Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

so who else is leaving

seems to be lots of chat about whats coming in, not many people acknowledging that snodgrass isnt going to be the only one that goes, do people really think fer, olsson and hooper will be happy playing at this level ? thats going to be one hell of a hole to fill

all this ''we dont to sell'' nonsense will go straight out the window if the player requests a transfer

so far adams signings are relatively unproven which doesnt exactly fill me with hope when it comes to replacing the others

This has been THE big debate since relegation was confirmed. As one of those who want us to retain as many of lst season''s squad as is possible every day without news is a good sign.

There will likely be a high profile exit quite soon now but it doesn''t look as if the floodgates will open. The opposite in fact as there have been many positive tit-bits of late.

do you really believe the rubbish fed from the club via archant ?come on dont be so naive, if a player wants out they will go, they hold the power, contracts mean diddly squat and an unhappy/unwilling player is a waste of wages

even if we keep at them at best they will be gone in january

We will see. If there is sufficient interest and a club willing to pay the asking price they will go. Most of the good ones have at least 2 more years on their deals meaning that unless they act like complete babies or their asking price is met, they will be staying.

[quote user="iron_stan"]do you really believe the rubbish fed from the club via archant ?come on dont be so naive, if a player wants out they will go, they hold the power, contracts mean diddly squat and an unhappy/unwilling player is a waste of wages

even if we keep at them at best they will be gone in january[/quote]

I fail to see what Archant, rubbish or not,  has to do with my assessment of the situation.

Events speak for themselves and so far we have only lost one high-profile player. I expected more and so am now more optimistic than I once was that we will retain the main part of last season''s squad, naïve or not.

Well the ones who would be leaving without a decent fee would have gone by now. We''re back in pre season and they''ve all turned up to stake a place in the side. I''m sure some players will leave but only one decent player has left so far and that was on our terms.

I''m sure there are some the club would like to move on, but no one is biting. Bassong and Becchio jump out as players with no future at the club - problem is, who is actually going to buy them?

I suspect both will leave close to the end of the window when both Norwich and other clubs are a little more desperate. If someone like Burnley, Leicester etc (not those clubs specifically but ones with similar targets) miss on other targets and need a centreback I can see them giving Norwich a call. Wouldn''t be surprised if Becchio heads back to Spain - he''d do well at a mid/lower table La Liga club and would avoid Norwich having to sell to a rival.

If someone expresses much interest in Fer he will go, just not sure many are that interested at the moment. He has a ''failed medical'' and underwhelming season on his CV at the minute, so clubs might feel it is worth waiting until Jan to see if he is the real deal or not.

As for Ricky, if Southampton end up signing Pelle from Feynoord I wouldn''t be surprised if they then make a move for RvW. He''d murder the Dutch League and it would be a good springboard for him to move on somewhere else if he wants. Van Gaal has shown that players from the Eredivise can play for Holland (something that use to be hard to do) and Ricky might see it a good chance to get back into international contention.

Any player determined to leave would have already put in a transfer request by now, and we would know about it - because that''s what always happens.

That just leaves other clubs to come in and make the right offers for the players that we cannot turn down, such as with Snodgrass. I''m sure if someone offers £6m+ for RVW he would be sold, £7m+ for Hooper, £3m+ for Bassong etc etc.

Obviously we have to make sure we get it all done ASAP and get the replacements in ASAP, as if someone makes a proper offer for Fer, Ruddy, Hooper etc too close to the end of the window, we''d either have to say no and risk the player being unhappy, or sell them and risk not being able to get the replacements in quickly enough.

I''m going to predict that we keep RVW, Ruddy, and Hooper, but sell Fer and Bassong.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

I''m sure there are some the club would like to move on, but no one is biting. Bassong and Becchio jump out as players with no future at the club - problem is, who is actually going to buy them?

I suspect both will leave close to the end of the window when both Norwich and other clubs are a little more desperate. If someone like Burnley, Leicester etc (not those clubs specifically but ones with similar targets) miss on other targets and need a centreback I can see them giving Norwich a call. Wouldn''t be surprised if Becchio heads back to Spain - he''d do well at a mid/lower table La Liga club and would avoid Norwich having to sell to a rival.

[/quote]

I wonder what would happen if we got to the end of the window and nothing was happening with Bassong.

Ideally both parties could decide they want to give it another go (well ideally that would happen before the end of the window).

I do think it''s a shame that there seems to be no future for Bassong at Norwich - and he obviously wants out - because it wasn''t that long ago many were hailing him as one of the best defenders we''ve ever had.

MancCanary wrote the following post at 08/07/2014 1:52 PM:

Any player determined to leave would have already put in a transfer request by now, and we would know about it - because that''s what always happens.

Dont be a fool, a formal transfer request is a last resort - the player does that he gets no compo

Bechio, Pilkington, Wolf - there agents will now be deperately attempting to find them a new home  - Pilkington not too bothered as he can run his contract down and leave next summer on a free, demanding a juicy signing on fee from his new employers

Football is a money business linked to contracts only the desperate few formally ask for a transfer

[quote user="MancCanary"]Any player determined to leave would have already put in a transfer request by now, and we would know about it - because that''s what always happens. That just leaves other clubs to come in and make the right offers for the players that we cannot turn down, such as with Snodgrass. I''m sure if someone offers £6m+ for RVW he would be sold, £7m+ for Hooper, £3m+ for Bassong etc etc. Obviously we have to make sure we get it all done ASAP and get the replacements in ASAP, as if someone makes a proper offer for Fer, Ruddy, Hooper etc too close to the end of the window, we''d either have to say no and risk the player being unhappy, or sell them and risk not being able to get the replacements in quickly enough. I''m going to predict that we keep RVW, Ruddy, and Hooper, but sell Fer and Bassong.[/quote]

Very few players do transfer requests these days - even Bale didn''t hand one in when desperate to move to Real. There is no need, they can make the club perfectly aware of their desires and not hand in the request and lose thier ''loyalty bonus''.

Personally I think it would take more than £7m for Hooper - but Bassong would be allowed to leave on a minimal, probabaly a free in the last week of August, if it meant clearing him off the wage bill and the ''buying'' club taking on all his bonus payments etc. The joy of the Championship is Norwich can bring in a loan after the window closes to cover any positions in the short term, so even last day bids for players would be accepted.

I don''t think Bassong will sit in the reserves if he doesn''t move on. I think if he stays we''ll use him. He''s in many ways still our best defender at the club and could be colossal in us getting promoted if he stayed. I don''t recall him ever publicly stating he''s unhappy or anything either. We haven''t rushed out and bought new Centre backs or even tied turner back up to a new deal.

I don''t know what is going on with Turner.

Agree with you re Bassong and would love to see him be a major part of our bounce back to the EPL.......BUT, he was a big CH signing and has history with him, so I would be surprised if he is seriously thinking of staying, but lets see......

Bassong was training with the kids at Colney whilst the rest of the team were in Burton.

He didn''t feature in any of Adams'' squads, not even on the bench (if my memory is correct).

We shall never see him in a Norwich shirt again.

Olsson to West BromHowson to SunderlandTettey, Bassong and Hoolahan also ready to leave