it. I don''t think we will go straight back up either, but I don''t see that as me being negative. I''m actually very excited for the new season. The Premier League can become very boring.

Just spoken to a mate who is a huge coventry fan, according to him "if we pay £3m we have more money than sense. He''s ok but we have never got a full season out of him, he only scored about 4 goals when Clark left. He''s got pace but little else to offer other than that".

Doesn''t bode well as trust my mates opinion and he isnt just showing the usual sour grapes from a fan when a player wants to leave.

Although, unlike some on here, I will of course get behind him and give him a chance to prove himself if he does join

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I''m not so sure. If the clubs were on the same level (same division but also same squad) I reckon a player would want to sign for a proper manager rather than take a chance where it could go either incredibly wrong or incredibly right.[/quote]

Of course, but the clubs aren''t on the same level. That''s why I said Norwich''s stature will more than compensate for any perceived lack of stature the manager might have.

Don''t overplay the influence a manager might have on player''s decision to sign or not. Obviously if there is previous relationship that will help, but otherwise it is only really a factor when involving the ''elite'' managers. Players aren''t so poorly advised to choose a club based on who is the manager that day - most players know they will probably be at a particulary club longer than the manager who signs them.

Of course in interviews they will say things such as ''having .... as manager was really important'' or ''I was eager to work with ....'', but this is often briefed for them to say before interviews by the media team. Its better than saying ''.... offered me more money than anyone else''.

Neil Adams to Callum Wilson: "Sign for us. We have so many good players you''ll never get a game."Eddie Howe to Callum Wilson: "Sign for us. We have so few good players you''ll always get a game."

[quote user="rock bus"]

Just spoken to a mate who is a huge coventry fan, according to him "if we pay £3m we have more money than sense. He''s ok but we have never got a full season out of him, he only scored about 4 goals when Clark left. He''s got pace but little else to offer other than that".

Doesn''t bode well as trust my mates opinion and he isnt just showing the usual sour grapes from a fan when a player wants to leave.

Although, unlike some on here, I will of course get behind him and give him a chance to prove himself if he does join

[/quote]

Clarke left in Jan, Wilson scored 7 goals in March alone - I think your friend might not watch Coventry that much.

Methinks Howe and the availablity of game play will be the deciding factor.