Sign in to follow this  
MancCanary

To people saying new signings mean RVW & Hooper are going..

It has been pointed out numerous times already that Grabban, Lafferty and even Callum Wilson can all play on the wing - so it doesn''t necessarily mean the end for all 3 of RVW, Hooper and Becchio. In fact, if Pilkington and Hoolahan leave, it''ll really look like we need all of the others. If we look at what we''ve got right now:

Out and out strikers:

RVW

Hooper

Becchio

Loza

Forwards/Wingers/Attacking Midfielders:

Lafferty

Grabban

(maybe Wilson)

Hoolahan

Out and out wingers:

Pilkington

Redmond

Bennett

Murphy

And if Pilks and Hoolahan and one of RVW, Hooper or Becchio leave, I think all of these players would still play a part in the season:

2 of RVW, Hooper, Becchio

Loza

Forwards/Wingers/Attacking Midfielders:

Lafferty

Grabban

(maybe Wilson)

Out and out wingers:

Redmond

Bennett

Murphy

- If Grabban, Lafferty and Wilson were all just no.9s, it would be a different matter of course. But with them being so versatile, I can see us keeping 2 of RVW Hooper and Becchio.

I can see Loza spending some time out on loan and maybe Becchio moving on. NA is building a versatile strikeforce that allows him much more flexibility with the systems and formations.

can certainly see loxa,  jacob murphy and morris benefitting from time on loan;   still inexperienced and would improve for regular competetive football from the league below.