Sign in to follow this  
morty

Post relegation apathy.

The problem with assessing our players, in a word is Hughton.

McNally and us as supporters were criticised by the media. Where is this talented Mr Nice Guy who was so poorly treated by the backwater club? Where is the rush from top clubs, any clubs, to sign him up?

He and his clowns ruined out club.

How do we know what these players are capable of based on the last two years?

For what it''s worth I agree with the comments on this thread and Adams seems to want to recreate a Lambertesque mentality. I hope he succeeds.

In response to your original post, Morty, I suspect there is a sense of apprehension rather than lack of interest. With a few exceptions, we are all trying to feel positive and not to judge Adams before a ball has been kicked, but there is a nagging doubt inside us that wrong decisions have again been made. That''s what I personally feel anyway. I''m certainly not going to make negative statements or criticisms, but I can''t change what I feel inside.

Logic and history tells us all that we should wait until the very eve of the new season before we should be making any firm statements about whether there is any ''apathy'', whether the squad is looking stronger, how the various permutations are being used etc etc.It''s still very early days, and it''s quite normal for things to be a bit quiet when there''s a World Cup on. Also, in the main, Norwich have had a habit  of doing a lot of their transfer business a matter of hours before the season starts (or even after). Never really see the point of  going through all the pre-season training/friendlies, then selling a load of players and buying some new ones !So. let''s have this thread in  five weeks time. The whole scenario  could look VERY different by then.

Just starting to feel the first tingles of new season hope and anticipation mixed in with twinges of nervousness - a definite sign that it is not apathy.

But agree with a lot of what Reggie has said. Early business is more positive than not - but there is still a long way to go, not only till the start of the season but also the close of the transfer window.

"Young and hungry talent"

A style that apparently had run it''s course according to many under Lambert, albeit different leagues.

"Reinventing Norwich"

So Admitting that the last manager changed to much and was wrong

Possibly the world cup, England always have a great ability to make many apathetic about football in general. I guess we''ve been spoilt for several years now, relegation is hard to accept and the pitfalls that come with it are even harder to accept.
Honestly I get tired during the close season all the rubbish rumours and speculation, I just want to see some football again, we all have our opinions on the ins and outs but at the end of the day the proof is in the pudding and that''s all I really care about.