Sign in to follow this  
Newton

Houghtons Legacy of our time in the Premier League

[quote user="lake district canary"]Its called discussion.[/quote]It''s called bickering........

English definition of “bicker”

bicker

to

argue

about things that are not

important

:
Will you two

stop

bickering!
They''re always bickering with each other about/over

their

personal

problems

[quote user="morty"]Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......[/quote]

Thats it,  you buy yourself a drink and  have a nap to sleep it off.   In the meantime the board can get back to discussing what it wants to discuss.

[quote user="morty"]Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......[/quote]Go on Morts..Get stuck in with the childish body parts insults. It''s the only thing that you do well.You know you want to !

Oh dear, I am struggling to work out which of you is the most pathetic.Anyway, you two old biddies crack on, perhaps the next topic of discussion could be "Eeeee, the youth of today, no respect"Enjoy your discussion, nobody else will.

[quote user="morty"]Oh dear, I am struggling to work out which of you is the most pathetic.Anyway, you two old biddies crack on, perhaps the next topic of discussion could be "Eeeee, the youth of today, no respect"

[/quote]Come on Morty. You can do better than that. Don''t disappoint us.There wasn''t a single ''t*t'', ''c*ck'' or ''pr*ck'' in that rather dull little rant.Can''t you spice it up a bit.? It is the school summer hols ,after all.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]The fact that you two don''t seem to think this is real life baffles me. If it''s not real life then what is it?[/quote]

Do you spend your time in "real life" being sworn at, being ridiculed for holding an opinion, trying to have a decent conversation with people and being interrupted by total idiots and/or loonies?   I don''t.   I have never been in such a place as this in real life and frankly wouldn''t want to.  Some of the people on here are decent fair minded individuals who you can have a laugh with/discuss with, without any sh*t thrown in - and I wish there were more of them - but on the whole - this place resembles a schoolboy''s playground with bullies trying to rule the roost.  Its a shame some who are old enough to know better didn''t leave that aspect of life behind, when they grew up.     Bullying, ridiculing, belittling, winding up and abuse all goes on, on here - and the only place I have seen that is at school......then not again until I joined this board - and the only reason I joined the board in 2009 is because I was sick of reading the abusive cr*p that was on there at that time.  There are of course some real life aspects to the board, but what friendship and camaraderie there is, is quite often lost in a sea of bitterness and bile.  

Still the place to come to talk about Norwich though! [:D]

[/quote]

No I don''t. And neither does that happen to me on here. This community is part of my life just like off line communities. Like with off line communities I have made many real friends through being part of it. Just like off line communities people on here join together to help the less fortunate whilst enjoying their leisure time. Like offline communities some people exaggerrate or totally lie about their circumstances in order to cause mischief. And just like offline communities there''s a fair chance you will be stuck with the bore who lectures you on how they believe you should live your life. But like with offline communities you can still walk away....

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]The fact that you two don''t seem to think this is real life baffles me. If it''s not real life then what is it?[/quote]

Do you spend your time in "real life" being sworn at, being ridiculed for holding an opinion, trying to have a decent conversation with people and being interrupted by total idiots and/or loonies?   I don''t.   I have never been in such a place as this in real life and frankly wouldn''t want to.  Some of the people on here are decent fair minded individuals who you can have a laugh with/discuss with, without any sh*t thrown in - and I wish there were more of them - but on the whole - this place resembles a schoolboy''s playground with bullies trying to rule the roost.  Its a shame some who are old enough to know better didn''t leave that aspect of life behind, when they grew up.     Bullying, ridiculing, belittling, winding up and abuse all goes on, on here - and the only place I have seen that is at school......then not again until I joined this board - and the only reason I joined the board in 2009 is because I was sick of reading the abusive cr*p that was on there at that time.  There are of course some real life aspects to the board, but what friendship and camaraderie there is, is quite often lost in a sea of bitterness and bile.   Still the place to come to talk about Norwich though! [:D][/quote]

No I don''t. And neither does that happen to me on here. This community is part of my life just like off line communities. Like with off line communities I have made many real friends through being part of it. Just like off line communities people on here join together to help the less fortunate whilst enjoying their leisure time. Like offline communities some people exaggerrate or totally lie about their circumstances in order to cause mischief. And just like offline communities there''s a fair chance you will be stuck with the bore who lectures you on how they believe you should live your life. But like with offline communities you can still walk away....[/quote]

Yes, I know I can be boring, Nutty.....   I also agree that it is a community - a flawed community - as they all are.  You can always walk away from a community - but you can''t walk away from the club you support - and like it or not this is the best place to catch up/discuss things to do with Norwich.    I can''t be on this board and ignore the bile and the visciousness or the "I''m a better fan" stuff that goes on - I''ll face it down whenever it happens, whether its to me or anyone else.  If people want to be vindictive, unpleasant, subversive - thats  fine - but they shouldn''t expect to do that and get away it unchallenged.

Internet forums are quite interesting in that regard. There is a degre of truth in what Nige say, but it''s a bit more complex than that. For example; If you are in the pub and the local bore/wind up merchant is in the bar, you just tend to sit in another part of the pub , or go to another one . It''s not so easy to do on the internet, particularly if it''s a site with a very narrow line of subject matter (in our case NCFC) . I guess we all have a tendency to rise to the bait . You certainly do, Lake, and often so do I .  The big advantage of being on here a long time is that you get to know who the ones with genuine differing opinions are, as opposed to those who are just confrontational for the sake of it, and come out with moronic gems like ''I disagree with everything you say on principle''. Speaking personally, some days I haven''t got the time or simply cannot be @rsed to get in a boring spat with them. Others, when I''m in a more mischievous mood, I''ll get stuck in. The problem with your perfectly reasonable line of thought is whether they are ''challenged'' or ''unchallenged''  appears to make little or no difference to these sort of people. They just carry on regardless, resulting in frustration on your part.