Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Adam Clayton any one ?

Adam Clayton is reportedly of interest to Middlesbrough and Norwich City according to the Yorkshire Post.

Clayton has reportedly interested Norwich and Cardiff with his performances in midfield for Huddersfield throughout the season. Brighton and Hove Albion bidded a reported £1 million for his services in January however Clayton opted to remain with the terriers. With Norwich and Cardiff having a wealth of money to spend since coming down and making adjustments to their teams, they appear to still be in the hunt for recruits and as competitive to sign new quality players as possible.

The midfielder last season scored seven goals from midfield for Town and Huddersfield fans voted the near ever-present who made 42 league appearances with 4 cup games for their player of the season. With Clayton being a real fans favourite, a move could be unlikely, but money talks and Norwich and Cardiff have lots of it to capture their man.

Do we need another midielder or is this just paper talk ?

He''s no better than what we have already.

Squad player. He''d basically be Bradley Johnson but maybe we could train him to pass better? For £1m i''d take it or leave it. Hopefully it wouldn''t mean Fer or Tettey leaving though.

I saw three Huddersfield games last season and he looked a decent playmaker. He looked as though he was always involved and could pick a pass.

Some said he was the classiest of the Leeds midfield that all moved out but that is opinion only.

Would he improve our midfield? To be honest, I don''t think we have a real passer in the squad. Howson and Fer and Surman and Wes are run and one twos and Bradley and Tettey do their job in their own way. Fox was good in the Championship and this fella could probably do a similar job.

I look at the two strikers brought in and they look like guys who burst onto passes and through balls and I think we definitely need someone in the squad who can thread the ball as a minimum.

I remember we were linked with him back in May, and as far as I can find he seems to be a better playmaker than anyone we currently have.

Look who Boro are reportedly offloading as makeweight for any transfer :-

It’s been suggested Boro could offer a player as part of any deal for Clayton, who could leave on a free this time next year.

Sierra Leone frontman Kei Kamara and midfielder Jacob Butterfield, who played under Town manager Mark Robins at Barnsley, have been mentioned

Remember them ?

[quote user="Wiz"]He''s no better than what we have already.[/quote]yeh but we wont have what we already have for much longer ;)

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

Only if The Edge, Bono and Larry Mullen Jr. are part of the deal.

[/quote]

You sure about Bono??