Sign in to follow this  
#

I doubt we'll sign Rhodes.

The fact Klose is 36 and the only poacher Germany have is pretty strong evidence that it is a dying style.

Muller is a perfect example of the new breed of striker, can play out wide, links play but also deadly in the box.

I really don''t believe we need Rhodes, whether Hooper stays or not. We''ve got a couple of really promising young strikers in Morris and Loza, Lafferty looks a bit Holt like. I think we need a strong defender, new RB, and a CM who can spray it about.

Strikers and Wingers we are ok. It''s elsewhere we need strength.

It''s going to be good fun this year. We are everyone''s target scalp, we are really going to have to play very well to bounce straight back. Dish out a couple of early hidings I reckon, get the fear factor in.

Shouldn''t this whole thread be "I doubt we''ll ever see Wiz at Carrow Road for a 1st team game?" Why such an opinion if you can''t SUPPORT your team alleged team??? Answer this please....

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Rhodes is a pure penalty-box striker. If he isn''t scoring, he isn''t contributing. He has to rely on clever movement as he is also not particularly athletic and is not fast enough to outrun a defender nor strong enough to hold one off.  He can''t drop deep and link up the play, nor is he a particularly accurate passer. When you factor in that Blackburn will want more than 8 million for him (and that he is supposedly on Premier league wages) is he really worth it? So far, Adams has signed (and been heavily linked to) strikers that posses extraordinary physical attributes (Grabban and Wilson are both very fast, Lafferty is very tall and broad), is there really any indication that he even likes pure poachers like Rhodes? 
Anyway, poachers are a dying breed at the top level of football. How many pure poachers are left in the Premier League now? Almost all strikers are either athletically or technically talented as well as goal-scorers. More disciplined and better coached defenders means that you don''t get the mistakes that poachers thrive on anymore.
[/quote]

Agree completely. Besides, we already got 2 poachers, in Hooper and RvW.

If used in the right way, I think Lafferty actually will be a more effective player than Rhodes. Reason being that we lack creativity in the middle of the park, as long as Hoolahan is not playing.

Rhodes would be as much of a passenger as Hopper and RvW was last season if we can not provide the strikers with more opportunities to score.

In my eyes, Rhodes is a 4-5 mill striker, providing you got midfielders to supply him, as he will create nada himself.

[quote user="Canary fun and games "]^^^ seriously I am starting to worry about this geezers mental health. His obsession with wiz is getting out of hand.[/quote]

I''m almost certain his username was MTV on another site my friend and he got banned from there for exactly the same antics.

I just ignore the loon.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Canary fun and games "]^^^ seriously I am starting to worry about this geezers mental health. His obsession with wiz is getting out of hand.[/quote]

I''m almost certain his username was MTV on another site my friend and he got banned from there for exactly the same antics.

I just ignore the loon.

[/quote]

You can judge a man by his friends.

[quote user="Herman "]Was that MTV of the morph-suit debacle? [/quote]

Yes, I believe so Herman, his son I think.

Was that MTV of the morph-suit debacle? Ha ha! That was seriously funny. I know sometimes Morty likes to invite people for a drink. But I think this dude wanted to take us all on simultaneously!

[quote user="Johnny Stump"]Was that MTV of the morph-suit debacle? Ha ha! That was seriously funny. I know sometimes Morty likes to invite people for a drink. But I think this dude wanted to take us all on simultaneously! [/quote]Can I just point out (again) that of the many people I have had a drink with from this forum, not one has been beaten up.Yet.[;)]

I''m not a certain MTV, son of or any relation too. Nice try Sherlock but your crystal balls ain''t working!

I just dislike ''pompous'' old moaning gits who claim to support their football team but factually can''t be ars''d to turn up to support their team pitch side.

[quote user="Pitchforks Torches"]

I''m not a certain MTV, son of or any relation too. Nice try Sherlock but your crystal balls ain''t working!

I just dislike ''pompous'' old moaning gits who claim to support their football team but factually can''t be ars''d to turn up to support their team pitch side.

[/quote]Well blass bor, what did I ever do to you?

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Pitchforks Torches"]

[/quote]

Well blass bor, what did I ever do to you?

[/quote]

Oh, I didn''t mean you Bor, I meant those other two bores

[quote user="Canary fun and games "]I am in danger of being repetitive but you are barking. Seriously you need help.[/quote]

And you need? Pot, kettle and black. At least I support NCFC and not bemoan like you and your buddy Wiz at every single opportunity. Pointing our both your moronic posts constantly.