Sign in to follow this  
Joanna Grey

Archant - No one cares!!!

"Norwich City target Callum Wilson looks forward to proving himself at Bournemouth."

Who gives a flying fug about this? Give us real stories (however trivial) about our Club, this is the pinkun not the Bournemouth Echo!!

I''d rather they wrote about that than the damaging articles of ''should we cash in on hooper.''

They should do a dear Deirdre I think instead during this close season time

I suppose that with the football news dominated by Suarez''s fangs, Germany 7 Brazil 1, and whether Robben dived, in the absence of anything concrete coming out of CR, the bigwigs at Archant Towers are reduced to printing this kind of guff.

Why on earth don''t archant run a few specials during pre-season, such as a profile of a player combined with a special one-off exclusive interview? Detailing things on and off the pitch, i.e. fav club growing up, most memorable moment, funny stories, what music they listen to pre-match, any superstitions etc.

Start with someone like Russ Martin, even bring some lesser known youth players in to give exposure.

It''s just all scraps on that front page most of the time.

Even run a weekly review of discussions on the forum on the front page to see what the most debated/interesting point was and maybe add one of the reporters views into it. So much could be done.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Why on earth don''t archant run a few specials during pre-season, such as a profile of a player combined with a special one-off exclusive interview? Detailing things on and off the pitch, i.e. fav club growing up, most memorable moment, funny stories, what music they listen to pre-match, any superstitions etc.

Start with someone like Russ Martin, even bring some lesser known youth players in to give exposure.

It''s just all scraps on that front page most of the time.

Even run a weekly review of discussions on the forum on the front page to see what the most debated/interesting point was and maybe add one of the reporters views into it. So much could be done.[/quote]I shouldn''t imagine the players or staff are available for many interviews right now, they have better things to be doing.People should maybe just accept this.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"].

Even run a weekly review of discussions on the forum on the front page to see what the most debated/interesting point was and maybe add one of the reporters views into it. .[/quote]That sounds a cracking idea, SJT.The only problem I could envisage would be that Morty and his small band of chums would want to control the agenda of what subjects would be discussed by the Archant people . I can''t really see Archant agreeing to this, so various toys being thrown out of Morty''s pram would be the result.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Skijumptoes"].

Even run a weekly review of discussions on the forum on the front page to see what the most debated/interesting point was and maybe add one of the reporters views into it. .[/quote]That sounds a cracking idea, SJT.The only problem I could envisage would be that Morty and his small band of chums would want to control the agenda of what subjects would be discussed by the Archant people . I can''t really see Archant agreeing to this, so various toys being thrown out of Morty''s pram would be the result.[/quote]You''re doing it again Reggie....

[quote user="morty"]You''re doing it again Reggie....[/quote]Yep. Just demonstrating that it''s not just you, TC and a small number of others that can do the nasty, confrontational stuff.You are, after all the one who said, only a few days ago, that you disagreed with EVERYTHING I post , on principle. So I can''t really lose, can I ?

[quote user="morty"]You need help Reggie.[/quote]Rough translation for the rest of the forum;"Reggie, you are someone who has some opinions that are different from mine, and you like to discuss them in a calm, reasoned manner."

Couldn''t possibly comment CFG, as I don''t want to ''see you in court'' .Save to say that, if what you say is true, it seems there are one or two intent on giving you a serious run for your money.

I suppose a reporter sitting in the office on a hot day has to produce something to justify his job on a quiet news day......but have to agree, the Wilson story is a little too far removed to be of any interest to supporters.   Stories about or interviews with ex-players would be more interesting than stuff about players who''ve never even been at the club......

To be honest I find the quality of the majority of the features to be very poor from Archant, particularly considering that the pinkun is probably the site that attracts most hits when it comes to Norwich City.

Even today, we get a piece on our new Head of Player recruitment and it tells you very little. What is probably going to happen though, is that we will see two or three more pieces from the same interview each with a headline and then also telling you very little.

I''d like to see more depth, plenty more interviews and more interesting articles about our club......we rarely hear about the Academy set-up, the Coaches at the club etc.

So much to write about, yet so little written.......sorry to be critical Archant...

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]To be honest I find the quality of the majority of the features to be very poor from Archant, particularly considering that the pinkun is probably the site that attracts most hits when it comes to Norwich City. Even today, we get a piece on our new Head of Player recruitment and it tells you very little. What is probably going to happen though, is that we will see two or three more pieces from the same interview each with a headline and then also telling you very little. I''d like to see more depth, plenty more interviews and more interesting articles about our club......we rarely hear about the Academy set-up, the Coaches at the club etc. So much to write about, yet so little written.......sorry to be critical Archant...[/quote]

Have to agree. That is a really poor article. There is hardly anything about the guy on the web so this was a good chance to find out a bit.

Didn''t we have an Archant guy appointed to the board a year or two back? Is he still in place? I thought at the time that it would give the local press a head-start over the nationals but doesn''t appear to work that way. I think he was appointed around the same time as that Twit(terer) Stephen Fry. Which one is proving to be the greater value?

[quote user="Canary fun and games "]I would like to make it absolutely clear that I am the official numbpty on this board. Anyone taking my crown will result in legal action[/quote]

With spelling like that no one''s gonna argue......[:D]

[quote user="Canary fun and games "]What surprises me is how unconnected they are to the club. Nursey, Dennis, wyett all get exclusives on the club. All archant do is rehash other people''s stories.[/quote]I don''t disagree, but there are a couple of mitigating factors. Print journalism is suffering horrendous staff cutbacks, and I assume this applies to Archant. Secondly, relations between Carrow Road and Rouen Road may possibly have improved but in the past they were frosty, and not conducive to EDP reporters getting exclusives. I don''t know about Wyett, but Mick Dennis''s inside track on what is happening (much of which he can''t write) is a special case.

This thread has gone way off track. I''ll get us back in line.

morty, you''re a bitter, crude jerk who thinks he''s a policeman and this board is his beat.

Reggie, whatever he wrote, that''s not what LDC meant.

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]Didn''t we have an Archant guy appointed to the board a year or two back? Is he still in place? I thought at the time that it would give the local press a head-start over the nationals but doesn''t appear to work that way. I think he was appointed around the same time as that Twit(terer) Stephen Fry. Which one is proving to be the greater value?[/quote]Stefan Phillips. I think he''s still on the board, unless anyone can prove me wrong?

[quote user="Ice Cold Pineapple Soda"]This thread has gone way off track. I''ll get us back in line.

morty, you''re a bitter, crude jerk who thinks he''s a policeman and this board is his beat.

Reggie, whatever he wrote, that''s not what LDC meant.[/quote]Right back on track, well done[Y]

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="danielsroundabout"]Didn''t we have an Archant guy appointed to the board a year or two back? Is he still in place? I thought at the time that it would give the local press a head-start over the nationals but doesn''t appear to work that way. I think he was appointed around the same time as that Twit(terer) Stephen Fry. Which one is proving to be the greater value?[/quote]Stefan Phillips. I think he''s still on the board, unless anyone can prove me wrong?[/quote]He is still on the board of NCFC, but he took early retirement from Archant more than three years ago.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="danielsroundabout"]Didn''t we have an Archant guy appointed to the board a year or two back? Is he still in place? I thought at the time that it would give the local press a head-start over the nationals but doesn''t appear to work that way. I think he was appointed around the same time as that Twit(terer) Stephen Fry. Which one is proving to be the greater value?[/quote]
Stefan Phillips. I think he''s still on the board, unless anyone can prove me wrong?
[/quote]

He is still on the board of NCFC, but he took early retirement from Archant more than three years ago.

[/quote]

thats correct.

at the time there was a lot of negativity from the local press being aimed at the club.. Phillips got appointed to the City board and the neagitivity stopped funnily enough...