Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Snoddy, Rhodes and McCormack

If we got the reported 7-8 million for Snoddy, surely the two strikers being linked with us must be worth us paying similar money for proven goal scorers in this division. At least CH is no longer here to ruin them.

Perhaps Leeds would take their striker on our books back in part exchange?

Bit of a shame we didn''t offer Snodgrass to Liverpool. They''d have probably given us about £25m for him.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Blackburn are asking 10 million for Rhodes !
[/quote]

He''s worth it imo.[Y]

The best thing about this deal for me is that this surely puts doubt into NA if he was thinking of selling Hooper. What price would Hooper command if McCormack is £11m and who would pay it? Plus who will we get in to replace Hooper if prices are as silly as this.

Very glad we haven''t done this deal.

If we paid £10m for Rhodes I''d be happy, could even stretch to £11m. The man is a goal machine and the worst thing he did was sign for Blackburn Rovers who will price him out of any move. He should''ve held out for a Premier League club.

[quote user="itriv"]The best thing about this deal for me is that this surely puts doubt into NA if he was thinking of selling Hooper. What price would Hooper command if McCormack is £11m and who would pay it? Plus who will we get in to replace Hooper if prices are as silly as this. Very glad we haven''t done this deal. [/quote]

Probably wouldn''t find anyone to pay that much for Hooper because he''s coming off the back of a fairly poor season, whereas McCormack had a great season.

Maybe if we''re lucky Harry/QPR would spend silly money him but otherwise I think it''s hard to see us selling him for much more than we paid.