Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

NCFC 'Executive Board' confirmed

I understand and have no problem with the club taking their time, and also can see the logic in the Martin appointment.....but, doesnt stop me being in the "under whelmed" camp, as I just feel we needed a bigger intake of big time experience rather than a couple of guys who ran what in effect is the Youth team set-up..........they do get my full support of course and it doesnt change my opinion that we will still bounce straight back up.

if you think Ricky Martin is a cheap option or bad choice then you''ve never met him, top bloke and great choice.

Just don''t get this structure.

If all fails and we have to remove part of the team such as the manager who will want to be part of a set up so unique in the British league.

Their will be a point when this structure fails or some one moves on and I just don''t see how it is sustainable.

Good luck to them all but this is not the set up or personnel I hoped would have been in place to take us back at the first attempt. I bloody hope they can do it and I expect big things after the terrible attempt we had the season we dropped with worthy. There is no question we have had to learn lessons and we need to be strong from day 1 , no excuses and I am afraid no time. We have to perform and get the results, forget good effort, it is results only that count. Maybe this group can get it but it is not the route I would have hoped we had taken

Not a unique structure really, Joe Royle as ''consultant'' is unusual but certainly not unheard of - probably not under that title but I suspect if Adams was to leave so would Royle. At Southampton there is Les Reed who acts like Royle probably will here.

Pretty every much Premier League club has a Technical Director, with varying degrees of power and most managers would expect to work with someone similar - whether called a head of development or something similar.

To me, it looks a very robust group - obviously Adams lacks a lot of experience but he has Royle to help with that side of things and having Martin there means he can concentrate on match preparation rather than other more ''technical'' aspects.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Not a unique structure really, Joe Royle as ''consultant'' is unusual but certainly not unheard of - probably not under that title but I suspect if Adams was to leave so would Royle. At Southampton there is Les Reed who acts like Royle probably will here.

Pretty every much Premier League club has a Technical Director, with varying degrees of power and most managers would expect to work with someone similar - whether called a head of development or something similar.

To me, it looks a very robust group - obviously Adams lacks a lot of experience but he has Royle to help with that side of things and having Martin there means he can concentrate on match preparation rather than other more ''technical'' aspects.[/quote]I am not sure Royle would necessarily leave if Adams did. He has long-standing ties to Norwich as much as he has to Adams. We shall see what we shall see, but overall the structure and personnel look stronger on paper than last season''s lot, at least based on how last season''s lot performed in practice.Adams'' lack of experience is balanced by the presence of Royle, Gary Holt and the new head of recruitment. A great deal of football knowledge there.I remember a Guardian journalist waxing lyrical last season about Fulham''s knack of finding good young players. It is unfair to judge Chester on the failure of van Wolfswinkel, because there were some good acquisitions, but Simmonds looks to have a good track record.

I don''t think it''s much different to the real world. You advertise to see what kind of candidate you attract, and even after you interview, sometimes you realise that the internal candidate would be the best for the job.

This worries me, for many reasons. IMO lacks man management skills and is a puppet appointment.

C''est la vie!

simply"..here will be a football management board in place, which will include

McNally, the technical director and a director of recruitment, who is

also yet to be appointed.

"The technical director will deal with all the things

important for preparing players, but will allow the manager to

concentrate on the coaching of the first team," said McNally.

"The technical director will look after a whole host of things. It will

include, and this is by no means a comprehensive list: the academy, the

training ground, the infrastructure, medical, physiotherapy,

conditioning, fitness, nutrition, hydration, rest, well being,

behavioural standards
"

now

we have a director of recruitment - Barry Simmonds

yet the numpties are still squeaking

so we have scoured the market for best manager and tech director and found that we had the best in house already.

with such talent already at the club how come we find ourselves in the champs???

[quote user="A Gay Schoolboy"]What happened to the idea that the technical director was going to impliment a ''Norwich way'', a style of football that would transcend the tenures of individual managers? There''s no mention of anything like that in the press release, or even of Martin having any input on signings and coaching beyond fitness work.[/quote]

Do your homework before you mouth off mate. The Technical Director was NEVER meant to have any input on signings - McNally said that from the off. The TD''s job is to do all the non-coaching football work around Colney and Carrow Rd, allowing the coaches to coach, whilst the Head of Recruitment (Barry Simmonds) has an input on signings.

[quote user="Ray"]This worries me, for many reasons. IMO lacks man management skills and is a puppet appointment.

C''est la vie![/quote]

What on earth do you mean, lacks man management skills? The Technical Director isn''t meant to be man-managing anyone - that''s Neil Adams'' job as the head coach.

Ricky Martin has done an excellent job as Academy Director - culminating in his academy players winning the FA Youth Cup. He obviously knows what he''s doing, having coached many of these players over the last 10 years since he joined in 2001/2. He also knows the club, the academy and colney inside out.

He does not need to be a big name, or a good man-manager, or any of that sh*t, because that isn''t his job.

The proof will be in the pudding.......let''s see where we are 10 games into the new season.

Then I''m sure judgement will be made concerning the club appointments - and whether they were/are, good or bad......

ManCanary,

Have you seen the job requirements? They include overseeing many things, which will obviously include dealing with people that report directly to him and getting people to do things to ensure all runs smoothly, that means man management and interersonal skills are needed, which you choose to describe as "any of that sh*t"! Well that''s your choice but IMO they are key.

Whether an individual has these in abundance or not is a personal opinion, which is why I went out of my way to make it clear that my opinion was just that, a personal opinion.

Furthermore, at no stage did I bring into question anything Ricky has achieved at the Academy, with the help of others of course. Nor did I suggest a big name was needed, so why you have brought this into the debate, is beyond me.

Ray,

I took "man-management" to mean management of players - so that''s just a misunderstanding, apologies.

But just wondering, how do you know he''s not a good man-manager of non-football staff? Do you have connections with the club, or experience of working with him? I''m not trying to sound challenging or aggressive with this - I''m genuinely interested.

Hi MancCanary,

I had a feeling you may have done, as you mentioned it was NA''s role. No probs.

I think Ricky has done a sterling job, just not sure this step up is the right move for all concerned, just my opinion of course and I sincerely hope he goes from strength to strength allowing me to amend my opinion, which I shall have no trouble doing.

Appreciate your genuine interest, but feel to answer your questions could be unproductive, hope you understand.

[quote user="Ray"]Hi MancCanary,

I had a feeling you may have done, as you mentioned it was NA''s role. No probs.

I think Ricky has done a sterling job, just not sure this step up is the right move for all concerned, just my opinion of course and I sincerely hope he goes from strength to strength allowing me to amend my opinion, which I shall have no trouble doing.

Appreciate your genuine interest, but feel to answer your questions could be unproductive, hope you understand.[/quote]Ray, it may work differently in practice but the job description doesn''t sound disimilar to the kind of technical work Ricky Martin has been doing until now. If Martin was being promoted to director of football then I would understand your concern. But that job, albeit with another title, is effectively occupied by Joe Royle, who is more than qualified.

Ray - OK no problem, we''ll just have to see.

But I''m afraid i really don''t understand your "to answer your questions could be unproductive, hope you understand." comment. Sounds a bit needlessly mysterious?! If you work for the club just say so.