Sign in to follow this  

Embarrassing display, embarrassing result.

Then:-

Grown men crying on the terraces.

Players crying on the pitch.

Scolari  speaking in such suicidal tones that one is left wondering whether euthanasia is legal in Brazil so that he can be relieved of his misery.

"The whole Nation is in shock," opined a glum faced Breakfast Time presenter.

That''s the most embarrassing thing to me, hard-hearted little thing that I am. Besides, I''m a Norwich City (plastic) supporter I''m used to dealing with disappointment after all.

Germany can''t be that good surely? Anybody but the Krauts surely?

Come on the Arg ...... Oranges! Come on Leroy!

On the ball Holland.

I had an unavoidable pre arranged appointment early yesterday evening.  I figured that as it was bound to be a tight game so deliberately did not put the car radio on, finally rolling home to my telly at 9.30.Imaging my reaction when the first thing I was greeted with on the screen was BRA 0-5  GERBit of an anti-climax after that !!

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I had an unavoidable pre arranged appointment early yesterday evening.  I figured that as it was bound to be a tight game so deliberately did not put the car radio on, finally rolling home to my telly at 9.30.

Imaging my reaction when the first thing I was greeted with on the screen was

BRA 0-5  GER

Bit of an anti-climax after that !!
[/quote]

I expect your reaction was that isn''t wasn''t a fact, it was someone dressing one up as opinion.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I had an unavoidable pre arranged appointment early yesterday evening.  I figured that as it was bound to be a tight game so deliberately did not put the car radio on, finally rolling home to my telly at 9.30.Imaging my reaction when the first thing I was greeted with on the screen was BRA 0-5  GERBit of an anti-climax after that !![/quote]

I expect your reaction was that isn''t wasn''t a fact, it was someone dressing one up as opinion.

[/quote]Eh ???Please explain, TC. Only this time in intelligible English ......

Even cheering for the Germans I found it hard work. The most embarrassing display I have seen by a ''top'' team. Luiz, damn right you should be crying. Fred and Hulk have been terrible all tournament, and should never be seen in a Brazil top. Marcelo and Dante. Dog turd.

The only two that came out of it with a modicum of pride is Oscar and Ramires, and even Oscar has been pretty disappointing for most of it.

Neuer. Got a bit worried with some of his charging out in previous games, but he is probably the best goalie out there. Can we snap him up if Ruddy goes?[:$]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I had an unavoidable pre arranged appointment early yesterday evening.  I figured that as it was bound to be a tight game so deliberately did not put the car radio on, finally rolling home to my telly at 9.30.Imaging my reaction when the first thing I was greeted with on the screen was BRA 0-5  GERBit of an anti-climax after that !![/quote]

Similar for me; got in the car about 9.50, turned on five live to find out half-time score. Some Brazilian was talking at length about "this humiliation" without saying the score. I concluded I must have got it wrong, and the game was earlier than I''d thought and finished with Germany winning by 2 or 3 ...

One consequence is that, perhaps for the first time ever, the 3rd place play off match will have some significance. Brazil will have to go all out to win that - especially if Argentina get beaten by Holland tonight.

[quote user="Herman "]

Neuer. Got a bit worried with some of his charging out in previous games, but he is probably the best goalie out there. Can we snap him up if Ruddy goes?[:$]

[/quote]I reckon you might be onto something here Herman. I''m sure old Manuel''s got tired of playing at the Allianz Arena, Nou Camp, Bernabeu, San Siro etc ,and secretly in his heart he wants to play in New York. Just dont tell him that the New York in question  if he played for us would be the New York Stadium, Rotherham.

[quote user="Herman "]Middlesbrough on a Tuesday, November night could be tempting....[/quote]Quite so. I''d been thinking that the luxury metropolis that is Burnley on a foggy January Tuesday night would be the deal clincher, but that''s been cruelly snatched from our grasp.......

Remember back in the late 90s some fans use to sing "It''s just like watching Brazil".  I wonder if that could be sung ironically next season ?

After a couple of choruses we used to lapse into "We all hate Alan Brazil".

Neymar is sh1t i''m sorry he was woeful for Barcelona this season and so over-hyped it''s ridiculous.

And what was all the b0ll0cks at the start with the Brazil team holding up a Neymar shirt. He didn''t bloody die.

Glad they are out over-rated, over paid and over and out.

[quote user="Paul"]Neymar is sh1t i''m sorry he was woeful for Barcelona this season and so over-hyped it''s ridiculous. And what was all the b0ll0cks at the start with the Brazil team holding up a Neymar shirt. He didn''t bloody die. Glad they are out over-rated, over paid and over and out.[/quote]

The last Brazil team to be worth calling world class was the 1970 team, all the teams that have followed have traded on their reputation and not lived up to it, the 1982 team have come closest but they were still not good enough.

I was going to comment on another silly comment on this thread but then I read ''Neymar is s***''.

Well done at showing how bloody little you know about football. Just wow. Try watching football sometime.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Paul"]Neymar is sh1t i''m sorry he was woeful for Barcelona this season and so over-hyped it''s ridiculous. And what was all the b0ll0cks at the start with the Brazil team holding up a Neymar shirt. He didn''t bloody die. Glad they are out over-rated, over paid and over and out.[/quote]

The last Brazil team to be worth calling world class was the 1970 team, all the teams that have followed have traded on their reputation and not lived up to it, the 1982 team have come closest but they were still not good enough.

[/quote]Not quite as simple as that, though is it, TC.?It has connections with some of the more rough debates re NCFC over the last few months. Brazil have given us some of the most entertaining football since 1970, but in this day and age entertainment does not equal success. Arguably, along with Colombia and a few others, they still are providing great entertaimnent, but when they come up across a well oiled machine like Germany, entertainment counts for little.That''s what I mean by my NCFC connection. The debate rages on as to whether fans want old Norwich style entertaining games , or efficient point producing stuff. These days it''s pretty difficult to achieve both at the top level, especially on a small budget. The trouble with Hughton, in a nutshell, is that he produced neither.

As superb as Germany were in front of goal last night, I lost count of how many chances Brazil had in the second half to score - perhaps Germany had become a bit relaxed but surely a better forward line than the Brazilians would have broken the keeper and remarkably actually got back into the game. Holland v Germany final I reckon - both organised, both have thrashed fellow big nations this tournament, both have tactically excellent managers and more players that can hurt than the Argentines.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]A point I made before the World Cup started. Brazilian teams (1958 and 1970 excepted) are always overrated beforehand and even in retrospect. That 1982 team was a case in point. It had some real talent in central midfield, but was weak in goal, in defence, on the wing and up front.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]Argentina have Messi, Brazil have Neymar. Portugal have Ronaldo, Holland have Robben, Germany have a team[/quote]

spot on first wazzock . I feel this a little bit about us under lambert we had a team under hughton it seemed to drift away till it was just snodgrass

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

Not quite as simple as that, though is it, TC.?

It has connections with some of the more rough debates re NCFC over the last few months. Brazil have given us some of the most entertaining football since 1970, but in this day and age entertainment does not equal success. Arguably, along with Colombia and a few others, they still are providing great entertaimnent, but when they come up across a well oiled machine like Germany, entertainment counts for little.

That''s what I mean by my NCFC connection. The debate rages on as to whether fans want old Norwich style entertaining games , or efficient point producing stuff. These days it''s pretty difficult to achieve both at the top level, especially on a small budget. The trouble with Hughton, in a nutshell, is that he produced neither.
[/quote]

It is that simple, Brazil 1970 > any Brazil that followed.

I have no idea why you''ve taken that simple statement and tried to make some stupid point about Hughton, it''s the most ridiculous attempt at agenda shifting there''s been in the history of mankind.

Will Brazil get their name changed with numbers from now on like with 1p5wich?

Bra71l or Braz17?

Some of the goals reminded me of when we got a thumping a few times and the team capitulated. Bassong''s pathetic half-hearted clearance against Man City when we were a couple of goals down already, and Ryan Bennett giving up when Suarez ran in on goal.

Sad to say, but yesterdays events were not as shocking as they could have been because thanks to Hughton I''ve had plenty of experience seeing a team in yellow giving up after getting Mullered

Let''s be honest, Neymar isn''t s**t. That is a given. What is open for debate is how good he really is. To me, I see a 22 year old forward (still not at his peak) that has adapted reasonably well to european football (15 goals in 41 games from a wide position isn''t bad) and is undoubtedly the main guy for his country (35 goals in 52 games).

What he is not is Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo yet. Ask yourself this though, what was Ronaldo doing at the age of 22? Answer? He''d just finished a season of 23 goals in 53 games and was about to embark on his best year at Man U. He was getting over his show pony reputation and honing his talents to use appropriately and effectively.

What was Suarez doing? Scoring for fun in Erdeveise but yet to make a big breakthrough.

As for Messi, he''d just completed his first real great goalscoring season for Barca. 23 in 31 and making his way from a 1 in 2 guy to a goal a game guy.

Regarding Neymar, I think the answer is that this is his critical time now. He could quite easily be up there with the Messi''s, Ronaldo''s and Suarezes in my book but now is the time to start. An effective world cup on a presonal level has been a good start though.

I agree they did go into shock after the second goal went in, and for a team at this level to concede 4 goals in 6 or 7 minutes is just shameful.  They were far worse than us at Man City last season - at least our team retained some organization and were, man for man, playing a much better team.

What is really appalling is their defending for the second goal - CBs completely static giving the Germans a free shot inside the box.

It''s true that in the second half Germany eased off and Brazil had some chances going forward which isn''t really surprising.  Although the Germans were well organized, they certainly do have weaknesses and the scoreline flattered them IMO.  If Brazil could have scored a couple fairly soon after the break the game could have got interesting, but their finishing without Neymar just isn''t that great.

I don''t think the Neymar factor was as big of a deal as losing Thiago Silva. Dante, unfortunately, isn''t the same class and David Luiz has no communicative abilities. While he may be passionate, he doesn''t know how to lead a team.

Hulk should have played where Fred did and Willian should have been playing in Hulk''s position.

tl:dr A stronger defense would have meant less pressure on the strikers and a potentially different game.

Bad times.

[quote user="TCCANARY"], it''s the most ridiculous attempt at agenda shifting there''s been in the history of mankind.

[/quote]Blimey, TC. If you think that is some earth shattering thing that''s never seen before in the ''history of mankind,'' you really must be an even sadder person and lead an even duller life than  I''d   already imagined ! You should get out more.You really don''t do this  progressive informed debate thing, do you ?  Perhaps I''m mistaken ,but I thought that this was supposed to be a Norwich City (remember them ?) message board. I just thought it might be interesting to, as an aside, put a reference to how entertaining various Brazil teams have been, and put it in a NCFC  context. But perhaps that''s too complex a device for you to get your head round....?

[quote user="First Wazzock"]Argentina have Messi, Brazil have Neymar. Portugal have Ronaldo, Holland have Robben, Germany have a team[/quote]

Agreed Waz... and England have Rooney.. this is one of the reasons i think he should no longer be picked for england.. "but he can change a game!!" and if he doesn''t.. the whole team reliant on him.. then what?

a brave manager would leave their best player out for the bigger games.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="TCCANARY"], it''s the most ridiculous attempt at agenda shifting there''s been in the history of mankind.

[/quote]

Blimey, TC. If you think that is some earth shattering thing that''s never seen before in the ''history of mankind,'' you really must be an even sadder person and lead an even duller life than  I''d   already imagined !

You should get out more.

You really don''t do this  progressive informed debate thing, do you ?  Perhaps I''m mistaken ,but I thought that this was supposed to be a Norwich City (remember them ?) message board. I just thought it might be interesting to, as an aside, put a reference to how entertaining various Brazil teams have been, and put it in a NCFC  context. But perhaps that''s too complex a device for you to get your head round....?
[/quote]

You spend time imagining how dull my life is, that''s weird.

We all know what you''re doing, you''re not very self aware and you''re not that clever.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

You spend time imagining how dull my life is, that''s weird.

We all know what you''re doing, you''re not very self aware and you''re not that clever.

[/quote]Wrong again, TC . This inaccuracy is becoming rather regular. You''re embarrassing yourself.I really do not need to spend much , if any, time imagining the dullness of your life . You demonstrate it to all of us each and every time you post your usual carp on this forum. Weird????? Look in the mirror, mate.