Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Good luck Ricky

If Norwich had gone external and brought in someone who had successfully set-up one of the first EPPP academies in the country and produced an U18 Cup winning team with minimal resources everyone here would be very happy to hear it.

Because he was already at the club so many are quick to bemoan it. Just because he''s internal doesn''t mean he is a low quality candidate.

[quote user="SYG"]Blind leading the blind[/quote]

So few see it. Next season will be one of the worst in our history. We are doomed big style.

Adams and his band of fools will be gone by end of September and then and only then will our season start

Looks like the club feel very proud about tat Under 18''s cup win last year, now the top 2 staff are as a result of that and the players from the team are starting to get first team reckoning. I just hope they are right to make a lot about the cup win but it seems a massive gamble going on one Under 18''s cup win as our strategy to get promoted again. Far too often, U18''s and U21''s football are miles apart.

Canary fun, I see it but I also see several other scenarios including us being promoted. It''s hard to judge at this early stage how it will all pan out. The transfer window is crucial. If we come out if it with Jordan Rhodes and still have the likes of Fer then i''ll be very positive about our chances under Neil. The youth provide the unpredictability. The Murphys are no doubt the most talented outfield youth players we''ve had for a while but they have as much chance of drifting into non-league now as they do becoming multi million international players. There is a lot finer line than some people think.

[quote user="Canary fun and games "][quote user="SYG"]Blind leading the blind[/quote]So few see it. Next season will be one of the worst in our history. We are doomed big style.

Adams and his band of fools will be gone by end of September and then and only then will our season start[/quote]

Life goes on day after dayHappily trolling away

So ferry ''cross the Waveney''cause Lowestoft''s the place I loveand here I''ll stay

People they rush everywhereAll talking out of their rear

So ferry ''cross the Waveneyand always take me thereThe place I love

People around every cornerThey seem to smile and sayWe don''t care what your name is boyYou change it every day

So I''ll continue to sayA tw@t I always will stay

So ferry ''cross the Waveney''cause Lowestoft''s the place I loveand here I''ll stayand here I''ll stayHere I''ll stay

It''s not just the Youth Cup win. It could be argued that the U21s secring Premier League status for next season was a bigger achievement. And as Beth said the successful transition to Cat One status and success that followed would have raised Ricky''s profile in the wider game.

Ricky was the obvious choice for this role. Both McNally and Adams know him well, know his potential, trust him and rate him highly. Big advantage.

With a committee made up of Mcnally,Adams,Martin and the new guy from Fulham it''s easy to see who will get their own way!

Mr Mac finally getting ALL the control he wanted.

I only hope  he is as good as he thinks he is.

[quote user="The Butler"]With a committee made up of Mcnally,Adams,Martin and the new guy from Fulham it''s easy to see who will get their own way!

I only hope  he is as good as he thinks he is.[/quote]

Surely as chief executive charged with running the club he already had overall control Buttles.

And the way he has turned this club round shows he is that good...

[quote user="The Butler"]

With a committee made up of Mcnally,Adams,Martin and the new guy from Fulham it''s easy to see who will get their own way!

I only hope  he is as good as he thinks he is.

[/quote]

Hell in a hand cart we are going to hell in a hand cart. I didnt think it could get worse tham under hapless hughton. How wrong was I.

Well Buttles I most certainly think he is as good as he thinks he is.

I hope he has got full control, he certainly didn''t have last season!

[quote user="Canary fun and games "]

So few see it. Next season will be one of the worst in our history. We are doomed big style.

Adams and his band of fools will be gone by end of September and then and only then will our season start

[/quote]

And of course if you are wrong no doubt another change of username or yet another account will be the order of the day.

[quote user="Canary fun and games "]

[/quote]

Village!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Butler"]With a committee made up of Mcnally,Adams,Martin and the new guy from Fulham it''s easy to see who will get their own way!

I only hope  he is as good as he thinks he is.[/quote]

Surely as chief executive charged with running the club he already had overall control Buttles.

And the way he has turned this club round shows he is that good...

[/quote]

A very sweeping statement Lapp

Bowkett arranged the finances to buy us time

Lambert created three years of successful teams that brought us the money to fullfil our financial commitments.

So not all down to our CEO.

He has for sometime wanted closer control of the playing staff, hence arguments with one board member who saw this a their role.

As I said, lets hope this committee works in a democratic fashion and not as yes men.

[quote user="The Butler"]So not all down to our CEO.

He has for sometime wanted closer control of the playing staff, hence arguments with one board member who saw this a their role.[/quote]

Of course our success was not all down to him but he did play a huge part in it, he did after all, appoint Lambert.

I''m struggling to understand what you mean when you say "wanted closer control of the playing staff". Do you know this for a fact or are you just assuming it to be so? If it is indeed fact, you have named McNally so there is no reason to keep the board member''s name anonymous. And again when you say "control" are you seriously suggesting he has input into team selection or tactics?

Agreed, the club''s CEO McNally did play a huge part in earlier success. The CEO has to make the decisions and accept the ultimate responsibility for those decisions and, as such, he also played a (disastrously) huge part in our relegation from the Premiership.

You would have thought even the bitter and twisted old codgers would want to wish Ricky well but I guess a chance for a bit of Delia and McNally bashing was too good to pass up...

Congrats Ricky, a good man for this job.

Lets be clear here, RM has been doing a great job as Academy director for many years and has presided over its growth and development.

His CV extends far wider than the recent FA Cup success, he is a Norwich man through and through, lets see that as a positive eh, rather than an opportunity to knock our own guys.

Congratulations Ricky and every success mate!!

I reckon the best man got the job and it''s a good luck from me.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]You would have thought even the bitter and twisted old codgers would want to wish Ricky well but I guess a chance for a bit of Delia and McNally bashing was too good to pass up...[/quote]

I assume the twisted and biitter bit was referring to yourself

No mention by me of Delia or bashing anyone

Just because I don''t leap up with enthusiasm at every appointment does not mean I don''t fervently hope they are a massive success.

Time will tell as with all things.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]You would have thought even the bitter and twisted old codgers would want to wish Ricky well but I guess a chance for a bit of Delia and McNally bashing was too good to pass up...[/quote]

Just because I don''t leap up with enthusiasm at every appointment does not mean I don''t fervently hope they are a massive success.

[/quote]

That''s two wrong assumptions then! The Delia bashing was the other old duffer[;)]

You don''t have to be enthusiastic over the appointment to wish Ricky well. Which was all this thread was about. You could have started another one to carry on your crusade against McNally.

Now eat yer Snickers....

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

That''s two wrong assumptions then! The Delia bashing was the other old duffer[;)]

You don''t have to be enthusiastic over the appointment to wish Ricky well. Which was all this thread was about. You could have started another one to carry on your crusade against McNally.

Now eat yer Snickers....

[/quote]

I do wish him well, I think I have made that very plain. Nice chap and works well with Adams.

I have NO crusade against anyone, that includes McNally so don''t add that to the list.

Having met him several times I think he can be "a bit of a control freak" BUT if it works out then everyone will benefit.

Lets wait and see and hope that in a few months time we have all forgotten the last two years and Neil and company has put a smile on all City fans faces.[:D]