Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Standing by to be shot at !

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Would you take Grant Holt back on a pay as you play basis ?[/quote]

Of course yes, but won''t happen.

Holt is currently training with the Wigan Youth Squad, while the rest of the main squad are on a pre-season trip to Germany, so he''ll more than likely be on the move, but he has a contract and is in commuting distance of  home so doesn''t have to............Sheff Wednesday was a rumour.   

Whilst tempted to say of course not, we must move on...but then, because of the HUGE impact he had on our club, then I would go for it providing he hasnt been on the pies.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Would you take Grant Holt back on a pay as you play basis ?[/quote]given such arrangements don''t exist then why ask ?

Its just some fans have different views on every subject and are entitled to their opinion.

But it is likely we got the best years from him........and I guess we dont want another Jamie Cureton situation on our hands, which could happen.

No. He was a great servant of the club, and just what we needed at the time, but time has moved on, and recently he has not been highly valued by his clubs.

Adams has promised quick, attacking football, and I think that Holty would struggle in this.

That sounds like an old faithful phone kept somewhere in the back of a draw, which you''ve forgotten about until all the clever new phones go wrong, and you dig it out and spend hours trying to get it going again and finding out whether it has any credit left on the card.

I actually see him more as the faithful old sheepdog who is racked with pain and can barely walk. It would be cruel to put him in with some sheep, but you can''t quite bring yourself to shoot him.

Holt apparently available on a  free...............maybe he''ll end up at Carlisle after all.   Would be about the right time for him to have a year or so at his home club before he retires.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="CANARYKING"]Would you take Grant Holt back on a pay as you play basis ?[/quote]given such arrangements don''t exist then why ask ?

[/quote]

I think you''ll find it does... http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/pay-as-you-play.htm

[/quote]And I think you''ll find that it states that is a legal under employment lawIt DOES NOT state that any such contract exists

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="CANARYKING"]Would you take Grant Holt back on a pay as you play basis ?[/quote]given such arrangements don''t exist then why ask ?[/quote]

I think you''ll find it does... http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/pay-as-you-play.htm

[/quote]

And I think you''ll find that it states that is a legal under employment lawIt DOES NOT state that any such contract exists[/quote]Who said anything about a contract?You''re allowed to be wrong City 1st.  Just admit it, for once.  Pay as you play happens.  Get over it. 

maybe an example might helpjust the one will do for the moment

[:D]

If he was one of his horses the vet, and a very large syringe, would have been called years ago.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="CANARYKING"]Would you take Grant Holt back on a pay as you play basis ?[/quote]

given such arrangements don''t exist then why ask ?

[/quote]

[/quote]

And I think you''ll find that it states that is a legal under employment law

It DOES NOT state that any such contract exists

[/quote]

there''s also no law stating we have to drive on the left in this country...your point is?

No such thing as a pay as you play contract?

Apart from the fact that there is, and I can think of several examples such as Woodgate, Owen and Diarra .

Employment Law is very flexible. If both parties agree to a contract on this basis of course they "exist" .

Back to the original question.

No.