Anthony Mcnamee - Free Transfer

Simeon Jackson - Free Transfer

Chris Martin - Free Transfer

Oil Johnson - Free Transfer

Aaron Wilbraham - Free Transfer

Andrew Crofts - 500k

Leon Barnett - 800k?

Grant Holt - 2 million

We''ve seen a promotion winning side depart for next to nothing, yet some fans seem to think Ross McCormack is suddenly worth 8-10 million? I''m concerned. Very concerned.

[quote user="Ice Cold Pineapple Soda"]Interesting, but what is your point? Most of those are lower level Prem talent at best. Many not even that.[/quote]

None of them are lower prem talent.

And I think the point is we don''t need to spend huge amounts on players to get promoted! It is also a very interesting piece. They were all influential in us gaining promotion to the premiership but most ended up worthless. Apart from Chris Martin, all of the careers of the players mentioned have go down hill too.

Will be interesting to see how Kory Smith gets on at Bristol City. They have been on the up since Steve Cotterill''s appointment as manager, I expect Smith to do well there, he is certainly an ex canary whose career I will follow with interest. Thought he was a good player for us and was still young when he left.

[quote user="STAN"]Zak Whitbread - Free Transfer Elliott Ward - Free Transfer Marc Tierny - Free Transfer Simon Lappin - Free Transfer David Fox - Free Transfer Korey Smith - Free Transfer Anthony Mcnamee - Free Transfer Simeon Jackson - Free Transfer Chris Martin - Free Transfer Oil Johnson - Free Transfer Aaron Wilbraham - Free Transfer Andrew Crofts - 500k Leon Barnett - 800k? Grant Holt - 2 million We''ve seen a promotion winning side depart for next to nothing, yet some fans seem to think Ross McCormack is suddenly worth 8-10 million? I''m concerned. Very concerned.[/quote]

You''ve m missed out 1 special ingredient Stan..................... Paul Lambert.

They were a bunch of average individuals who formed a great team, under a great leader.

Palace and Burnley didn''t spend much on assembling their promotion teams either.

Then you have Leicester who were spending big money on big name players for five years before they finally got promoted.

The lesson to be learnt here is that spending big money on players is not a guarentee of success, as we already know from last summer when we bought Fer, Redmond, Hooper, and Van Wolfswinkel, and then got relegated.

We just have to hope that Adams knows how to build and manage a team. Most managers, and most fans even, can pick a good player - Hughton could pick a good player, but he struggled to build a team. Even Roeder had a good eye for a player.

We have to hope that Adams can build a new Norwich family.

Not sure what your point is really STAN.

Are you saying that we should have kept those players?

McNamee is available on a free after being released by Woking, he''s about three stone overweight but he played a very minor role in our promotion 3 years ago so we should sign him up?