Sign in to follow this  
Carrow Road

"Yes, i have been given number 20 , guess it's just a number"

Think this just about sums up where We are with wolfswinkel. I personally think it''s a shame that we can''t seem to or want to accommodate him this season. He seems keen to prove himself yet he seems to be less rated than lafferty/grabban. He had one bad season, many strikers off the continent have done that and I personally think we will be missing a trick to cash in too early!

would be a bit embarrassing to give him number 9 after just 1 goal. I hope he comes on as a sub throughout the season and gets his confidence back then some goals.

or just sell him for a few million abroad.

Tit. Part 2.

Well said Lincoln, never thought I would agree with you[:D]

Doesn''t necessarily mean anything - sounds like he''s a bit peeved at it though - understandably so - especially when new signings come in and take your previous number.

wonder if he doesn''t want to leave - and we''re trying to piss him off to make it happen.

Spot on Lincoln, Top goal scorer in the Chumps is not beyond the realms of possibility, if he gets off to a good start last season will be quickly forgotten and we could have a star on our hands.

Really hope he bags a few pre season.

It''s refreshing to see him not talk about jumping ship.

It genuinely seems to want to succeed here. I think he''s desperate to put last season behind him, and feels it''s morale duty to put things right this year.

I''m probably being far too naive, however I do believes loyalty still exists in a select few.

Probably are being naive Lincoln.

More likely - there''s very little interest in him - certainly no one that will offer more wages than he''s currently on - so his best bet is staying put.

Of course, that could be seen to be being far too cynical :)

Iwan Roberts struggled his first season in Norwich, but went on to become a club legend. But he didn''t lose his number nine..

But it sure would have been nice to see RvW succeed. In Norwich shirt.

If there''s no intent in it then it does seem rather clumsy.

I there is intent then it is still a clumsy attempt to put the player''s nose out of joint.

A strange turn of events which beggars explanation even though these numbers mean little nowadays.

He''s either going or spending the rest of the season with the reserves. I honestly can''t see him playing for Norwich (under Adams) ever again.  

Not sure why but I don''t think I''ve ever been so desperate to see a player succeed as much as Ricky, genuinely hope he stays and that shirt number ends up being his goal tally come May.

Sadly I don''t think he''ll be here come August.

Couldn''t agree more - would love to see him knocking them in for fun. Hope when he gets a game he gets the support he needs from team mates, coaches and fans.

There is quality in there.

Find this dissapointing. Seems that he wants to stay and that maybe we are not so keen. Really think with a fresh start and being a lower league he would be quite an asset to keep.

The reality is he should be the star striker in the Championship where he will be given more room and hopefully we will be a stronger team as opposed to the Prem where we were one of the weaker teams.

If we play the attacking football that Adams professes, it should play perfectly into the play of v Wolf as long as he gets his confidence back.

I do expect that a striker will be going out of the club considering we have signed two, prob Becchio although again with the greater space in the Championship he banged in goals previously

I have a theory...

This has McNally written over it. He''s clearly showing his faith in Ricky. I imagine his train of thought went something like this...

Ricky in the Championship ey? He''ll score shitloads, and suddenly everybody will want his name and number on his back again. Best give him another digit, make up for the loss in revenue from being relegated!

McNally knows!

Whether he is staying or going we will have to wait and see.

But I am at a loss why so many posters think we have too many strikers.

Last season, our squad was just not up to it. Half the time, when subs came on, it didn''t fill anyone with confidence.

It is all about scoring goals and winning matches and although midfield will have to weigh in with their share, it will be the strikers that will take the responsibility.

We will have to ensure this season that we have enough diverse quality throughout the squad so that Plan B can be implemented due to injury, suspensions etc.

And I agree that it would be great to see RVW and Hooper strike up a real partnership and the new boys have to wait their turn.

Under a half competent manager, playing to his strengths, i reckon RVW would score bucket loads in the championship. As it stands our strike force is far and away the most potent in the league. Unfortunately it''s nailed on either RVW or Hooper will be gone by next season. Possibly both. There''s no way they will accept being bit part players in the championship. As Grabban and Lafferty obviously haven''t been signed to warm the bench, and i imagine Loza will be given a chance this season as well. I expect Becchio is another who''s as good as gone, but again he has shown he can score goals for fun in the championship. Ultimately i will be disappointed to see RVW or Hooper leave as i still believe they have the most quality out of the 6 strikers we have right now.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]He''s either going or spending the rest of the season with the reserves. I honestly can''t see him playing for Norwich (under Adams) ever again.  [/quote]

I hope he never plays for us again, but i only have half a brain cell.

If he does play an still cant find the net how long are you all going to keep saying " i want him to succeed".

The pass to no one at Fulham was the last straw for me and that was nothing to do with not playing to his strengths

If he plays and does start scoring then I am wrong...has been known

In my view, the senior players who were least effective last season were Bassong and RvW. I was hoping that an external managerial appointment would have loaned or sold both of these players but was concerned that Adams would not have the stature to do the same. Perhaps, these new squad numbers mean I was wrong in this regard and these players are on the way out.

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Under a half competent manager, playing to his strengths, i reckon RVW would score bucket loads in the championship. As it stands our strike force is far and away the most potent in the league. Unfortunately it''s nailed on either RVW or Hooper will be gone by next season. Possibly both. There''s no way they will accept being bit part players in the championship. As Grabban and Lafferty obviously haven''t been signed to warm the bench, and i imagine Loza will be given a chance this season as well. I expect Becchio is another who''s as good as gone, but again he has shown he can score goals for fun in the championship. Ultimately i will be disappointed to see RVW or Hooper leave as i still believe they have the most quality out of the 6 strikers we have right now.[/quote]IF the squad numbers do mean something, and in particular that Adams rates Hooper ahead of van Wolfswinkel and/or that he thinks the former is more likely to stay/be kept on than the latter then that would be a very good sign.

The pressure has been removed.   He can rebuild his confidence as a squad member without being seen as the main man.   He had a difficult last season - but he wasn''t the only one.   New manager, new ideas, fresh start for everyone.    If he stays he will get his chance - probably from the subs bench - and the rest is up to him.   If he stays and we do ok without him and he is not getting game time he will almost certainly go out on loan.  No problem at all,  just the ups and downs of professional football.     I like his attitude - and I will like it even more if he stays and fights for his place - and if he scores 20 goals plus next season for us he will become a superhero for sticking it out and coming through it a winner.

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]£8.5 million signing loses his shirt and team place to a useless lump from Norther Ireland , good to see Adams is as lost as i thought he would be .[/quote]BINNER ALERT !

BINNER ALERT !BINNER ALERT !

press here

I heard the main reason behind RVW loosing no.9 was that KL wanted 9 or 10 in his contract talks with the club, and they felt it was best RVW drop 9 than Fer 10

So shouldnt read much into it being a farewell gesture to Ricky

This season is gonna be very important for Ricky, in the Championship, I hope he does well and we should give him all the support he needs.