Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Darren Huckerby

Looking across the room I just spotted the front cover of Huckerby''s book. He is wearing his Norwich kit. Huckerby found his home with us and obviously supports the club now and continues his associations. To us it is natural he is pictured in a Norwich strip, but my question is this: Most players are associated with a main club, for instance in whose kit would RvP appear? Arsenal''s or Man Utd''s? Do you think the general football world think ''Norwich'' when they picture Darren Huckerby? Or do you think general football fans would remember him for a different period - his wonderful goals for Coventry for instance? We claim him as ''ours'' but does the general footballing world?

He also had a second cover for the book for Coventry fans, he has 2 clubs in his heart so I guess Coventry fans see him in the same light as we do. I would probably say since he stuck around here and still works for our club the footballing world sees him as Norwich supporter.

As for RVP I still see him in an arsenal shirt

Yes, people could choose whether they wanted the Coventry cover or the Norwich one.

Here is the Coventry one: http://www.ccfpa.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Hucks.jpg

Coventry has a place in Huckerby''s heart.. but he''s a self proclaimed Norwich City fan.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="wcorkcanary"]perhaps the oranje for RvP, nice to diss both the red clubs.[/quote]And, nice and conveniently, don''t Diss play in orange too ?[/quote]

No, they play in tangerine.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]We claim him as ''ours'' but does the general footballing world?[/quote]

Didn''t realise there was a general footballing world.  Thought football stopped at the ring road.......

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Whenever I''m out if the fine city and tell people I support Norwich, they excitedly shout "Jeremy goss and Delia" at me![/quote]Not  "Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood " then ?Funny, that........

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="wcorkcanary"]perhaps the oranje for RvP, nice to diss both the red clubs.[/quote]And, nice and conveniently, don''t Diss play in orange too ?[/quote]

[/quote]No team plays in Orange,  Blackpool play in tangerine, Wolves play in Old Gold and Hull play in amber !

[quote user="swindoncanary"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="wcorkcanary"]perhaps the oranje for RvP, nice to diss both the red clubs.[/quote]And, nice and conveniently, don''t Diss play in orange too ?[/quote]

[/quote]No team plays in Orange,  Blackpool play in tangerine, Wolves play in Old Gold and Hull play in amber ![/quote]Why? Did the Dutch put some sort of copyright on the use of the word ''Orange'' ?What is the official name for the colour that Watford play in ?  And what is ''old'' about the gold of Wolves''s shirts ?

I did hear, a few years ago, Darren Huckerby on BBC Cov & Warks talking on a Cov. city feature the seaon they went down to League One.

The presenter said that Norwich had bounced back up, why couldn''t Coventry and Huckerby gave Norwich in a very positive light syaing it was getting sell-out crowds in Leage One, it was financially well run, after McNally was appointed and owned their own ground.

I did feel a bit smug as I drove towards through Coventry !