Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Those 'early' squad numbers release

Squad numbers. Last few seasons they have been released to supporters pretty much on the eve of the season starting.

So what was with the 1st July release, coinciding with the return to pre season training?

Nope, I don''t buy the fact they want to make the supporters happy so they know who to put on the back of their new shirts - rubbish.

Call me cynical but I believe it was a ploy to all but publically tell all involved that certain players are not wanted and are ''gently'' being moved out. Down 25 places and 11 respectively? There''s only one way they are going...

A bit if spinning PR wise going on at Carrow Rd....

Whilst it is likely there is something more than shirt sales behind it I think that in its self that could be reason enough.

Name and number adds about a tenner to each shirt and while you could come back and get it done later most would probably forget or not bother.

That''s a lot of missed tenners!

Its two birds with one stone, help and uncourage fans decision to have their new shirt printed and also a clear message to all in respect of the players with certain and uncertain futures. Not sure its "spin" though as thats propoganda based and this is the publishing of the actual/ factual squad numbers.

RVW might have requested a change in squad number for good luck for all we know

and it does match RVP''s at man united

anything we say on here is just random speculation

Lafferty brings more to the party than out and out goalscoring and I think he will be involved more than our other forwards whatever formation Adams chooses.

That is why he has been given the No 9 shirt.