Sign in to follow this  
Canary fun and games

Little ole Norwich is alive and kicking

So the exodus has begun. Dave Watson, England coach and Snoddy our POT gone already

A radio commentator for a gaffer.

So much for wanting to get back at the first chance.

Little ole Norwich is without doubt alive and kicking

good job Watson went as ruddy never got on with him also snoddy was very poor last season £8 million for a guy with such little ability is great business

Yeah little Ole Norwich, getting a really good return on an average winger with a year left on his contract!! We will be much better going coward without snodgrass!!

The Snodgrass debate continues.

Which ever way supporters fall not many Canary fans would be over the Moon if the Club had just forked out £8m for him ... knowing what they know about him after two seasons. Our gain, Hull''s loss in this case.

Good little player but not worth £8m and his greed cost us at times nb. THAT penalty, to say nothing of so many of those corners and blind runs.

Thats how it is Cfun. Too many people on here are quick to turn on top players when they leave and pretend they were low quality, low character when they were here.

Sure, they miss scrubs who were liabilities, but the real talent that draws interest from similar or bigger teams must be forgotten once they leave. Ashton was a greedy jerk but Doherty was god-like. Holt is gone and good riddance to him but oh my we do not want to see RVW go because he will come good. Eff off Snodgrass, oh my how I miss Chris Hughton.

It''s the li''l Norwich mentality stuck in some folks'' small time mindset. We don''t deserve heroes so when they leave we pretend they were never really one of us.

To be fair, I don''t see many dismissing Snodgrass.Most seem to be of the opinion that it is a great bit of business for a player with one year left on his contract (I presume he didn''t want to sign a new one)And personally I think the playing style has to change, Snodgrass dictated too much how Norwich City played.

An excellent piece of business.

More than happy with the outcome.

If he had stayed he would have had to drastically change the way he played to suit the attacking mentality we are told is coming, and that would have been extremely difficult for him.

I will watch his progress at Hull with interest.

Snodgrass had a year left on his deal, we got a good fee.

But I partially agree with the OP, I am getting little Old Norwich vibes too.

Kyle Lafferty is the type of player I''d have expected Ipswich to sign under Roy Keane.

Was deemed too rubbish for the Swiss league, was mediocre in the SPL, singled out as a poor performer for Northern Ireland (who hardly have a large pool of talent to dive into).

My initial optimism is waining too. I just hope that we make a good signing or two before we have to wake up to the news that Leroy Fer has joined Everton.

I do believe many have a higher than deserved opinion of Norwich''s status in the football world.

I don''t necessarily think the club or its supporters are small minded but agree that many are not as ambitious as others.

I believe the media and supporters of other clubs tend to brand Naaaaridge as sleepy town and the farm connection, two thumbs etc.

And I believe, in the main, supporters don''t give a toss what the outside world thinks. And that is construed as little.

I believe we are more or less where we should be in the pecking order. On the whole too good for the second tier but not good enough to make the elevation permanent enough to create a dynasty that would alter the club and its supporters thinking to one of us being apart of football''s aristocracy.

For us, it has to be one of meritocracy for the foreseeable future and maybe forever.

[quote user="Ice Cold Pineapple Soda"]Thats how it is Cfun. Too many people on here are quick to turn on top players when they leave and pretend they were low quality, low character when they were here.

Sure, they miss scrubs who were liabilities, but the real talent that draws interest from similar or bigger teams must be forgotten once they leave. Ashton was a greedy jerk but Doherty was god-like. Holt is gone and good riddance to him but oh my we do not want to see RVW go because he will come good. Eff off Snodgrass, oh my how I miss Chris Hughton.

It''s the li''l Norwich mentality stuck in some folks'' small time mindset. We don''t deserve heroes so when they leave we pretend they were never really one of us.[/quote]

This from the person that believes the USA has a pool of emerging quality / talent !!!!!

How I laughed :))

Could it be that we have two binners here ??/

OP and the yank plastic ?

I don''t think Adams'' wording has done us any favours with regards to the ''little old Norwich'' theory."He’s one that we would have liked to have stayed to be part of our squad

in the Championship as we aim to get promoted, but the financial

figures involved have made it a deal which we had to do."That implies that if people come in with good money, we''ll sell our best players, which directly contradicts what the board said in the wake of relegation. It might have been wiser from a PR perspective to say that the offer of Premiership football was too good for Robert to refuse, and with only a year left on his contract it was a very lucrative offer that will enable us to further strengthen our squad.If we did get the £8m figure that''s been touted, it''s an excellent deal. I would expect the board/media team to now reassure us that all this money will be given to Neil to directly reinvest in the first team squad... if they don''t, maybe we are reverting to the dreaded ''prudence with ambition''.

An innocent "see ya soon" or is Gary Hooper off as well? https://twitter.com/HOOP588/status/483698877393281024

[quote user="foxruels"]An innocent "see ya soon" or is Gary Hooper off as well? https://twitter.com/HOOP588/status/483698877393281024[/quote]Let''s hope it''s innocent, although with us having signed two strikers already I fear the worst. Loads of people have tweeted him to ask, so the longer he goes without quashing it the more suspicious it will look...

Having a player leave us for Hull is always going to be a bit of a kick in the Jacobs regardless of the loot involved.

Yes they''ve got yet another nefarious foreignish owner with plenty of coin but it relly is a thoroughly wretched place to go and watcha game of football, still that''s Snoddy''s problem not ours.

I suppose I''d have felt a bit happier if one or two that we would really like to see gone had already headed for the revolving door but as has been mentioned, £8m is handy in the Chumpionship

This from the person that believes the USA has a pool of emerging quality / talent !!!!!

Could it be that we have two binners here ??

You and who else? The US doesn''t have a pool of emerging talent?

OP and the yank plastic?

You and the OP are binners. Ok.

[quote user="Canary fun and games "]It seems so long ago we had the glory days of Paul Lambert[/quote]It seems so long ago since you called yourself....Waveney Canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley / Thorpe End Canary / River End Canary / Marvin Fairlady / Mike Hunt / Lowestoft Canary / Norwich4life / Herr Flick / Humpty the canary / Newton / Wizard of Waveney / Canary fun and games....

Tit....

[quote user="Canary fun and games "]So the exodus has begun. Dave Watson, England coach and Snoddy our POT gone already

A radio commentator for a gaffer.

So much for wanting to get back at the first chance.

Little ole Norwich is without doubt alive and kicking[/quote]

alertCAUTION !binneralert

(click above alert for warning)

[quote user="foxruels"]An innocent "see ya soon" or is Gary Hooper off as well? https://twitter.com/HOOP588/status/483698877393281024[/quote]i hope he does p155 off i have never taken to him, mind you he will be lucky to be seeing snoddy in the prem [:D]

[quote user="Ice Cold Pineapple Soda"]This from the person that believes the USA has a pool of emerging quality / talent !!!!!

Could it be that we have two binners here ??

You and who else? The US doesn''t have a pool of emerging talent?

OP and the yank plastic?

You and the OP are binners. Ok.[/quote]

I am starting to think that this " septic " is just another " nom de plume " of Waveney .

I am claiming my ten pounds !

Very surprised that the OP got his finger out of his r sole for long enough to post.

Oh diddums, did someone''s favourite player leave?

Dry your eyes mate and pick that dummy up off the floor!