Sign in to follow this  
Canary Willo

Callum Wilson

If we sign Wilson, you''d have to assume that at least one of Hooper or Wolfswinkle are leaving (along with Becchio) this summer. Even both could possibly go, depending on how highly Adams rates Loza. Personally, I think Loza could do with another spell out on loan and would be slightly concerned if he was one of our four ''first teamers'' at striker. 

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]If we sign Wilson, you''d have to assume that at least one of Hooper or Wolfswinkle are leaving (along with Becchio) this summer. Even both could possibly go, depending on how highly Adams rates Loza. Personally, I think Loza could do with another spell out on loan and would be slightly concerned if he was one of our four ''first teamers'' at striker. [/quote]Agree with this, with Hooper the most likely to go.Cause lets face it, Ricky is worth about 40 pence at the minute.

well so far we are obsessed with strikers and none any better than we already have

i am sure an variation of barcelonas 460 formation being 406 may work and not simply a keeganesque score more approach.

just hope that there is a coherent plan to come together that i cant yet see

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"]If we sign Wilson, you''d have to assume that at least one of Hooper or Wolfswinkle are leaving (along with Becchio) this summer. Even both could possibly go, depending on how highly Adams rates Loza. Personally, I think Loza could do with another spell out on loan and would be slightly concerned if he was one of our four ''first teamers'' at striker. [/quote]Agree with this, with Hooper the most likely to go.Cause lets face it, Ricky is worth about 40 pence at the minute.[/quote]
I feel really sorry for him. Every move he made before this has been a success and this transfer, for whatever reason you want to pick, has been an unmitigated disaster for both the club and him.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"]If we sign Wilson, you''d have to assume that at least one of Hooper or Wolfswinkle are leaving (along with Becchio) this summer. Even both could possibly go, depending on how highly Adams rates Loza. Personally, I think Loza could do with another spell out on loan and would be slightly concerned if he was one of our four ''first teamers'' at striker. [/quote]Agree with this, with Hooper the most likely to go.Cause lets face it, Ricky is worth about 40 pence at the minute.[/quote]
I feel really sorry for him. Every move he made before this has been a success and this transfer, for whatever reason you want to pick, has been an unmitigated disaster for both the club and him.
[/quote]Aye, I feel sorry for him too, in some ways I hope he stays and proves us all wrong.

can we assume adams is going to play a 4-3-3

for a lot of games with two strikers switching between a wide role and playing of the one central

[quote user="Paul101"]can we assume adams is going to play a 4-3-3 for a lot of games with two strikers switching between a wide role and playing of the one central[/quote]

0-0-10 by the looks of it.

Just waiting/hoping for us to start being linked to defenders/midfielders. (Genuine links preferably)

Be more than happy for Hooper to leave if we get this guy. Seriously pacey, our attack play will have gone from a snails pace to lightening.

Can''t help but laugh at some peoples reactions to what would be a great signing. We appear to be going back to the Lambert-esqe policy of signing younger, quicker, hungrier players who see us as a step up and who are still yet to achieve their career goals that''s always served us well. So what? You want us to carry on with Hughtons ageing mercenary policy?

It''s like when we went up in 2011 and everyone here was so jealous of QPR''s signings while bemoaning our lower league signing while I laughed in despair. The old names>quality mentality, sod if he compliments us or is actually any good, he''s famous and has a WAG in OK every week sign him up, that''s ambition!

This is exactly the type of player we should be looking at, I seriously hope we get him! I also agree it looks like Adams is gonna try 4-3-3, Wilson and Grabban either side of the attacking trio is an exciting thought!

Have to say, Darth, I agree with every word. I have never rated Hughton and was in despair from the day I heard he was to be our manager If you wanted the total opposite of Lambert then Hughton was your man!!.

I was shocked Adams got the job but the way things are panning out at the moment and if Wilson signs, it all reminds me of Lambert and his approach to players and characters.

I think it is a massive gamble with Adams and of course it is early days but so far so good.

[quote user="JF"]Be more than happy for Hooper to leave if we get this guy. Seriously pacey, our attack play will have gone from a snails pace to lightening.[/quote]

As long as we get £10m+  for Hooper.

There are some great comments on this thread...i.e. "like replacing Earnshaw with Cureton"......lets see shall we...

Earnshaw (just released by Blackpool) 27 goals in 45 appearances,replaced by Jamie Cureton who had just scored 23 goals in 44 appearances but despite expections was nearing the end of his career at a higher level.

RVW joined us having notched 28 goals in 55 appearances and the went on to score 1 in 25 appearances. Callum Wilson has just scored 23 goals in 55 appearances but who is at the start of his career at the higher level.

I actually reckon an older and slower Earnshaw on a free would probably score more goals than RVW next season.....although I actually, like many, would love to see him turn things around of course.

Oh, and "poor Becchio".....say what!! poor Becchio....sat on his arse drawing a great salary all season and who made little impact when he did play (agree limited opportunities perhaps) despite tearing it up at Leeds............he needs to move on and quick.

First Wazzock "We''ve gone from shopping at Waitrose to Aldi..."

There''s nothing wrong with Aldi, you get much better value. Maybe we could sell RvW and Becchio as a BOGOF.

Why does everyone think Becchio will move on? I can''t see anyone paying him what we pay him - suspect he''ll either warm the bench again or go out on loan for part salary.

Wonder if Loza could be part of the deal. Maybe a season long loan to Coventry. Would benefit him as he wont get much game time with all these strikers coming in.

[quote user="Darth Catbeard"]Can''t help but laugh at some peoples reactions to what would be a great signing. We appear to be going back to the Lambert-esqe policy of signing younger, quicker, hungrier players who see us as a step up and who are still yet to achieve their career goals that''s always served us well. So what? You want us to carry on with Hughtons ageing mercenary policy?

It''s like when we went up in 2011 and everyone here was so jealous of QPR''s signings while bemoaning our lower league signing while I laughed in despair. The old names>quality mentality, sod if he compliments us or is actually any good, he''s famous and has a WAG in OK every week sign him up, that''s ambition!

This is exactly the type of player we should be looking at, I seriously hope we get him! I also agree it looks like Adams is gonna try 4-3-3, Wilson and Grabban either side of the attacking trio is an exciting thought![/quote]

I totally agree with this. Alongside a change in playing style Adams is trying to change the ethos and mentality around the club.

I think Becchio, Hooper and RVW could all be off. Their attitude towards pre-season and 2014/15 will be of huge importance and determine if we even try to tempt them to stay such is Adams desire to change things following Hughtons arduous reign. Hooper strikes me as the one who could flourish for us in the Championship given the chance. He''s played at this level and scored freely whilst not having his confidence totally shattered last season like RVW and Becchio.

Lots of talk of Bournemouth leading the chase and being favourites. Losing out to Bournemouth for a player would be slightly embarassing.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Lots of talk of Bournemouth leading the chase and being favourites. Losing out to Bournemouth for a player would be slightly embarassing.[/quote]

Not really, Bournemouth want him to replace Grabban and be there main man - at Norwich he''d be in rotation with a lot of other strikers (at the moment).

At 22 I''m sure Wilson wants regular games, and might even be able to offer him higher wages considering his relative importance to the team. I guess it will boil down to how important a role Adams expects him to have.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Lots of talk of Bournemouth leading the chase and being favourites. Losing out to Bournemouth for a player would be slightly embarassing.[/quote]

Not really, Bournemouth want him to replace Grabban and be there main man - at Norwich he''d be in rotation with a lot of other strikers (at the moment).

At 22 I''m sure Wilson wants regular games, and might even be able to offer him higher wages considering his relative importance to the team. I guess it will boil down to how important a role Adams expects him to have.

[/quote]

Or it could be a first instance of Adams lack of credibility as a manager costing us when trying to attract targets. It could be that the player regards Howe as more credible.

This is not a criticism of Adams by the way. He may well turn out to be excellent and I hope he does but he will not have credibility until he has proven himself with a few wins and decent performances next season!

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote] Or it could be a first instance of Adams lack of credibility as a manager costing us when trying to attract targets. It could be that the player regards Howe as more credible. This is not a criticism of Adams by the way. He may well turn out to be excellent and I hope he does but he will not have credibility until he has proven himself with a few wins and decent performances next season![/quote]

I doubt it would matter that much in this instance. The credibility Norwich have as a club would more than compensate for Adams'' lack, or percived lack of stature.

Howe is regarded well, but it will come down to usual factors 1) money 2) role within the club 3) stature of club and potential for progress. Norwich can offer a team pushing for promotion and if they really want to can offer more money. Bournemouth will be able to offer a bigger role within the team though and that might be the crucial factor.

If Wilson looks at Norwich he''ll see two strikers who have played in the Champions League, two strikers the club have just signed and a striker who score 20 goals in Championship in half a season but hasn''t been given a look in. He might think that isn''t the best situation to walk into - especially when he also looks at the wings (a position he can also play) and sees players like Redmond, Bennett and Pilkington.

Both those arguments are valid, but there is another factor. Bournemouth are new to the championship and now in the dreaded ''second season syndrome''. Does Wilson want to risk dropping back down to League One? And then there''s the chance of City''s promotion back to the bright lights of the PL to tempt him. If Adams intends to use a 4-3-3 (like he did with the youth team), Wilson''s main competition on the left would be Pilks and Redmond (who prefers the right). Pilks'' injury record suggests that playing time for Wilson could be there.

“It’s pointless him going to a massive club and sitting on the bench,” he said. “He’s got to kick on. I would love it to be with us but he’s at the juncture which is absolutely life changing because I know exactly how much has been offered to him, communicated through his agent. It’s one of those situations where success can work against you as a football club but I’ve got a policy where I never, ever stand in the way of a player or a manager if it’s deemed to be the right thing.”

I don''t think Waggott is talking about Bournemouth here...