Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

Gary Hooper desperate to leave Norwich

Have it on (very very very) good authority that Gary Hooper is "desperate" to leave Norwich. It''s a stand off between him and the club. The club have told him they don''t want to sell him, nor do they have to sell him. Hooper is wanted by Villa, QPR and West Brom.

Just passing on what I''ve been told by a very well placed source, who I can''t name (convenient), so don''t shoot the messenger.

why dont u just say the source. because if he is telling you, they will have told others.

you can always hide behind your online persona so who cares if you tell.

until you do. i call bullsh*t

end of

Well its best one of those clubs come up with a "too good to turn down" offer then, otherwise he won''t be getting his wish.

I just don''t know why the board looks for new managers scouts or technical directors of football further a field

When all they have to do is come on here and look for them.

Everybody knows something internally

surely this is easier recruitment

[quote user="Jammy Yellow"]

why dont u just say the source. because if he is telling you, they will have told others.

end of

[/quote]

I hate these statements of name your source and why not etc etc.

Anyone who has friends or relatives who work at the club cannot name them because you would be putting there employment at risk. I just had a haircut and the hairdresser cut 4no players hair yesterday before they go on tour, no statements or rumours but there maybe next time, cant name the players though.

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="Jammy Yellow"]

end of

[/quote]

I hate these statements of name your source and why not etc etc.

Anyone who has friends or relatives who work at the club cannot name them because you would be putting there employment at risk. I just had a haircut and the hairdresser cut 4no players hair yesterday before they go on tour, no statements or rumours but there maybe next time, cant name the players though.[/quote]Its a reasonable point.The guy who used to cut my hair also cut hair for someone at the club, I always used to get some juicy stuff off him. But I wouldn''t reveal details of his identity.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Have it on (very very very) good authority that Gary Hooper is "desperate" to leave Norwich. It''s a stand off between him and the club. The club have told him they don''t want to sell him, nor do they have to sell him. Hooper is wanted by Villa, QPR and West Brom. Just passing on what I''ve been told by a very well placed source, who I can''t name (convenient), so don''t shoot the messenger.[/quote]

Thanks Yellow - any gossip is always welcome.  

As for the others and the source obsession,   treat the post as intended,   a passing on of rumour / gossip and accept on your own scale the credibility or otherwise of the post rather than flaming the OP.

My reaction is ok,  sounds plausible,  can only wait and see what happend.

I would have thought that if City start well and bang in the goals that would be a great thing for Gary and he will be in teh window again if we are near the top of the league throughout the season and potentially back in the Prem. If he can''t get in the side here though ahead of Lafferty and Grabban then he isn''t going to get ahead of many Premier strikeforces either. It doesn''t surprise me if he wanted to move- Barcelona in the Champions Legaue to Rotherham in the Championship is not marvellous when as a footballer you have a limited time to get things right. You can see it from his point of view.

This gets right on my nerves, nobody is ever going to name their source as it puts the job of that source at risk. Members of staff at NCFC have to sign confidentiality agreements so they are trusting that their friends wont name them. I have a friend who works at the club and he has told me stuff which I have passed on by word of mouth or forums, but would never risk his job or friendship by naming him.

Now do you get it????

Not exactly much of a stretch to believe that Hooper wants out. 

I would guess it''s our preference to get someone else in but we are maintaining the stance we''d prefer to keep Hooper incase it doesn''t happen with another target.

[quote user="Jammy Yellow"]No one would ever get sacked for saying who it was. its just utter rubbish that they want people to believe.[/quote]Really?Most companies take security and confidentiality very seriously now, and recognise that insider information can have serious financial ramifications. My company will issue a written warning to anyone who lets company confidential information slip on social media. Or anything that could harm the image.

I expect some transfer news today/tomorrow but an incoming player, not an outgoing one.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jammy Yellow"]No one would ever get sacked for saying who it was. its just utter rubbish that they want people to believe.[/quote]

Really?

Most companies take security and confidentiality very seriously now, and recognise that insider information can have serious financial ramifications. My company will issue a written warning to anyone who lets company confidential information slip on social media. Or anything that could harm the image.
[/quote]

I''ve worked for a football club and seen people get sacked for releasing information to the press. Not sure about telling a friend who then posts it on social media, but it certainly wouldn''t go down well at all.

When Elliott Bennett signed for us, I broke the news on here thanks to a mate of mine who was a coach at Brighton. I also told a mate of mine who is a Brighton fan who posted on the Brighton board with a link to our Pink Un thread

My mate called me the next day, desperate to know if I''d mentioned him as a group of coaches had been hauled into the chairman''s office, given a dressing down and threatened with the sack if he found out who it was that leaked. I don''t know why he was so angry, but I''m thankful I didn''t name someone that could be easily identified or my mate what have been out of a job.

I would not have thought that it was terribly newsworthy that Hooper might want to leave. Perhaps the ''desperate'' bit has been put in for added spice by the OP or his ''source''. In fact, if you take out the ''desperate'' bit, and substitute ''if the right offer comes along'', I''d say that it''s almost 100% likely.I too would be surprised in this modern world of security and litigation, if anyone senior enough to know hard bits of info re players would be daft enough to broadcast it on public media or even to a member of the general public direct.

[quote user="Brucie"]I expect some transfer news today/tomorrow but an incoming player, not an outgoing one.[/quote]Source? [;)]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I would not have thought that it was terribly newsworthy that Hooper might want to leave. Perhaps the ''desperate'' bit has been put in for added spice by the OP or his ''source''. In fact, if you take out the ''desperate'' bit, and substitute ''if the right offer comes along'', I''d say that it''s almost 100% likely.

I too would be surprised in this modern world of security and litigation, if anyone senior enough to know hard bits of info re players would be daft enough to broadcast it on public media or even to a member of the general public direct.
[/quote]

Whatever happened to that post about Joe Royle in Magaluf?

Hell Pilkington wanted to leave in January and was expecting to move house soon

and the source was our tnt driver who he told when delivering parcels

hell keith o''neil wanted to go to Newcastle source my brother who he went on the piss with in dereham (edp had him as doubtfull for the game the next day)

but at the time if you post things most people will just say your full of crap ect ect so really no point in ever telling anyone where you heard it from

[quote user="NCFCgardener"]This gets right on my nerves, nobody is ever going to name their source as it puts the job of that source at risk. Members of staff at NCFC have to sign confidentiality agreements so they are trusting that their friends wont name them. I have a friend who works at the club and he has told me stuff which I have passed on by word of mouth or forums, but would never risk his job or friendship by naming him. Now do you get it????[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! ! ! NCFC are trusting them to stick to the confidentiality agreement that they have signed meaning they shouldn''t be spiiling the beans on what goes on. You''re not risking your friend''s job, they are.

Now do you get what a confidentiality agreement is????

It''s all about the "power boner" at the end of the day

Some people get a thrill out of spreading stuff like this, believing they are "in the know" that they are somehow privellaged. It''s not a phoenomenon confined to football. It''s basic office gossip on a bigger scale.

If people want to do it, that''s fine, enjoy the power boner that comes with it. If it stops you from kicking your dog to get a Feeling of superiority then all power to you. It''s the ones you get that believe it all as gospel truth you want to really worry about. The ones that read this and then tell their mate as a result of the un-based, anonymous, un-verified information source that "Gary hooper is definitely gone"

People must be extremely thick if they can’t understand why those with a genuine source at the club don''t reveal where their info has come from.

I get to hear a few bits of info from time to time and I don''t even publish what I hear out of respect for the person concerned, so I certainly understand why people won’t reveal their source.

I have a couple of close friends whom are in a world famous rock/pop/alternative group, the leader of the band I know for a fact would tell new people to the band inner circle specific made up information so to see if it would end up on public forums. If said information ended up on fan pages etc the people given this information would either have their employment immediately terminated, or they would be removed from the ''inner sanctum''. In the best part of 20 years I''ve never said anything, but I''ve seen what happens to those that do - and it''s almost funny when they start begging third party connections of the band for guest list, triple A''s etc etc, desperate to claw their way back in.

In short, if you are priviliged, and you respect your friends and or source, it''s wise to keep it to yourself. I realise we see loads of bullshitters on here, but no point asking the genuine guys for a source.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

Whatever happened to that post about Joe Royle in Magaluf?

[/quote]

????????You''ve lost me already.I did not realise JR was in Magalluf.

Alex, is that your way of telling us you''re best mates with tom Meighan and Serge Pizzorno?! 😁

I''ve signed a confidentiality agreement, sadly I can''t tell you what for.If Hooper does want to leave then it will be for as much if not more than what we paid for him one season ago. Villa are supposedly skint so that pretty much rules them out I should think.

Alex - it turns out the leader of the band doesn''t do that, he just told you he did to see if it ended up on an Internet forum.

It might have taken him 20 years, but he''s finally rumbled you.

I''m taking a total punt and guessing ''Alex'' knows The Cure..