Sign in to follow this  
Jammy Yellow

Positive stuff from Adams

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_will_not_be_found_wanting_ahead_of_championship_kick_off_1_3674290

So far so good from Neil in respects to what he is saying. All credit it to him in how he has handled a massive step up and i for one am really looking forward to this coming season. Yes i know we are championship now but Im glad he has the belief in not only the players but his self and his backroom team in order to get us back to the promised land.

Bravo Neil

I''m also encouraged about the way the pre-season is shaping up. It''s worth reading the Pink''un article about Ricky Martin''s role and that of the Head of Recruitment as well. I wonder how different this is really. Is this what Gary Karsa was doing under Lambert? I''m glad to see Adams concentrating on the football rather than that and everything else as well and it''s good to hear how hard the players worked in triple sessions last week and how fit they are already. That''s hugely important in the modern game. I also like the more direct involvement of the Director of Recruitment and McNally himself, who I''m sure won''t interfere with Adams'' football decisions like some Director of Football gurus do at other clubs. The proof will be in the results this season, but it looks good to me.

[quote user="Jammy Yellow"]

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_will_not_be_found_wanting_ahead_of_championship_kick_off_1_3674290

So far so good from Neil in respects to what he is saying. All credit it to him in how he has handled a massive step up and i for one am really looking forward to this coming season. Yes i know we are championship now but Im glad he has the belief in not only the players but his self and his backroom team in order to get us back to the promised land.

Bravo Neil

[/quote]

Get Rhodes in then I''ll believe.

Wiz, you can''t just stake everything on one player - it''s about more than one player - the whole team needs to be set up well, to know their jobs, and be sent out with confidence in themselves and to play without fear. It''s no good just signing the most expensive striker in the league. We could sign him and still be crap - look at Blackburn! He''s kept them in the division, but that''s all. It''s about the whole team - and we''ve definitely got a very talented strikeforce for the championship already. Trust me - you will certainly believe in them if we have a good start!

[quote user="MancCanary"]Wiz, you can''t just stake everything on one player - it''s about more than one player - the whole team needs to be set up well, to know their jobs, and be sent out with confidence in themselves and to play without fear. It''s no good just signing the most expensive striker in the league. We could sign him and still be crap - look at Blackburn! He''s kept them in the division, but that''s all. It''s about the whole team - and we''ve definitely got a very talented strikeforce for the championship already. Trust me - you will certainly believe in them if we have a good start![/quote]

At the moment Manc, loose Hoops and we''ll struggle.

I for one would prefere we keep our current crop of strikers. They have had a season to bed themselves into their surroundings and live in Norwich and now should push on with their careers.

I do agree however that we need Rhodes in before Hooper goes. If the rumours are true. Because it will leave Blackburn in a stronger position to haggle for more money, with them knowing we have one striker less. If Rhodes came in, I think he would struggle as much as RVW and Hooper, so would prefere no change.

[quote user="Jammy Yellow"]

I for one would prefere we keep our current crop of strikers. They have had a season to bed themselves into their surroundings and live in Norwich and now should push on with their careers.

I do agree however that we need Rhodes in before Hooper goes. If the rumours are true. Because it will leave Blackburn in a stronger position to haggle for more money, with them knowing we have one striker less. If Rhodes came in, I think he would struggle as much as RVW and Hooper, so would prefere no change.

[/quote]I agree with this. Hooper has an exceptional goalscoring record at this level with a vastly inferior team (Scunthorpe). If he does want to leave and we can get circa £7m for him then bringing in Rhodes would see us roughly breaking even when you factor in the Snodgrass/Lafferty/Grabban transfers. However, if Hoop wants to stay, we should make him our first choice – he will flourish under Adams'' more attacking style.

I would agree with you on that. Let''s just hope that the club do the sensible thing and don''t let him go before getting a replacement in first.

that article doesnt really say a lot of anything does iti really dont have much faith in Adams & co, our first few fixtures arent easy and if it goes how im expecting it wont take long before the pressures on

we cant afford to sleep on replacing him if its not working, look where that got the club

If Hooper goes which is a given imo then Rhodes would be a must.

I believe that the club knows this and is working on it . Rhodes ,Grabben,RVW, Lafferty, Loza should be enough. Becchio remains a strange one tbh. I think that we should keep if he is deemed commited by Adams.

[quote user="Canary fun and games "]The man is a professional broadcaster of course he can spin a message. His record in the prem shows his ability as a coach.

It will all end in tears very quickly mark my words[/quote]

Damn, if only we had got Pep Guardiola in for those last 5 games!

Idiot!

Tbh guys this Canary Fun and Games Binner is a bit of a shit stirring Knob. I dont think he will be here for too much longer

"Mark my words"