Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

Callum Wilson exciting signing / Rvw classiest forward in club

To all posters who like to slag RVW off on here constantly here are some of the reasons why it didn''t go to plan.

1. 1st season in another country always hard.

2. NCFC didn''t play to his strengths, i.e. running between centre halfs and out pacing them. He never got a pass like Hoopers goal at WBA.

3. Snodgrass taking ball off him for penalty against Villa knocked his confidence to bits.

4. Having C. Hughton as manager, a clueless individual.

He is the 1 player at the club who could make the difference between promotion and mid table.

Having said all that I don''t think he helped himself sometimes with weak tackling back and immature behaviour on the pitch.

If we sign Callum Wilson It could be a very Dean Ashton type signing for the club because we will go nowhere with the other 2 we have signed imo.

Thankfully the club don''t go by your opinion.

[quote user="simmo_2"]To all posters who like to slag RVW off on here constantly here are some of the reasons why it didn''t go to plan. 1. 1st season in another country always hard. 2. NCFC didn''t play to his strengths, i.e. running between centre halfs and out pacing them. He never got a pass like Hoopers goal at WBA. 3. Snodgrass taking ball off him for penalty against Villa knocked his confidence to bits. 4. Having C. Hughton as manager, a clueless individual. He is the 1 player at the club who could make the difference between promotion and mid table. Having said all that I don''t think he helped himself sometimes with weak tackling back and immature behaviour on the pitch. If we sign Callum Wilson It could be a very Dean Ashton type signing for the club because we will go nowhere with the other 2 we have signed imo.[/quote]

players need to adapt to fit into systems.. if they cannot do that they will not succeed.

RVW did not adapt... he did not succeed.

I do appreciate that some things did not go RVW''s way that maybe could have helped him do a bit better.

However, if you were a defender would you rather play against RVW or Lafferty?

I would say Lafferty is more of a worry for defenders.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="simmo_2"]To all posters who like to slag RVW off on here constantly here are some of the reasons why it didn''t go to plan. 1. 1st season in another country always hard. 2. NCFC didn''t play to his strengths, i.e. running between centre halfs and out pacing them. He never got a pass like Hoopers goal at WBA. 3. Snodgrass taking ball off him for penalty against Villa knocked his confidence to bits. 4. Having C. Hughton as manager, a clueless individual. He is the 1 player at the club who could make the difference between promotion and mid table. Having said all that I don''t think he helped himself sometimes with weak tackling back and immature behaviour on the pitch. If we sign Callum Wilson It could be a very Dean Ashton type signing for the club because we will go nowhere with the other 2 we have signed imo.[/quote]

players need to adapt to fit into systems.. if they cannot do that they will not succeed.

[/quote]

Straight from the management school of Glen Roeder.

Any decent manager will play to a players strengths. Hughton did not do this which is why we got relegated. Lambert DID and oversaw one of the most successful spells in the clubs history.

The system fits the personnel, not the other way round.

[quote user="NCFCgardener"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote] Straight from the management school of Glen Roeder. Any decent manager will play to a players strengths. Hughton did not do this which is why we got relegated. Lambert DID and oversaw one of the most successful spells in the clubs history. The system fits the personnel, not the other way round.[/quote]

not really... although I do manage teams in real life and 3 promotions and 1 league title must put me in the same bracket as Roeder...

Either way.. with 11 players on the pitch do we play as a team or to "individual strengths" we played as 11 inidividuals last seaosn and went down... perhaps if 4 or 5 players had adapted and played as a unit we wouldnt have?

I really hope the rumours are true and Bournemouth are favs. Totally underwhelmed by this transfer. Would like to be rumoured with some midfield/defenders for a change.

I don''t know how good he might ultimately become in British conditions, but I think that he is a lot better than we saw last season.

Other have mentioned that we did not play (pass) to his strength, with through balls to run onto. I also think that many of the crosses were behind him, so his weight could not be moved quickly enough. He had a long lay-off with his foot problem, and then Hooper was preferred, understandably

So by the end of the season, he was low in confidence., although his work rate did not fall - I remember the dispossession of the fullback wide on our right, which brought a goal.

So I finish as I started. I really don''t know whether his game fits British conditions. I hope that we are able to service him properly this coming season. We have seen his goals from Portugal, and you don''t suddenly lose all your talent.