Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

Gary Hooper desperate to leave Norwich

Really? I''ve heard a rumour that Gary Hooper is not angling for a move and is actually quite content to stay. Both the club and Adams have apparently said he''s their ''main man'' for next season and that, in order to prove this, they''ve allowed him to stay on premier league wages for the next season. 
This comes from a Norwich supporter who was (allegedly) talking to Hooper on a plane-flight recently and asked him about whether or not he was likely to leave. 
I trust the guy who told me this, but don''t know anything about the Norwich fan who met Hooper.
Take it for what you will.

Don''t need to name sources. Constantly coming up with rumours that are proved right is a far better way of proving that you are ITK.

I have a feeling that we''re not done by any stretch of the imagination when it comes to our forward line. What this means for Hooper who knows, but I expect us to sign another striker shortly.

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]Alex - it turns out the leader of the band doesn''t do that, he just told you he did to see if it ended up on an Internet forum.

It might have taken him 20 years, but he''s finally rumbled you.[/quote]Laughed out loud at this.

Appreciate those who understand why sources can''t be named. My source is just someone I know, who happens to be in the know. When certain people are ''in the know'', they like to brag and tell you what they know. It helps them feel important I suppose. Bit like what I''m doing here haha.

This man is the same person who told me the club were going to sack Chris Hughton at the end of last season, however we finished the campaign. Obviously, we all know that results meant the club sacked him much earlier, but the board later revealed (on Radio Norfolk) that they would''ve sacked Hughton at the end of the season even if we''d stayed up.

Anyway, that sounds like me trying to prove myself and I don''t need to do that.

"Both the club and Adams have apparently said he''s their ''main man'' for next season and that, in order to prove this, they''ve allowed him to stay on premier league wages for the next season. "

Nice try but when a player signs a new contract - which is what that would take - we get told don''t we? You can''t just tip off the payroll clerk not to put Gary''s reduction through and hope RvW and co don''t find out.

Fact is most of our players will be open to a move if there''s anyone out there who wants them. They''ve all had salary deductions due to relegation, or so we''ve been led to believe.

They may not be "desperate" to leave but it''s hardly surprising if they show some interest , especially the high-earners who''ll have taken the biggest hits . We would, wouldn''t we?

And clearly the club isn''t going to re-negotiate the contracts of one or two "special players" - that would defeat the objective of the clauses in the first place, as well as cause divisions in the squad.

complete rubbish, hooper fer wolfswinkel have agreed to stay until January window, becchio & hoolahan will be leaving

[quote user="Absent Friend"]"Both the club and Adams have apparently said he''s their ''main man'' for next season and that, in order to prove this, they''ve allowed him to stay on premier league wages for the next season. "

Nice try but when a player signs a new contract - which is what that would take - we get told don''t we? You can''t just tip off the payroll clerk not to put Gary''s reduction through and hope RvW and co don''t find out.

Fact is most of our players will be open to a move if there''s anyone out there who wants them. They''ve all had salary deductions due to relegation, or so we''ve been led to believe.

They may not be "desperate" to leave but it''s hardly surprising if they show some interest , especially the high-earners who''ll have taken the biggest hits . We would, wouldn''t we?

And clearly the club isn''t going to re-negotiate the contracts of one or two "special players" - that would defeat the objective of the clauses in the first place, as well as cause divisions in the squad.[/quote]
Not my rumour pal. Someone else has claimed this is true, not me. I already mentioned I know nothing about the original source, just that I know trust the guy who told me. The original source could be talking bo***cks for all I know, I just thought it might prove interesting to some on here and highlight how there are a variety of rumours flying around at this time of the year.
[:)]

My source was also responsible for telling me that Paul Lambert had a girlfriend in Mulbarton during his time at Norwich. Naturally, I wasn''t sure whether to believe this, but apparently it was actually true. People in the area regularly saw his Maserati parked outside her house.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]My source was also responsible for telling me that Paul Lambert had a girlfriend in Mulbarton during his time at Norwich. Naturally, I wasn''t sure whether to believe this, but apparently it was actually true. People in the area regularly saw his Maserati parked outside her house.[/quote]
Did she have a driveway or was it on the road?

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]My source was also responsible for telling me that Paul Lambert had a girlfriend in Mulbarton during his time at Norwich. Naturally, I wasn''t sure whether to believe this, but apparently it was actually true. People in the area regularly saw his Maserati parked outside her house.[/quote]Funny how Chinese whispers spread - I was told it was Aylsham haha.

Kingston Yellow - I also laughed out loud at that, very good! Brucie - not Kasabian, bumped into them a couple of times though. Lurd - your guessing skills are very good.

Hopefully we''ll keep hold of Hooper and RvW, I still see them as the main men upfront, I genuinely feel there is so much more to come from them - especially from RvW. Fingers crossed.

Its called a written transfer request

Can he write or did he miss that bit at school

He needs to put up or shut up

Absolutely stupid post

By the way my dog told me he had heard from the cat over the road that Wolf wants to meet the queen

RvW being given the number 20 shirt says to me that we''re trying to offload him, but that''s probably been said on another thread.

I hope we keep Hooper too but player power usually wins through if the desire to leave is strong enough.

[quote user="Brucie"]I expect some transfer news today/tomorrow but an incoming player, not an outgoing one.[/quote]Good game, good game.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Brucie"]I expect some transfer news today/tomorrow but an incoming player, not an outgoing one.[/quote]Good game, good game.[/quote]A Brucie bonus?

Hooper is the only striker I''m concerned about leaving.

He will be awesome in the championship. And with him in the side I''m confident of a promotion push. If we don''t keep him than I seriously worry about the clubs ambition. I wouldn''t take 10 million for Hooper. We''d never be able to replace him.

Villa don''t want him for starters, QPR too btw.[:|]

Hooper is a good goalscorer, but it depends on the role he will be asked to play next season. To say we would "never be able to replace him" based on a handful of goals and performances is a bit melodramatic.

I knew someone that knows pilks quite well and his circle of friends. He informed me last summer that pilks wanted out then but the club would not let him go. He wanted to move to a club closer to the north west for family reasons. Seeing the season pilks had with him being frozen out I was not shocked. My source had no reason to lie. I no longer speak to that source and never posted last summer because I knew what reaction I would get from most. Oh and I would never reveal that source because it could drop me in a world of poo. So it is not always possible to name someone. Trouble is if you do post something people don''t believe you because there are some sad people that make things up!

[quote user="Private Frazer"][quote user="YellowNets1901"]My source was also responsible for telling me that Paul Lambert had a girlfriend in Mulbarton during his time at Norwich. Naturally, I wasn''t sure whether to believe this, but apparently it was actually true. People in the area regularly saw his Maserati parked outside her house.[/quote]
[/quote]And was it at a jaunty angle?

[quote user="Private Frazer"][quote user="YellowNets1901"]My source was also responsible for telling me that Paul Lambert had a girlfriend in Mulbarton during his time at Norwich. Naturally, I wasn''t sure whether to believe this, but apparently it was actually true. People in the area regularly saw his Maserati parked outside her house.[/quote]
[/quote]

He would always enter though the back door apparently.

[quote user="funny old game"][quote user="Private Frazer"][quote user="YellowNets1901"]My source was also responsible for telling me that Paul Lambert had a girlfriend in Mulbarton during his time at Norwich. Naturally, I wasn''t sure whether to believe this, but apparently it was actually true. People in the area regularly saw his Maserati parked outside her house.[/quote]
[/quote]

He would always enter though the back door apparently.[/quote]

Through!!!!!!!

[quote user="Wiz"] Villa don''t want him for starters, QPR too btw.[:|][/quote]

At least Hooper made it to Carrow Road!

And you Wiz???? Enough of your utter tripe if you can''t make the effort yourself!!!!!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Hooper is the only striker I''m concerned about leaving. He will be awesome in the championship. And with him in the side I''m confident of a promotion push. If we don''t keep him than I seriously worry about the clubs ambition. I wouldn''t take 10 million for Hooper. We''d never be able to replace him.[/quote]

100% agree Lincoln, somehow we must hold on to him.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Hooper is the only striker I''m concerned about ... We''d never be able to replace him.[/quote]

Really?  There is no player out there costing up to £10m who can do what hooper does?

At the mo it seems that the club want him to stay so the ambition is good;  but what happens if he sulks as he cant get the move he craves?  What is he worth to us then?    Unmotivated players are more aggro than they are worth.