Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Attention all you lovely PUPs out there.

A few short weeks and the season will be upon us and my good friend Nutty will be starting the weekly PUPs thread which will run throughout the 2014/15 season. I have spoken to him and he is carrying roughly £100 forward for this season so he requires another £300.

Surely you cannot argue that this is the best thread on this messageboard and if we can get at least 30 posters to donate £10 to the cause the job is a good ''un as they say. £10 for a full seasons entertainment is a bargain and is not even 3 pints of beer to give up in order to support Nutty. He works tirelessly week in and week out to make this a success so come on all you lovely people come on board and get some dosh to Nutty. New PUPS,old PUPs ( yes this includes you Kathy [;)] ) and potential PUPS are required.

Nutty can be found in the Nelson after every game for those who wish to donate cash. He also has a Paypal account so I will get him to put details on here. Maybe send him a cheque if you e-mail him for his address is another way.

Thanks everybody for reading this but do not put this plea to the back of your mind......act now in case you forget !

The man himself will be along later this evening with a full explanation of how it operates and all profits go to the CSF.

Now if

you’re reading this and wondering what it’s all about I’ll explain. Many of you

probably notice these threads and assume it''s not for you. Nothing could be

further from the truth. Us PUPs are not an exclusive club. Anyone can take

part, it''s free to join in and the only requirement is to post a selection on

each weeks thread.

Here is a

brief run through for anyone who may be interested :-

The Pink

Un Message Board''s Rays Funds Thread: -

These

threads were set up by my good friend Ray Ducker (Arrdee) to raise money for

the Academy. There’s a new thread every week where Pink Un Pickers (PUPs) from

all over the world unite to try and get a winning line of six correct results from

the weekends football fixtures. As from August 2013 we have been raising money

for the Community Sports Foundation. Us PUPs all decided that whilst the

academy has so much investment our funds didn’t make a difference in the way

they had in the past. The football club supported us through the change and

support us the same now as when the funds went to the academy.

How It

Works : -

Every

Wednesday during the season I start the new weeks thread. The ''Pink Un Pickers''

(PUPs) then select their ''nap bet'' for the weekends football fixtures that are

listed on William Hill or Bet365. On the Friday evening the nominated picker

from our PUPs rota selects 6 results from the weeks picks. I then place the bet

and post the bet and the odds on here by the Saturday lunchtime. The PUPs rota

is made up of the previous seasons top 40.

This used

to be sponsored but it''s financed by the PUPs themselves. There is no

requirement to pay to play but obviously we need £400 per season. These

donations are made to me personally or via paypal on canaryeddie@aol.com. This is also the email address

for anyone who wishes to contact me.

Last season

an anonymous benefactor funded a match bet where the PUPs who weren’t  making the final selections last season have

chosen how to spend a fiver on the weekend’s Norwich game. Again suggestions

were made on the thread from which the week’s nominated picker could make a

choice or go with their own.

Have we

won? : -

So far

there have been 54 winning weeks, and 6 more with the match bet, in which we

have won £2038 for the academy and £495 for the CSF making £2533 in total.

There have been plenty of near misses too and the ''Pink Un Pickers'' have had a

lot of fun trying.

Want To

Take Part? : -

Just

register with the Pink Un Message Board and post your very best selection on

the thread which is up every Wednesday during the season. It''s as simple as

that.

Thanks for giving us this plug Tilly.[Y] Just a quick update from me : -

In previous seasons Ricky Martin has looked after us on behalf of our beloved club. I emailed him on Monday extending the PUPs best wishes on his new role and asked if he would still look after our presentations. He replied thanking us and said he was more than happy to carry on. We''ll arrange a date sometime after the club''s tour to Italy to present last seasons funds and I''ll let you all know when it is. I can''t be more specific right now because there are no fixtures for Colney yet. But I''m proud that the presentation will be for £650 because we got a further £160 from those relegation pledges at the end of last season.

Hope you''re all enjoying your summer and am looking forward to seeing you all refreshed and ready to break more records in the new season.

I''m in

Can someone PM the paypal details as living in essex would be easier

You can knock £35 off the target sum as there will be my (very old) tenner plus the £25 Graham Paddon''s Beard gave me for my Norwich programmes.

I''ll give you £30 Eddie, next time I see you (Hopefully at the disabled supporters quiz night)

[quote user="morty"]I''ll give you £30 Eddie, next time I see you (Hopefully at the disabled supporters quiz night)[/quote]They have a quiz on disabled supporters?  That''s niche.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="morty"]I''ll give you £30 Eddie, next time I see you (Hopefully at the disabled supporters quiz night)[/quote]They have a quiz on disabled supporters?  That''s niche.

[/quote][:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

A few short weeks and the season will be upon us and my good friend Nutty will be starting the weekly PUPs thread which will run throughout the 2014/15 season. I have spoken to him and he is carrying roughly £100 forward for this season so he requires another £300.

Surely you cannot argue that this is the best thread on this messageboard and if we can get at least 30 posters to donate £10 to the cause the job is a good ''un as they say. £10 for a full seasons entertainment is a bargain and is not even 3 pints of beer to give up in order to support Nutty. He works tirelessly week in and week out to make this a success so come on all you lovely people come on board and get some dosh to Nutty. New PUPS,old PUPs ( yes this includes you Kathy [;)] ) and potential PUPS are required.

Nutty can be found in the Nelson after every game for those who wish to donate cash. He also has a Paypal account so I will get him to put details on here. Maybe send him a cheque if you e-mail him for his address is another way.

Thanks everybody for reading this but do not put this plea to the back of your mind......act now in case you forget !

[/quote]I can thoroughly recommend taking part. I used to to have sand kicked in my face by muscle-bound beach bullies. Since joining the fun I have had the Power of the PUPs to protect me from the sand-kickers.

Thanks everyone for your pledges and donations. I''m really pleased so many are up for this. Especially pleased that it looks like there''ll be some new PUPs this time in what will be our 8th season![:)]

Bumped for those of you who have not yet given a pledge or contacted Nutty as it might have slipped your mind but the start of the season is now a week nearer.

Please help continue the success of the terrific PUPs thread.

It was good to see the Pup''s team at the Norwich City Disabled supporters association quiz last night. The team consisting of Nutty Nigel, Tilly, Duncan, Graham Humphrey, Kathy and myself came a creditable second.The night was a roaring success, raising a good few hundred quid.We also won some raffle and spot prizes that will be used in a raffle to raise further funds to support the Pups this season.

My subs should be sitting in your paypal account Nutty. Thanks for giving us another season buddy.

Council tax, road tax, MOT/service and a water bill all coming out this week so a little bit skint, but will sort you out some cash in a couple of weeks Nutty. Before the season starts anyway[Y]

Thanks Thef and Inchy and to those who donated last night. No worries Herman anytime when you have the spare funds.

I''ve got nothing further to report about last seasons funds being presented. We will do it at Conley sometime next month.