Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

The significance of this forum

Has nobody recognized the delicious irony that a thread complaining about threads descending into slanging matches, has itself descended into a slanging match? Or have I underestimated the wit of those involved, and should I be tipping my hat?

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Has nobody recognized the delicious irony that a thread complaining about threads descending into slanging matches, has itself descended into a slanging match? Or have I underestimated the wit of those involved, and should I be tipping my hat?[/quote]I''m afraid that you are rather missing the point, GMD . Whether there was any "underestimated wit" in this thread is not for me to say. But there certainly was no slanging match. Indeed , over the latter postings, Lake and I were as one in poking fun at another member''s style of contribution. Indeed if you want to see some real puerile slanging matches of the type the OP complains of, you could indeed do a lot worse than look up some of this particular member''s past postings. Pretty much any thread in which he''s involved quickly descends into bile and vitriol.