Sign in to follow this  
GrantsMoustache

Britt Assombalonga

Would be the perfect signing for us right now, to be played on the left wing.

Then we have Redmond and Bennett competing on the right, Assombalonga and Murphy competing on the left.

Ship Pilkington out.

It''s OK saying that we''ve done well to get £7m for Snodgrass, but lets take advantage of this now by giving Redmond his spot on the right side and bringing in a real left winger.

I don''t disagree with getting Redmond on the right but don''t get the Pilks comments. If we can get him fit he''s a top, top left winger, especially at this level.

Britt Assombalonga came through as a winger and played there plenty of times for Peterborough last season.

Sign Huckerby who was a proven striker and play him left wing, what could possibly go wrong? Oh.... nothing.

I would be gutted if we signed this kid and put him on the left wing. He is a striker and should be played as such

GrantsMoustache wrote the following post at 30/06/2014 9:52 PM:

"Britt Assombalonga came through as a winger and played there plenty of times for Peterborough last season. Sign Huckerby who was a proven striker and play him left wing, what could possibly go wrong? Oh.... nothing. "

Britt Assombalonga 13/14 -

LW - 2 appearances.

RW - 2 appearances.

CF - 37 appearances.

You were saying?

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Britt Assombalonga came through as a winger and played there plenty of times for Peterborough last season.

Sign Huckerby who was a proven striker and play him left wing, what could possibly go wrong? Oh.... nothing.[/quote]
Depends on your point of view. I''m pretty sure Adam Drury still has nightmares about the time he spent playing behind Huckerby. Having to deal with both a premier league class wide-player and a premier league full-back whilst getting very little protection from the guy in front of you must''ve been painful.
BTW, I know Drury and Huckerby are actually good friends. 

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Would be the perfect signing for us right now, to be played on the left wing. Then we have Redmond and Bennett competing on the right, Assombalonga and Murphy competing on the left. Ship Pilkington out. It''s OK saying that we''ve done well to get £7m for Snodgrass, but lets take advantage of this now by giving Redmond his spot on the right side and bringing in a real left winger.[/quote]

I''d go for that.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]GrantsMoustache wrote the following post at 30/06/2014 9:52 PM: "Britt Assombalonga came through as a winger and played there plenty of times for Peterborough last season. Sign Huckerby who was a proven striker and play him left wing, what could possibly go wrong? Oh.... nothing. " Britt Assombalonga 13/14 - LW - 2 appearances. RW - 2 appearances. CF - 37 appearances. You were saying?[/quote]

He would be a handful on the left wing.

Apart from one shot over the bar against Man City last season, what did Pilkington do?

Philip J Fry, he was a winger before posh signed him.

Perhaps he would be wasted on the wing, but Bellamy started as a striker, so did Huckerby, Henry was a winger converted to a striker. we turned McVeigh into a wide player.

A fast attacking player is just that, whether they play wide or through the middle. But if not Assombalonga then why not Bakary Sako?

The point is that if we can sign a good left winger then we can play Redmond on the right.

I know that many are hoping that Pilkington can sort himself out, unfortunately I can''t think of many injury prone players who have lost their pace and somehow regained it - has done nothing much at all for 18 months now and doesn''t look the player that he once was.

A pacy natural left footer is needed in our squad and Norwich fans of all people having seen Huckerby, Eadie, and Bellamy in the yellow and green you would think should agree.

For me personally if it means moving a pacy left footed 20 goal striker out wide then what is the issue?

Some are saying that Adams is planning a three man attack, with two wide strikers, who would currently be the left sided one and what would be wrong with that player being Assombalonga?

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Philip J Fry, he was a winger before posh signed him.[/quote]

Absolute rubbish, I watched him play on loan from Watford at Braintree when he scored 5 in 5 and he was definitely a striker. He also played up top at Sahfend and Wealdstone when he was there.

He is a really nice guy, very humble and a real handful for defenders. He''d be a great addition to our squad but knowing Barry Fry he''ll want £6m plus!

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Philip J Fry, he was a winger before posh signed him.

Perhaps he would be wasted on the wing, but Bellamy started as a striker, so did Huckerby, Henry was a winger converted to a striker. we turned McVeigh into a wide player.

A fast attacking player is just that, whether they play wide or through the middle. But if not Assombalonga then why not Bakary Sako?

The point is that if we can sign a good left winger then we can play Redmond on the right.

I know that many are hoping that Pilkington can sort himself out, unfortunately I can''t think of many injury prone players who have lost their pace and somehow regained it - has done nothing much at all for 18 months now and doesn''t look the player that he once was.

A pacy natural left footer is needed in our squad and Norwich fans of all people having seen Huckerby, Eadie, and Bellamy in the yellow and green you would think should agree.

For me personally if it means moving a pacy left footed 20 goal striker out wide then what is the issue?

Some are saying that Adams is planning a three man attack, with two wide strikers, who would currently be the left sided one and what would be wrong with that player being Assombalonga?[/quote]

You''re aware of the ''three pacy left footers'' you mentioned, only eadie was actually left footed? Therefore also proving that a successful left winger doesn''t have to be left footed...

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]GrantsMoustache wrote the following post at 30/06/2014 9:52 PM: "Britt Assombalonga came through as a winger and played there plenty of times for Peterborough last season. Sign Huckerby who was a proven striker and play him left wing, what could possibly go wrong? Oh.... nothing. " Britt Assombalonga 13/14 - LW - 2 appearances. RW - 2 appearances. CF - 37 appearances. You were saying?[/quote]

He would be a handful on the left wing.

Apart from one shot over the bar against Man City last season, what did Pilkington do?

[/quote]

Scored more than the Wolf.