Sign in to follow this  
#

Does McNally have too much power now?

Firstly, he''s been great CEO for us, that''s undisputed I would think.

But does the fact that he''s now overseeing transfer policies and in effect a football by committee strategy mean Adams has very little say as to what goes on i.e.. a puppet manager.

So has his power now reached the ''untouchable'' level within the club?

The situation certainly makes me feel uneasy towards him now.[:|]

Transfer governance is unchanged. Lambert and Hughton both had to work with the ''football board'', all that has changed is Ricky Martin is now also a member.

The change from Chester to Simmonds might give McNally a little more sway - Chester was Hughton''s man, while McNally appointed Simmonds at Fulham, but it would only ever be marginal.

He should be given much more power, he''s the only one who''s making decisions that have been consistently correct, the new powers I''d like to see him get are;

Use of the comfy chair in all transfer negotiations.

The end of season ticket holder rights to demand stuff from the club.

Moderation of this forum.

Permission to issue press statements that are deliberately ambiguous. 

The ability to break into any Radio Norfolk transmission to announce anything he likes.

Free crisps at anytime not just a match day.

To name himself as one of the subs.

Challenge any member of the City Stand to Greco Roman wrestling at half time.

[quote user="Wiz"]

Firstly, he''s been great CEO for us, that''s undisputed I would think.

But does the fact that he''s now overseeing transfer policies and in effect a football by committee strategy mean Adams has very little say as to what goes on i.e.. a puppet manager.

So has his power now reached the ''untouchable'' level within the club?

The situation certainly makes me feel uneasy towards him now.[:|]

[/quote]If there was a time when McNally had too much power it was very early on, in the wake of the sacking of Gunn and the hiring of Lambert (in which he was almost certainly the prime mover) and with the successful financial re-organisation (in which he played a part). If there has, as I suspect, been a shift since then it has been to reduce his influence rather than increase it, and I don''t see this new committee changing that. Especially if Royle is not just a mentor to Adams but is also used by the board as a director of football in all but name.

This is an improtant season for McNally...

the Gaffes of last season haven''t been forgotten, neither have the Goreham interviews and the rather clueless end of season interview.

He HAS to ensure he''s got it right this season, if not the finger is going to be pointed again. if he is to keep his job then the club has to hit the ground running.

If Adam''s gets it wrong then I suspect Davey Mac will be moved on and wished well.

That''s a good question and one I am surprised to see so few responses on.

Its difficult without being part of the club to know whether his power has increased, but I suspect considering his job title that his power and decision making authority has been stable throughout his time with the club.

I agree, that this season is a crucial one for him, as I do feel that only an immediate bounce back will keep him in his seat after the under performance last season. I say that because that''s what the club''s expectations must be, and if it doesnt happen then it would be time for a "mutually agreed" departure, just what you would expect in a major company who fail to perform consistently.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]That''s a good question and one I am surprised to see so few responses on.

Its difficult without being part of the club to know whether his power has increased, but I suspect considering his job title that his power and decision making authority has been stable throughout his time with the club.

I agree, that this season is a crucial one for him, as I do feel that only an immediate bounce back will keep him in his seat after the under performance last season. I say that because that''s what the club''s expectations must be, and if it doesnt happen then it would be time for a "mutually agreed" departure, just what you would expect in a major company who fail to perform consistently.[/quote]Why is it such a good question?He is the CEO of the football club, I don''t understand how he can have too much power.Also the theory is based on some kind of assumption that he makes unilateral decisions without board discussion (which he will obviously do on certain matters, but not on big ones)

Nonsense has he too much power, how can you say that when he''s putting in place a higher level management team to overview everything - this means him less having sole decision on things.

Plus he IS the CEO.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]I say that because that''s what the club''s expectations must be, and if it doesnt happen then it would be time for a "mutually agreed" departure, just what you would expect in a major company who fail to perform consistently.[/quote]Amazing! Even if we were relegated to the third division at the end of the season, we would be in a vastly different situation to when he joined five years ago. We would still be debt free and have a squad of saleable assets compared with the precarious position we were in in 2009 and the squad Gunn cobbled together. To suggest he''s removed if we fail to be promoted is just daft.And who would you replace him with?

Lets face it, we all know this is just another, not very thinly veiled, bit of club bashing by Wiz.

[quote user="morty"]Lets face it, we all know this is just another, not very thinly veiled, bit of club bashing by Wiz.[/quote]*Thinly veiled

When does ''having power'' become ''having too much power''. ? Difficult to say. I can see both sides of the argument.One thing I do suspect is that if Mc Nally had presided over a season or two where we had not struggled, stayed in the PL reasonably comfortably, and played some entertaining stuff,  we''d not be having this debate now, and I doubt whether the question would''ve been even asked.

I don''t think there is evidence that he has too much power, although i do think it is an important question. Leeds for example, their chairman has just got rid of their GK Paddy Kenny i understand because his birthday fell on an unlucky number; now that man has got too much power to be making such flippant decisions like that. I think Mcnally is walking a tightrope at the moment following his bullish comments in the media and decisions (along with the board). The fans all agreed once the time for sacking hughton had passed (around February/March), that the only option was to stick with him and they didn''t - we didn''t get anything after that but one point (although this is not a hughton/Adams debate as he obviously received the ''poison chalice'') although not really Adams fault, this went disastrously wrong, it was the wrong decision by a country mile, like everyone said, they should''ve got rid of hughton earlier, or kept him on. The next big decision was appointing Adams after losing out on Malky (not choosing anyone else). This decision for me, is make or break whether he goes or stays. Every decision he and the board made last season was disastrous, as he was fantastic the previous years, lets hope this was just a blip.

Sorry Reggie but that''s a bit of a "no sh!t Sherlock" statement[:D]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]When does ''having power'' become ''having too much power''. ? Difficult to say. I can see both sides of the argument.

One thing I do suspect is that if Mc Nally had presided over a season or two where we had not struggled, stayed in the PL reasonably comfortably, and played some entertaining stuff,  we''d not be having this debate now, and I doubt whether the question would''ve been even asked.
[/quote]

You don''t know the Wiz very well do you?

[quote user="Herman "]

Sorry Reggie but that''s a bit of a "no sh!t Sherlock" statement[:D]

[/quote]Quite probably, Herman. Fair point, but before this thread descends into  yet more rancour, I just thought that it was worth pointing out !

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]I think it is......so, why isnt it a good question?

Just someone having an opinion that it is, that''s all :-)[/quote]Mark. You''ve been on here long enough by now to know that old Rigor Mortis doesn''t do ''other opinions''.  So if he says it isn''t a good question, then it isn''t a good question.Please bear this in mind when making perfectly reasonable well thought out posts in future.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]old Rigor Mortis.....[/quote]That''s a very clever name........Veggie Tayshun. [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]old Rigor Mortis.....[/quote]That''s a very clever name........Veggie Tayshun. [:D][/quote]

So it is, C*ckinitup, so it  is.......

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]old Rigor Mortis.....[/quote]That''s a very clever name........Veggie Tayshun. [:D][/quote]

So it is, C*ckinitup, so it  is.......[/quote]Thanks.......Lame Dipstick.....

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]old Rigor Mortis.....[/quote]That''s a very clever name........Veggie Tayshun. [:D][/quote]

So it is, C*ckinitup, so it  is.......[/quote]Thanks.......Lame Dipstick.....[/quote]

No problem [:P]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Lame Dipstick"][quote user="Cockinitup"][quote user="Veggie Tayshun"]old Rigor Mortis.....[/quote]That''s a very clever name........Veggie Tayshun. [:D][/quote]

So it is, C*ckinitup, so it  is.......[/quote]Thanks.......Lame Dipstick.....[/quote][:D]

[quote user="morty"]Lets face it, we all know this is just another, not very thinly veiled, bit of club bashing by Wiz.
[/quote]

As is your usual thinly veiled attack on me!

Lets face it, we all know it.[^o)]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]Lets face it, we all know this is just another, not very thinly veiled, bit of club bashing by Wiz.[/quote]

Lets face it, we all know it.[^o)][/quote]

Poor Wiz, always the victim.......

http://www.kikiramsey.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Victim_role.jpg

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]Lets face it, we all know this is just another, not very thinly veiled, bit of club bashing by Wiz.[/quote]

[/quote]Well stop being such a fanny then.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"]Lets face it, we all know this is just another, not very thinly veiled, bit of club bashing by Wiz.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmmmm. If McNally has so much power, could he ban Wiz from Carrow Road? Oh hang on....maybe we''ve found the reason for zero attendance, the Wiz has been banned [H]