Sign in to follow this  
Canary fun and games

If we lose out to Bournemouth for this Coventry striker

It will be proof if proof is needed that the appointment of Neil Adams was a disasterious decision. If we cannot compete with the likes of Bournemouth with our squad and Premier pedigree as well as our prem cash then it will show how far and how quickly we have fallen. Coming to play for Neil Adams will be one of our biggest hurdles in landing players.

Lets see who he chooses but I hope the board get a back lash if we dont convert him.

Is this another Waveney? I''ve not seen this particular moniker before. Oh well, doesn''t matter which kn*bhead it is doe it..

We ripped Bournemouth''s star from their grasp only a matter of weeks ago; he himself directly referenced to Adams as one of the main reasons for him making the move.If we lose out in Wilson (if it truly is between us and Bournemouth) it''s because we can''t offer him as much first team football as Bournemouth can. No doubt they''re trying to buy him as Grabban''s replacement, he''ll be a focal point in their side whereas he''d have to acclimatise to being a small fish in a big pond if he came our away because we are a bigger club, with more resources and with a greater pool of talent to call upon.That more or less seems to be the reality of the situation. Whatever happens it''d be complete nonsense to get frantic about any of it.

Hope we do lose out. Anyway if i''m mistaken didnt we take their best player away from them?! Cant be that bad.

how is it proof? it wouldn''t prove anything as we haven''t kicked a ball this season. Although i wish that we had a proper manager in charge, he may turn out to be the best manager we''ve ever had

Much more likely proof that Wilson was concerned about the number of strikers on our books.

How do we even know that our offer was accepted? Two Bournemouth players have moved in the other direction to Coventry, sounds like quite a complicated deal and we don''t even know whether we were in the mix.

Paper talk linking us to Wilson isn''t proof of anything. Freddie Starr didn''t really eat a hamster.

Losing out to Bournemouth (for whatever reason) is a bit of a low point but if nothing else good comes out of this I hope that it means Adams calls a temporary halt to this striker buying "frenzy" he has embarked upon and decides to persevere with 2 of Hooper, Becchio and RVW. In my opinion, the first two are strikers who are capable of scoring 25 goals a season in the championship whilst who knows what effect it might have on RVW if he can get a couple of goals and get his confidence back. His value is probably at its lowest point at the moment but he seems to have come back with a decent attitude so why not hang onto him and give him the mission of making amends for last season.

I don''t really see it as a big deal if Norwich miss out.

If Wilson doesn''t come to Norwich it means he wasn''t going to be a first team player, which means that the club haven''t missed out on an important target. I would suspect Adams wanted to use Wilson in a wide role, which is something he might not prefer either.

While Wilson is regarded as a ''big talent'' at 22 you''d probably have wanted to see a little more from him already - he''s already older than the Murphys and Redmond.

Think of it like this, a fellow Championship club who were pushing for the play-offs last season want to base their attack around a player Norwich only wanted as back-up. Sounds more positive that way. Ce la vie.

Hell in a hand cart we are going to hell in a hand cart. Not even under hapless hughton did we sink this low.

I see anything less than a relegation dog fight a success.

It is Brian Gunn with bells on.when will we ever learn

[quote user="Canary fun and games "]

I see anything less than a relegation dog fight a success. [/quote]So just straight up relegation then?Nice to see you''re an honest enough WUM to so blatantly show your true colours.

I don''t see this has any bearing on us at all. The lad wants first team football which is to be commended but if he doesn''t have the faith yet in his ability that he can dislodge our current strikers he''s better off continuing his development at club he can get games at.

So he''s made the sensible choice of moving to a club where he will probably be an automatic first team choice, instead of (maybe) coming here just to sit on our bench.... if he does well he can move again in a coupe of years. Smart.

If he doesn''t have the balls to fight for a place here he''s not the right kind of player for us.

its not about ''having the balls to fight'' for his place, its about him thinking whats best for him as a striker. He''ll be their main man up there whereas there is a possibility that he''ll play as an inside forward for us.

I''m not that concerned to have missed out on him but strangely the fact he decided on Bournemouth actually makes me more dissapointed. The fact he has chosen them shows that actually playing is more important than being at a bigger club and earning more money something very rare with young players today, but to be admired.

I say good luck to him and hope he has a great season (against everyone but us!!!)

[quote user="Canary fun and games "]

It will be proof if proof is needed that I am a binner. If we cannot compete with the likes of Bournemouth with our squad and Premier pedigree as well as our prem cash then it will show how far and how quickly we have fallen. Coming to play for Neil Adams will be one of our biggest hurdles in landing players.

Lets see who he chooses but I hope the board get a back lash if we dont convert him.

[/quote]

BINNER ALERT !click

lock up your collection tines, waveney is on the loose

Did anyone read the interview with the Coventry manager

who said Wilson has turned Norwich down as he wants to play week in week out as the first choice striker

I think Bournemouth loaning them 2, maybe 3, players may have helped the deal go through for them.