Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

Gary Hooper desperate to leave Norwich

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Hooper is the only striker I''m concerned about ... We''d never be able to replace him.[/quote]

Really?  There is no player out there costing up to £10m who can do what hooper does?

At the mo it seems that the club want him to stay so the ambition is good;  but what happens if he sulks as he cant get the move he craves?  What is he worth to us then?    Unmotivated players are more aggro than they are worth.  

[/quote]

I agree. And to be blunt, Gary Hooper isn''t that good.

Yep, have to say that buying him was a big Hughton clanger (though perhaps not in the RvW category) and one of the key reasons we went down (amongst many).

If he stays he will do OK, but the histronics about the chance of him leaving shows a very poor judgement of a footballer. Fine at Champs and Scot Prem level.....not a Premiership player.

Personally I would be surprised if he went - who would want him as anything other than a squad player?

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Hooper is the only striker I''m concerned about ... We''d never be able to replace him.[/quote]

Really?  There is no player out there costing up to £10m who can do what hooper does?

At the mo it seems that the club want him to stay so the ambition is good;  but what happens if he sulks as he cant get the move he craves?  What is he worth to us then?    Unmotivated players are more aggro than they are worth.  

[/quote]

[/quote]Agree with this, he really isn''t in a strong position to make big transfer demands.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]He is if Premier League teams want him.[/quote]Whilst that is patently obvious, it will be at Norwich City''s price if so, not theirs.I can''t see anyone paying more for him than Snodgrass.

Clearly not, but if someone offered £6.5m for Hooper and he wants to go, I say let him go, Never got the impression he really wanted to be here in the first place, thinking back to the Press conference after he signed for us.

I don''t think its fair to judge the performances of any striker playing in a Chris Hughton team tbh. Lets see how Hooper (and RVW) get on this season, whoever they may be playing for.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agree with this, he really isn''t in a strong position to make big transfer demands.
[/quote]

And of course you have hard evidence that he has made such demands?[:|]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Agree with this, he really isn''t in a strong position to make big transfer demands.[/quote]

[/quote]Are you getting confused between opinion and fact old fella?No surprises there......

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agree with this, he really isn''t in a strong position to make big transfer demands.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you getting confused between opinion and fact old fella?

No surprises there......
[/quote]

It sounded like a morty fact.....no surprises there.......

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Agree with this, he really isn''t in a strong position to make big transfer demands.[/quote]

[/quote]Are you getting confused between opinion and fact old fella?No surprises there......[/quote]

[/quote]No it really didn''t, you daft old duffer.I said "He really isn''t in a strong position to make transfer demands"At no point in that sentence did I say he had made any demands.In my OPINION he isn''t quite as good as he thinks he is, he is contracted, and we don''t need to sell. my OPINION was based on those things I said in the previous sentence.Is that okay with you?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you getting confused between opinion and fact old fella?

No surprises there......
[/quote]

[/quote]

No it really didn''t, you daft old duffer.

I said "He really isn''t in a strong position to make transfer demands"

At no point in that sentence did I say he had made any demands.

In my OPINION he isn''t quite as good as he thinks he is, he is contracted, and we don''t need to sell. my OPINION was based on those things I said in the previous sentence.

Is that okay with you?
[/quote]

Absolutely. [Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jammy Yellow"]No one would ever get sacked for saying who it was. its just utter rubbish that they want people to believe.[/quote]

Really?

Most companies take security and confidentiality very seriously now, and recognise that insider information can have serious financial ramifications. My company will issue a written warning to anyone who lets company confidential information slip on social media. Or anything that could harm the image.
[/quote]

so why is the player opening his mouth?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jammy Yellow"]No one would ever get sacked for saying who it was. its just utter rubbish that they want people to believe.[/quote]Really?Most companies take security and confidentiality very seriously now, and recognise that insider information can have serious financial ramifications. My company will issue a written warning to anyone who lets company confidential information slip on social media. Or anything that could harm the image.[/quote]

[/quote]Because he can?What they going to do, sack him?Though if he contravenes club rules and policy, he can be fined obviously.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]I think he may start the season with us, but by the 1st September 2014, he''ll be playing for someone else.[/quote]

Damn well hope you''re wrong nets, next to Ruddy, Hoops is the one to keep I believe.

I agree, but that''s the harsh part of relegation. The true damage of relegation (and the clubs actions last season) will only hit home when players like Hooper and Ruddy leave the club.

I think we will lose Fer, Olsson, Ruddy and Hooper. Part of the reason why I think we won''t bounce back to the PL for a few years yet.

Oh and Jas, lets not forget this whole thread is based on heresay. I could be wrong, but I don''t think I have seen anywhere, publicly, where Hooper is demanding a move.

People will pay for a goal scorer and Hooper has got a few goals in him. But he''s not much of a player beyond that.

If you go back far enough you''ll probably find a couple of posts from me saying he''s someone I''d like to see us sign before he''d even gone to Scunny.

I''d have been keen on us picking him up at any point until we got into the Prem but I was always a bit worried about him as a big money signing at that level. And I don''t see him ever being particularly prolific at Premier League level because I don''t think he''s got enough in the locker.

Could he bang us 20+ goals in the Champs in a full season? Probably. But I also wouldn''t be surprised to see him "only" get 10-15.

I''m not saying he couldn''t score a lot of goals in the Champs but I am a bit worried but by some peoples'' assumptions that he''ll score goals for fun and almost walkover the league. I don''t think he''s that good and it''s a hard league.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jammy Yellow"]No one would ever get sacked for saying who it was. its just utter rubbish that they want people to believe.[/quote]

Really?

Most companies take security and confidentiality very seriously now, and recognise that insider information can have serious financial ramifications. My company will issue a written warning to anyone who lets company confidential information slip on social media. Or anything that could harm the image.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Because he can?

What they going to do, sack him?

Though if he contravenes club rules and policy, he can be fined obviously.
[/quote]

not sack him.. but giving in to what he wants (a move).... Hooper could shout it from the roof tops and then the clubs hand is forced...

hence why i said Tell us who the source is.... dont have to give a name.. but is it a local journalist, or a news person... who''s to say this source is attached to the club at all.. in which case name them as there''s sweet diddly F*ck the club can do.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jammy Yellow"]No one would ever get sacked for saying who it was. its just utter rubbish that they want people to believe.[/quote]Really?Most companies take security and confidentiality very seriously now, and recognise that insider information can have serious financial ramifications. My company will issue a written warning to anyone who lets company confidential information slip on social media. Or anything that could harm the image.[/quote]

[/quote]Because he can?What they going to do, sack him?Though if he contravenes club rules and policy, he can be fined obviously.[/quote]

not sack him.. but giving in to what he wants (a move).... Hooper could shout it from the roof tops and then the clubs hand is forced...

hence why i said Tell us who the source is.... dont have to give a name.. but is it a local journalist, or a news person... who''s to say this source is attached to the club at all.. in which case name them as there''s sweet diddly F*ck the club can do.

[/quote]Not sure why you are obsessing over the source. Its pretty obvious that if it were a journalist, or there were actually something substantial in it, it would be a news story by now.And, again, the club doesn''t have to cave, if we sell, we sell because the price is right. If someone, say, came in with ten million for Hooper, we''d be bloody stupid not to take it.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Suppose with the Callum Wilson news, the Hooper stuff becomes ever more possible.[/quote]

No, maybe RVW, Becchio, Loza, are on the  move for example.

My "source" has told me that Loza, Tettey & Beccio have all but signed the papers for loan moves.

My source doesnt want anyone to know that he works at CR and speaks to the players and agents regularily so dont mention anything to the papers. he might get sacked

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]I''d be delighted if Tettey left the club.[/quote]

Why? He''s our best holding midfielder.